Page 225 of 550 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5491

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 225

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree with you about the redundancy - drives me crazy. And the proliferation of self-published books often means no professional editor with a sharp red pencil, a big loss IMHO. Very few people have the ability to bring a perfectly finished book to publication without at least a little help. But that's kinda off-topic - good luck and much success! I really want you to meet your goals!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I will reread "It Starts With Food" this week. Use up my dairy and say goodbye to sweeteners. Have to buy some ghee or clarify some butter. Make home made mayo. Get my head in the game.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I agree with you about the redundancy - drives me crazy. And the proliferation of self-published books often means no professional editor with a sharp red pencil, a big loss IMHO. Very few people have the ability to bring a perfectly finished book to publication without at least a little help. But that's kinda off-topic - good luck and much success! I really want you to meet your goals!
    I agree with the editor thought. There is a reason to have a professional go over every word with a fine tooth comb. I hate poorly written books. I was reading a series once - the Left Behind series - I thought the first 3 books were great - but everything seemed to change at book #4 --- like it was suddenly being dummy-down and written at a 4th grade level. It was so bad I never finished the series. I felt like I'd been thrown into a See Spot Run nightmare!

Thanks for the encouragement - I really want to reach my goals!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It Starts with Food was published by Victory Belt Publishing, which publishes a lot of Paleo based books. Not sure I would consider that "self published", whereas Mark's book WAS self-published by Primal Nutrition, Inc, a company owned by Mark.

Repetition can get annoying, but sometimes it's needed to help things CLICK inside our brains.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think my 10 days of strictly primal was a good lead in to a Whole30. And since we're out of butter I don't have that little temptation, or in most cases - just a brain fart waiting to happen. I think its a good idea to take a few days to prepare. I've been considering this for about a week, so I guess I'm not totally impulsive Once I decide I'm going to do something I don't want to wait for the calendar to make it a "good starting point" .......... but I understand the reasoning behind it. Its a block of time - so making it a MONTH start to finish is a good road map to go by.

Oh - we have a prospective buyer for the 5th wheel. They are coming to see it on Thursday afternoon, and if they like it they are coming prepared to hook on and drive away. They are coming from 3 hours north of us. The guy told hubby that they've been looking for almost a year and ours is by far the best they've seen. They are planning on doing some extensive retirement travel with it. I don't think we will miss it at all. We've enjoyed our trips with it - but we just never got attached to it. For me, having all that weight behind the truck was just stressful! Besides, it takes up so much space in the driveway, and I'm tired of trying to keep it clean beneath the trees. I'm so ready to say goodbye to it. The money is going directly onto the mortgage. That will take it down nicely! We paid $14,000 for it 3 years ago - we currently have it listed for $12,995. I think that's a pretty good price for it. We've added a 32" flat screen and BlueRay, and I've cleaned it up with new window coverings, wall paper borders and dining chairs covers. Its looks pretty dang good. Fingers crossed for a quick easy sale - and no dickering over the price! I hate dickering!

Going to do Barre3 now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm so pumped!!! I did an entire 40 minute whole body work out today! I hope I won't pay for it later in the way of leg pain - we shall see. I wish I could get my sisters to do this - its quick, fun and shows results pretty fast. At least in the way of strength and tone - maybe not so much in weight loss yet. Course they are pretty overweight - more so than me even. I'm 185, next sister is 200, next ~220, next ~350. I'm the "baby" so age and weight are both playing a role here in their lack of activity.

Anyway - I'm feeling accomplished today! My head is definitely back in the game and I'm focused again. Get strong, get healthy, get slim.

Looks like we're taking the boat to the lake Wednesday evening. BIL is taking his also. His is oversized also - so we'll be 2 wide loads heading up to the lake. Hope we don't have any issues. I'm anxious to get the summer started! It will be good to have the driveway clear as well - cuz right now we have the 32' 5th Wheel, and the 29' boat parked in the driveway. When hubby is home his F350 king cab/long bed is parked there too! Good thing we have a LONG driveway Once the 5th wheel is sold and the boat is in the lake for the summer we will actually have a clear driveway for a change!!! YEAH!

Was looking at the smoothie recipes on the Barre3 website. I might try one. Almond Milk, pineapple, orange, banana and spinach. Sounds good, huh? They have a 7 day Blast challenge I might try at some point. But the food seems ridiculously light on calories. Basically its a smoothie a day, a bowl of soup a day and a salad w/protein a day. Smoothie/Soup/Salad + Protein. Their recipes are all whole foods - they are very paleo focused. I'm going to try the smoothie later this week.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

It's 2:45 am. I've been awake since 2:00 am. I woke up with that same feeling in the pit of my stomach - a pressure, not quite a pain. A feeling of discomfort that I don't really know how to explain or what to do about. Its almost like a feeling of being really empty, but there are no typical stomach growls and other noises. Almost like I need to burp, but the burp won't happen. I decided to get up and eat something - so I got a glass of water and a bag of pork rinds. I ate a normal dinner - fish and veggies - at 7:30. This is making me really mad! There seems to be no reason for this --- UNLESS, I'm not eating enough during the day. If the pork rinds make me feel better than I guess I can try to eat more tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I didn't take the probiotic last night so I can't blame it on that. I'm getting really frustrated with this constant gut problem.

Its pouring down rain and we're supposed to be taking the boat to the lake tomorrow evening. I hope it lets up by then.

I have a cauliflower head on one my plants! and I have peppers growing nicely. The lettuce is ready to eat and the zucchini is getting huge! No flowers yet - but the plants are really growing How exciting.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - my middle of the night snack seemed to help with the pain/pressure/discomfort in the pit of my stomach. After asking hubby to go to the other bedroom sleep I was able to fall asleep again and slept for another 3.5 hours. But upon waking I needed to use the bathroom, and have had to use it 3 times now since getting out of bed 1 hour ago. My stomach hurts and I'm feeling a bit nauseous. I'm really tired after a lousy nights sleep. I'm hungry this morning, that's not normal. I'm not usually wanting to eat until around 11 am. I'll make some eggs I guess.

Day 1 of whole30 went well.

Food yesterday:
    3 eggs fried in 1 tsp ghee
    4 oz of chicken breast
    a handful of almonds
    a handful of grapes
    4 fish fillets (6 inches x 1/2" thick)
    large serving of roasted veggies
    pork rinds

calories = ~1600

WO = 40 minutes total body Barre3

Weight today = 187.2 Up nearly 2 pounds from yesterday. Inflammation from the harder/longer workout? Its really frustration and discouraging to see a gain when I ate healthy, light meals - and workout harder than normal. But, I've noticed everything I step it up a notch on the workout I see a 2 pound gain the next day. I'm not gonna freak out over it, I'm not gonna change course or use food as a comfort - I'll just stay the course.

I'm doing everything right and I should be seeing results. I will see results when my body adjusts to the added muscle and the healthier diet. I will see results.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You WILL see results.

Do you take your PM supplements with food? Maybe the upset tummy you keep feeling with them isn't necessarily the probiotics, but the empty tummy you have when you take your vitamins. I can't take vitamins on an empty tummy or I get severely nauseated - like dizzyingly nauseated. I hate it and refuse to take them unless I take them in the middle of a meal. Maybe you should take yours with food too?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I think Whole30 recommends no weight until after 30 days.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html