Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 5184

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 237

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Thought this post might be of interest to you
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1218246
    About IBS and fructose malabsorption.
    That's interesting - and about the exact same thing I would write. I'd comment to ML but I don't want to de-rail the post about caffeine. I looked but couldn't find a journal by ML.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I don't easily let go of hope.
    That is good. Sorry things have not blended as well as they could.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    In my family (my kids are 8 and 11) Mother's Day and Father's Day is never about
    the kids spending time with either of us.

The day before the real Mother's Day, I go to Monterey to spend the day with my OWN
    mother, then, on the Real Mother's Day, it's all about me, me, me and getting AWAY from
    my kids.

My husband takes them to the park, the arcade, a dark closet, WHEREVER I WANT so I don't have
    to deal with them. Bwahahahha! Talk about selfish, but yanno, I'm with them 24/7, so.

Father's Day is sorta the same, but since Mike works, he DOES want to spend a LITTLE time with them,
    so they play together.

But, if there is a sporting event on TV that Mike wants to watch unfettered (when isn't there?), then
    I make sure the boys are out of his hair.

It's also about every.little.thing. the kids need, the guest of honor that day doesn't have to do any of it.

I'm sure this will all change when they get older and we don't spend 24/7 with them..... so I can definitely
    project how you're feeling!

You take yourself to the movies that day instead.

Or better yet, drive yourself to California and we can go to the movies together. Yeah!!!

Julia

p.s. with regard to the rum, you may want to re-visit that again some day.. cuz I don't have
    stomach troubles, EVER (i could eat nails with rum poured all over them and feel nary a deleterious
    effect), but the next morning after imbibing the night before, um, well, there's always some urgency
    to get to the toilet. I think it's just an alcohol thing. And for me, no matter WHAT I drink, does it the
    next morning. So don't throw rum onto your bad list just yet. As far as the libido thing goes, you may just
    have to suck it up and fake it. It bites, but isn't it over in like 20 minutes anyway?

Julia - you crack me up! and yes - at our age, 20 minutes is a good run. When we got married 12 years ago we could go for ever! Hubby is a patient man........ but he does have his needs. As for the rum............ I'm pretty sure a once in a while thing will be fine on the gut - but for now I need to heal my gut, so its going on the unsafe list. Once I know my gut is healed I think I can manage to drink a couple times a month without out the gastric distress.

the girls are both grown now - 20 and 23 - and since they don't "need" anything from me anymore in the way of parental care we don't really have much of a relationship at all. They lived with us 50% until they were 18 and 21. Now youngest has an apartment near where she goes to college and oldest is living at her moms, just 2 miles away. The 10 years they lived with us 1/2 time was VERY stressful. They both have their mothers explosive emotions, I am very calm and collected. It was not fun.

Just remembered I have a meeting with the boss in an hour............. better get myself in gear!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

taking a little break at the office. I really shouldn't do this but I am entitled to a break. I normally work 4+ hours and never take a break except to run to the potty.

hubby says my back is looking better - less fat roles! as awful at that sounds, it is a compliment and progress. I found out last night that my nephews girlfriend weighs 143 pounds. She's about 5'4" and wears a size 2 jeans and small tops. The girl is solid muscle! Dang - if I could get to that weight and be her size I'd be one hot sexy momma! But, we have different structure and I'm sure I'll never see it. Last time I was that weight I was a size 10 - although with vanity sizing that we now have I'm guessing that will closer to a 6 now. I can live with that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Clothing sizes mean nothing. Focus on looking good naked and feeling healthy. Nephews GF probably hasn't had a baby!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear everything is going so well, Tomi. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Clothing sizes mean nothing. Focus on looking good naked and feeling healthy. Nephews GF probably hasn't had a baby!
    Amen to that! and nope......... she hasn't. I have a somewhat skewed self image - so although hubby might think I look good nekid - I think I look like a whale! Even when I was 140 pounds my ex told me I was fat. So --- I have a very hard time judging what looks good. Hence my need to lean on the old size and weight for my confirmation. In all honesty........ what I think looks good on me - hubby would tell me I look anorexic. Comes from 18 years with the ex never thinking I was thin enough. So, when I get down to 140 I will have to get used to what I look at and be content at that.
    Last edited by tomi; 06-10-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I stopped at the store on my way home to get the fixings for fettuccini for hubby. He'll be happy. The only offending thing in the recipe is the noodles. Can't get around that - he wouldn't want substitute stuff.

anyway - I wandered around looking for things to add to my protein only diet. I went to the meager health food section looking for Lara bars. I have no idea what's in them so I was going to read the label. I couldn't find them. I wonder if they moved them over the protein bar section? I figured if they were over there, they probably weren't "clean" enough for my diet right now. I found these little packages on the bottom shelf that said PRIMAL STRIPS. They were single strips of "jerky" ........... made from SOY!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I almost laughed out loud! I found Kerry Gold cheese in the "fancy" cheese section - but no butter anywhere. I'm sure it wouldn't be as cheap as at Traders Joes anyway. I need to go that way at some point - but not till done with whole30 - and not till ready to experiment with dairy. So, might be a while.

I just ate a fairly large beef patty (left overs from last night) and am very full. I forgot to eat before I left for work this morning so I was pretty hungry when I got home. Good think I had something to quickly warm up - how nice for microwaves. I don't cook anything in them - except to steam veggies - but I use it a lot for re-warming leftovers. I'm wondering if I will have any room in my tummy to eat when hubby gets home from work. I think I'll just re-warm the other burger patty and make him the fettuccini and call it good. If I get hungry later I'll make some eggs.

I haven't tracked my macros or calories for 10 days! Since I'm only eating eggs for breakfast, a meat of some sort for dinner and maybe a snack of pork rinds - it really isn't worth the trouble. I wonder if I'm getting enough calories - but I figure if I'm not hungry then I must doing okay. If my body needed more fuel it would tell me. Maybe I finally have this "eat only when you're hungry" thing down? Wouldn't that be awesome. I'm still doing some reading on the safety of eating only protein. Marks article that I linked up thread said to do it "right" you need to eat a lot of offal. I don't eat any offal. But I do take daily supplements - I know, not the ideal - but better than nothing. B and D are necessary because I've finally got my levels up to normal. The rest is just for posterities sake. ( who is posterity anyway?)
    Last edited by tomi; 06-10-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm bored waiting for hubby to get home..... I wandered over to journal-land. What is with this Zach and Dermaplex and their insane WOE. White sugar and bread is a staple. 600 grams of carbs and its not even time for dinner?

I see type 2 diabetes on the horizon for both of them.

Did I miss the joke? Is this all just in fun insanity? They can't be serious - and why are they on MDA if they are bucking the philosophy of the PB? I should stay away from journal-land.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: