Page 227 of 563 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5625

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 227

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just remember, Tomi, that just because a food is on the safe list does not mean it is safe for you. Everyone is different. I have had to drop all members of the cabbage family, kale included, because they are not my friend.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

From Orranhawk's journal...

It's a little depressing to look at the ok section on the FOSMAPS and see how many things I am allergic to in the "ok" foods.

Keep that in mind.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Okay --- (drum roll please..........) Since Paula is being so "no scale for me!!!" I'm going to put on my big girl panties and put my scale away too! FAR FAR away! I'm going to put it in hubby's truck so it is out of site and completely unavailable in case of a weak moment!

That means today is my last weigh day - and my baseline for whole30. 184.4 is my starting point. Down 3 pounds from yesterday. Bye-bye inflammation.

Thanks for the info on the sodium Paula - I didn't know that - and its obviously an important thing to know. The salt shaker will be my friend for the next month, and my liquid magnesium too. Anything else I should remember to take? I do take a potassium pill daily, and 500 mg of calcium also. I think that covers the electrolytes, right? (I'm digging back in my brain to my A&P classes!!)

Honeybuns - I have read that any food can be cause for distress, I have already identified many foods on the safe list that are known tummy upsetters. When this experiment is over I will make up my own list and keep it handy. I know this is going to be long and sometimes difficult as I start to re-introduce foods after 2 weeks.

I'm supposed to be getting my weekly supply of 18 farm fresh free range eggs today - we're on a schedule to get our supply on Thursday each week. These eggs are HUGE - a standard large egg is 1.8 ounces (no shell) these weigh on average 2.2 ounces (no shell) I'm so excited to have found a source!! and only $4 for 18 eggs. Cool huh?

I'm gonna look for some uncured bacon - I'll need some fatty meat sources during my 2 weeks on no carbs. Yesterday I only got to 1158 calories - and that was including the entire bag of pork rinds I ate on the trip up and down to mountain to put the boat in the lake. I know whole30 says not to track food intake either............ but since I'm also trying to track how my gut reacts to what I'm eating I'm going to keep track of what I eat, but not the macros. I'll just keep a food log.

I woke up without a stomach ache - and at 9:20 I still have not had a BM That's amazing! Normally by now I have been to the bathroom 3 times and have moaned and groaned from all the pain. So if this continues I will have a good day!

In other news.......... we have a couple coming to look at the 5th wheel this afternoon around 3:00. They are driving from Wenatchee, WA to Salem, OR -- It's a 3 hour trip. I hope they are coming prepared to pay cash cuz I'm a little uncomfortable taking a check for that much. What we can do is not give them the title until the check clears the bank - we'll mail it to them AFTER the funds are secured. I'll give them a Bill of Sale. I hope this goes smoothly

I better finish my eggs, catch up journals, and take my vitamins so I can do Barre3 before work. I'm on a weird schedule today. Going in at 11:30, and I need to be home by 3:00 to meet the WA people. Have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

As far as uncured bacon, my butcher shop sells it as sliced pork belly and keep it in the freezer case. Any good old fashined butchers in your area?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Dammit Tomi, now I can't cheat on the scale!!! I will weigh and measure tomorrow for the last time. I start on Sat. Still need some stuff from the health food store.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-30-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good on you, Tomi! I can't wait to see how you do and what you find out with your experiment.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm pumped! I hope this food experiment is successful so I can just start to learn what I can and cannot eat - and stop my constant searching for answers!!! I would be in HEAVEN if this would fix my gut issues AND my weight issues! Is that too much to ask? I have read that having terribly messed up gut flora can cause trouble with gaining or losing weight. I SOOO hope that is my problem!

I ate 5 eggs for breakfast cuz I was very hungry - and I needed to eat up the last of the store bought eggs. I had a bit of a tummy ache for a while after. I might need to do another NO egg experiment if the tummy aches don't stop. I'd hate to give up eggs - but I will if I have to. I'll do anything to feel better. But I think the pain is just from my gut being so damaged. Cuz I will get a tummy ache no matter what I eat. Certain foods cause much more pain and distress. It will be interesting to see if I get into full ketosis on this ZERO carb experiment. I still have lots of keto-stix left - so I guess I'll check in a few days.

Anyway - food today:

eggs
    pork rinds
    ground beef (at least that's what I have planned)

Sold the 5th Wheel to a very happy man from Wenatchee, WA. They've been looking for almost 2 years and said ours is BY FAR the best thing they've seen! He took a picture of it pulling out of the driveway so he could send a picture to his wife and 6 kids (adult kids). He was very happy. He said they will really enjoy and were thankful to have found it. AND - I just took $12,500 to the bank........ all HUNDREDS. Did you know you have to answer questions when depositing that much cash?

"Did you sell something? Can I see your ID? What is your occupation?"

................. SERIOUSLY? I don't think I look like a low life drug dealer - or a hooker........... I hope I don't look like either of those things!!! Anyway - the money is in the bank and will soon be paid on our mortgage This will cut $13,500 off our mortgage this month! WOOT WOOT!! I'm so excited!

I opted to do a stretching WO this morning cuz I was feeling a little low on energy. I found a Dennis Austin 10 minute stretch on Youtube. I'm going to go put on my WO clothes and do a Barre3 before hubby gets home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is fabulous Tomi!!! You'll be mortgage free in no time.

well............... if 8 years is no time - then yup!! That is the most aggressive payoff plan - it may take longer if there are any hiccups along the way. Shorter if we happen to have a few stellar years at the boatshop.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation