Page 230 of 460 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4600

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 230

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Strong and a weird smell that I don't have other than when I'm in ketosis. Some people say.ike fingernail polish remover or juicy fruit gum.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    that's funny! I've noticed since going primal my pee smell changed. Its stronger smelling now. I think I'll use the ketostix to confirm whether or not I'm in ketosis --- although I do have a pretty sensitive sense of smell - if I could identify the smell while in ketosis that would be a big help.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I figured it out by using ketone sticks.

excellent!

Pork shoulder roast is smelling especially good - I set it for 3 hours......... still has 1 hour 15 minutes to go. Going to be pulled pork when its done I think.

Reading some New Posts .............. boy, people talk about weird stuff around here.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Yum, pork shoulder - my favorite!

Mine too! A couple years ago a guy gave us a shoulder from a Wild Boar --- HOLY COW that was GOOD! We cooked in the deep pit - it was excellent!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Not sure about game meat. Can't do Bambi!

I don't like Venison too much. The flavor is too strong for me. Same for Elk. But I do like them both made into jerky. YUM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    It can be more palatable if it is ground with beef or pork. A lot of people around here (hunting is very big in Maine) have their game meat processed with more conventional stuff.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

PrimalCon New York
    Oh - so you grind it with beef or pork? Never had that. I tried Buffalo - its a strong flavor too. Sorta like Elk I think.

Its the middle of the night......... 1:40 am. Went to bed at 10:30 and was hot but fell asleep quick enough - then woke up too hot. Then had to pee.......... then hubby got up............ then I had a dream there was man standing next to my side of the bed trying to uncover me........ when I woke up my mind was still sorta engaged in the dream and I thought I was seeing him walk down the hall to the stairs. I sat up in bed and was waiting for the motion sensor at the top of the stairs to turn on the light - but nothing happened. I had to get up, walk down the hall and test the light to make sure it was on and working. No man. But it freaked me out enough that I couldn't go back to sleep. I layed there for an hour and finally came downstairs. Plus hubby is snoring louder than my earplugs can block. GRRR........

I didn't eat much yesterday. I'm wondering why I'm not hungry.

I ate 4 eggs. Maybe 1/2 cup of home canned tuna. Some pork rinds. About 7 or 8 ounces of pork shoulder. Maybe 800 calories. I'm trying not to track while doing whole30.

I haven't got to that burst of energy and brain zing that I have heard people experience when in ketosis - so maybe I haven't quite gotten deep enough yet. I'm gonna check in the morning.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.