Page 231 of 598 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5980

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 231

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can pee on a ketostick at any time of the day and register ketones. It doesn't have to be just in the morning like with a pregnancy test.

I never felt that clear headed, energy zing either when I went into ketosis.

You're not hungry b/c your body has switched fuel sources. If you've gone carb free for 5+ days, your body has decided it'll use fat for fuel, and if you're like me and have a lot of fat to burn, you will likely not be as hungry as you were before going into ketosis.

Deer - we get our deer ground but NOT with additional meats. We use our deer burger for mixing with stuff - i.e. spaghetti sauce, pizza, tacos, etc. Can't tell a difference between it and beef anymore. Some people have it mixed with pork fat, but we didn't like it that way. We do sometimes mix it with ground pork for meatloaf, though.

I hate dreams like those... creepy dreams. *shudder*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I pee'd on the stick and I am in moderate ketosis First time for me! Slight was the best I could get too while doing HFLC. That makes sense - that I'm now burning up my massive fat stores so my brain isn't saying "hey, eat something!" I was hungry this morning and downed 4 scrambled eggs.

Day 8 of whole30 and day 6 of Zero Carb. I'm doing great. Aside from not sleeping well last night I'm feeling pretty good. Got up this morning with a clear enough head to dive right into the bookwork for the house and boat shop. All bills paid, QuickBooks updated and deposit ready to go to the bank. We really overspent last month on our credit card so I'm forced to pay less on the mortgage than was planned. I expected it, but it still bugs me. I will try to make it up in time. We spent on the garden structure and the plants, plus all the flowers for the yard, plus we both got new shoes at the Merrels outlet store. I ordered some clothes online and we've been ordering from Melaleuca. It adds up fast!!! I've also got some regularly occurring bills on the credit card as well.

Doing the whole30 in tandem with the Zero Carb has made it all much easier. Knowing that I'm doing both to try to fix my gut issues just makes it all easier - not like I'm being deprived of anything. Aside from the rum and diet coke over the weekend I haven't had any cheats or slips. And really no terrible cravings either. I like the thought of my body being adapted to burning fat for fuel now. I've been 18 months on this WOE and I have finally arrived at the desired destination. If I have good results from this in the way of less tummy issues and weight loss I see no reason to end it. I think hubby is getting a little annoyed at my limited food list. But he understands why I'm doing this. He's supportive of my experiments to try to fix things. I sure wish I could get him to do a whole30 with me. Maybe if I have a really good drop in weight he'll see that its worth a try. ???? maybe?

better get moving............. have to be at work in about 45 minutes. And I haven't even showered yet. Good thing I'm quick!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Hi Tomi. Glad you're feeling well. I hope you have continued success.

How are the Barre3 workouts coming? And how bout those BM? I assume since you haven't really said anything over the last couple of days that there is no change and things are 'right' still.

Barre3 is great! I've even got hubby to do it with me on the weekends I do them about 5 days a week - 10-30 minutes depending on my energy level. I'm still loving it - and my body seems to love it too cuz I'm seeing some nice changes to my shape and tone.

BMs - since starting Zero Carb - day 1 and 2 I had some diarrhea, day 3 and 4 no BM at all. Day 5 a normal BM, followed by a little pain and diarrhea a few hours later. I attributed that to the fatty ground pork that I had for dinner the night before. Day 7 no BM so far. I'm keeping the fat at about 50% of my total calories - basically just whats in the meat. A little tiny bit of olive oil for eggs is all I'm adding.

I think I may have found the source of my gut issues. So far fructose malabsorption seems to be the culprit.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm glad you feel you've found a cause. I hope it continues to be the case.

Thanks - me too. Its SOOOO nice to go through a whole day and not experience any pain or diarrhea. This has been a part of my life for about 30 years - with short reprieves of normal bathroom habits here and there.

I'm feeling pretty good about how strict I've been during this n=1 experiment. I've eaten nothing but eggs and meat/fish for 9 days now. And as easy as it is I see no reason to slow down. I was planning on doing this for just 2 weeks and then start to add back in a single item every 3 days to see what happens. Its so nice not being sick I'm not sure I want to risk it --- but I do need to figure out what I can and cannot eat. So, the experiment must proceed. I'm on day 9 so including today I have 6 more days of strictly protein. Then I will start to add in foods from the safe list first. I will first try a sweet potato with no butter. One small sweet potato a day for 3 days. I also need to test out butter and cheese. It could be that I need to eliminate all dairy -- or maybe I could get by with using ghee only. Since there are no milk solids in ghee. I will start making my own if that's the case. I have been lactose intolerant since I was about 30 - but have never had symptoms from butter or cheese. At least I never thought they were giving me issues. Could be they were contributing to the diarrhea issues all these years. It would be a shame to have to give up ALL DAIRY - but I will if I have to.

Yesterday I lifted weights on the bowflex for about 15 minutes. I don't know what any of the moves are called - I just sit down and start pulling in all different directions. Today - Barre3. I'm going to turn on the 40 minute whole body and see how far I get.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still wondering about Judg. She sorta grew on me and I miss her interaction on the forum.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    If you try out butter and ghee and other forms of dairy, I would suggest you tackle each one individually, with the 3 day trial. There's no guarantee that ALL milk solids are removed from ghee, so if you are really sensitive, that might be off the table too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Mine too! A couple years ago a guy gave us a shoulder from a Wild Boar --- HOLY COW that was GOOD! We cooked in the deep pit - it was excellent!
    I really want to try wild boar. They've just been out there, roamin around, eating what they're supposed to eat.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Thanks, Tasha - I thinks that's a great suggestion! I'll do that.

Just finished a Barre3 30 minutes full body workout with Sadie! Love her - she's adorable. With the exception of having to take a couple deep stretches during the intense leg work I think I did pretty good. My balance is definitely improving and my strength and stamina are revving up as well. I feel stronger than I have in 12 years! Before the fibro hit me with both barrels I was 38 years old - 135 pounds - size 6 (todays size 4) and doing kick boxing 3 nights a week and step aerobics the other 4 days a week. I was in great shape!!!! I'm sure I'll never see that level of fitness again - but I'm going to be the best I can at this stage of my life.

Marcadav - thanks again for telling me about Barre3!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    then I had a dream there was man standing next to my side of the bed trying to uncover me........ when I woke up my mind was still sorta engaged in the dream and I thought I was seeing him walk down the hall to the stairs. I sat up in bed and was waiting for the motion sensor at the top of the stairs to turn on the light - but nothing happened. I had to get up, walk down the hall and test the light to make sure it was on and working. No man. But it freaked me out enough that I couldn't go back to sleep.
    Ooh, that is so scary. I hope you sleep better tonight.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23