Page 236 of 462 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 236

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    another confession........ curiosity won out and I stepped on the scale. I'm happy to report I've lost 6 pounds since starting whole30 12 days ago. I was having an odd HIGH day on my first day - but I'm counting it anyway. If this rate of loss keeps going I will be into the low 170s by the end of the month. I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue the whole30 until I get to my goal weight. If something is working - why change right? I'm going to keep my carbs VERY low since I'm also doing the elimination diet to see what I can and cannot handle from the fodmaps foods.

So far - no ill effects from the green beans. If I do have any tummy troubles I am going to blame it on the rum. That is my next demon to kill. Baby steps.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

So I decided to dig into the depths of my closet and see what fits. I was happy to find that almost ALL my nearly brand new summer top fit me now! Toning, tightening and losing! Woot Woot! I still have about 10 pairs of capris that I probably won't wear until next summer. Maybe late this summer if all goes well.

I'm contemplating not changing anything with my diet since I'm losing weight now. If I bring carbs back the weight loss might stop again. I've read many times where Mark has said we can survive just fine without carbs. And I'm feeling good, and my bowels aren't spazing out - so really, why should I change anything right now? I know I was only going to do the zero carb for 2 weeks - but I'm gonna play with stretching it out longer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    So I decided to dig into the depths of my closet and see what fits. I was happy to find that almost ALL my nearly brand new summer top fit me now! Toning, tightening and losing! Woot Woot! I still have about 10 pairs of capris that I probably won't wear until next summer. Maybe late this summer if all goes well.

I'm contemplating not changing anything with my diet since I'm losing weight now. If I bring carbs back the weight loss might stop again. I've read many times where Mark has said we can survive just fine without carbs. And I'm feeling good, and my bowels aren't spazing out - so really, why should I change anything right now? I know I was only going to do the zero carb for 2 weeks - but I'm gonna play with stretching it out longer.
    This is so exciting ! I am even more hopeful now that it is also working for me .... my gut sure seems happier than it has in a long time.
    So happy that this is working for you !!!
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad things are going so well for you Tomi. I stepped on that daggum scale today too. 178.6. Down another pound for 43 pounds total. Super excited, but I noticed by boobs are taking a hit... they look deflated and just kind of hang there now. Gonna have to consider getting that problem fixed when we're all done with this weight loss thing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn - great job on the weight loss!!!! and I can totally relate on the deflating lady bumps. Mine are also on the saggy, flat side. But, that means we're losing fat and not muscle I keep teasing hubby that he better be saving up if he wants me to have fake ones installed.

Orannhawk - it is pretty exciting to think I may have finally found the "cure" to my years of distress. I'm hoping you have too!

I slept so good last night!! Went to bed a little late - 11:15 but feel asleep instantly and didn't wake up at all until 5:30. Unfortunately I stayed awake and now am dragging at 7:45. I'm considering going back to bed for a bit - but my mind is already fully awake so I don't think I can sleep any more.

Okay --- I did a little experiment over the weekend. Keeping my diet totally clean and carb free - I tested the rum to see what it would do to my gut. I was not happy with the results. I was quite ill on Sunday morning. So, rum goes on my unsafe list. Hubby is not happy about that since the rum nights are about the only nights I am "in the mood". So, will have to work on that issue again. How to increase my libido........... ugh.

Otherwise - I'm doing great on the whole30/zero carb. We spend the day on the boat Sunday and I took pork rinds and pre-cooked tuna and water. I took m&m's for hubby and he didn't even open the bag! Last night I made burger patties and a potato for hubby.

Not happy about it being Monday again. I am really looking forward to getting the mortgage paid off so I can retire. At 53 I probably shouldn't be so anxious for that.......... but - I'm just a home-body at heart. I love being home. However, that being said - the mortgage won't be paid off for around 10 years. So I will still be near the normal retirement age when I can finally quite working.

I took out a roast for dinner. Hubby is missing pasta so I think I'll try to make something like a fettuccini for him. In my old ways I would just grab a box of Pasta-Roni ............... but I can't in good conscience feed that franken-food to my husband anymore. It will have to be home made.

I think I'm experiencing the early signs of carpal tunnel syndrome. My right hand often falls asleep at night and now I'm having some achiness during the day as well. I'm doing to normal stretching exercises - hoping to avoid the surgery. Hubby had both hands done at the same time a couple years ago - that was interesting. I had to shower and dress him for close to 2 weeks. He managed to take care of his bathroom needs thank goodness!
    Last edited by tomi; 06-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

hubby mentioned over the weekend that he was thinking about seeing if the girls could spend a day at the lake with him for Father's Day. I wish I could get over the feeling of being left out - at the same time I don't want to spend an entire day with the girls so I should be happy to not be included. Its a very conflicting feeling.

I can't get my ticker to update my weight. GRRR..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    hubby mentioned over the weekend that he was thinking about seeing if the girls could spend a day at the lake with him for Father's Day. I wish I could get over the feeling of being left out - at the same time I don't want to spend an entire day with the girls so I should be happy to not be included. Its a very conflicting feeling.
    Well, it is father's day. He is their father not yours, and since you do not want to spend the day with them anyway, how about finding yourself something fun to do?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sounds like a good day for some self-pampering.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Thought this post might be of interest to you
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1218246
    About IBS and fructose malabsorption.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, it is father's day. He is their father not yours, and since you do not want to spend the day with them anyway, how about finding yourself something fun to do?
    Yes - all true. I just still hang on to this hope that we will all be one big happy family - and these "special" days just show me again that we are not. Honestly until the past couple years I did everything I possibly could to make things as right as possible in this blended family - but I got tired of trying and being shot down. So I just gave up trying - but I haven't given up wanting. These holidays just make me sad. I think in a non-blended family father's day would be an "all family event" .............. that's all I want. I just hate being a family divided. But, I decided a couple years ago that I would stop trying and wait until the girls are ready (if ever) to bring me in to fold, so to speak. I don't easily let go of hope.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.