Page 228 of 568 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5674

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 228

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Banks questioned where Brad and I got a $5,000 down payment on our mortgage when we bought our first house. We had to get all kinds of documentation to show that the cash we were putting down was legitimate "legal" cash and not earned through drug deals and stuff like that. We borrowed it from FIL's retirement fund, so it was easy to document, but still a pain in the arse.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I suppose they have legal reasons to document things like that. The IRS has to have their fingers into everything taxable.

My second day of eating only meat. I had a bit of a challenge at lunch - mom and I met sister for lunch and I couldn't find anything on the menu that was just plain meat. So when I asked the waitress she said they could just make me a plain chicken breast with salt and pepper. They charged only $3.50 for it and it was pretty tasty. I had to laugh at my sister --- she was asking about what I'm doing and said, "so what do you eat for breakfast? Bacon?" ........... I said, "usually eggs" ............ her response was "but I thought you said you were only meat - eggs aren't meat" (faceplant!!!) I said "they're pre-meat". She said, "so, you're eating only protein?" ................... DUH! My sister is a brunette - but she's typical blonde by nature!

food today:
    3 eggs
    a small chicken breast
    a good sized beef patty

dinner will be a ground pork patty. I'm making a beef curry for hubby.

My goodness I pee'd a LOT this morning! Is that sign of being in ketosis? Must be related to my diet of only protein cuz it was pretty unusual.

I forgot to send the scales with hubby - but after giving it some thought I think they would get broken in his truck anyway. I'll have to find a better option. I didn't step on them this morning

I slept really good last night and woke up feeling wonderful! That's pretty unusual for me. I had a little tummy pain and some diarrhea. I ended up taking a pill to stop it cuz I had to take mom to the doctor and shopping, then go shopping myself - I couldn't be running to the restroom at every place we stopped.

Now - time to mow the grass. Its shaping up to be a gorgeous weekend here in the Willamette Valley!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

I forgot to send the scales with hubby - but after giving it some thought I think they would get broken in his truck anyway. I'll have to find a better option. I didn't step on them this morning
    I am open to babysitting your scales for the duration. Just let me know. We could use the Fred Meyer parking lot as a transfer location.

Thanks, Marcadav I'll let you know if becomes too much of a temptation - but I think just telling hubby to hide it is the best option

Woke up feeling really great - I have had TWO good nights of sleep in a row. There must be something to this ketosis thing that is working in my favor. This morning hubby told me the "girls" are going away - so that must mean I'm losing now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, there is a W30 challenge thread up for June.

I saw that
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting here debating if I am starting the all protein tomorrow - or waiting until Monday, so I don't end up throwing out the bowl of leftover yumminess of ground, zucchini and a tiny bit of carrot.

On a side note, I am thinking of pulling the scales out of the dark recesses of the closet and weigh before I start this adventure ... have to prepare for the marauding dust bunnies that are currently guarding it.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    marauding dust bunnies
    Hahahahaha

Sounfs like ketosis to me Tomi. Congrats! And best of luck to your continued success.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

EDIT - I wrote this yesterday but forgot to click save - so it looks like I wrote it today. I'll add a date to make it right.

June 2, 2013
    Okay - day 5. I'm doing GREAT! Not a hint of a tummy ache or diarrhea in 2 DAYS! I will continue with this all protein experiment for a full 2 weeks.

My body continues to change. I'm still wearing my size 14 jeans, and L tops - but things are changing. Hubby keeps telling me my boobs are shrinking, and this morning told me my butt was getting smaller. I noticed in the mirror this morning that I'm getting my hour-glass back! I actually have curves again! Not just roles and bulges! I'm REALLY excited about that! I'm definitely getting stronger and my legs are really shaping up! Less cellulite and everything.

Have to confess - I had rum last night. But I still feel like I've been successful because in the past 7 days I've been 100% whole30 - and the past 5 days 100% ZERO carb.
    Last edited by tomi; 06-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Nice work, Tomi! All those little changes you are seeing are such good signs! I had a little cellulite on my butt 2 years ago when I was the same weight (but more fat than muscle) and that was the first thing to go away even though the scales didn't change.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).