Page 224 of 540 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 5394

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 224

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just came from Jenn's journal .............. again her progress is inspiring me to try to do a whole30 again. I'm thinking the only thing in my diet that I need to eliminate is dairy - and that's only butter and the sour cream, cream cheese and yogurt that I mix in the tuna. I'm gonna give it some thought. I'll go to the whole9 site again and read about it. Obviously I haven't found my SWEET SPOT yet.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    For me, it will be dairy, sweeteners and processed meats like bacon, and my hellmann's mayo that I have to drop. Weaning off this week for official June 1st start.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-28-2013 at 10:27 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    For me, it will be dairy, sweeteners and processed meats like bacon, and my hellmann's. Mayo that I have to drop. Weaning off this week for official june1st start.
    You're gonna do a whole30 Paula?? I'm considering continuing mine now that I'm seeing some great results. I was going to do a 21 day sugar detox in June but I might stick with Whole30.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. This is a great time of year for me to do it and I have never made the full 30 so it would be a real challenge.

Okay - I'm inspired to once again set my calendar for a Whole30 challenge. I mean - I'm trying to do the 15 day thing - why not just step it up a notch and go for the gold? I've been wondering if eating butter (I'm lactose intolerant) is causing some of my tummy issues. I have ghee to use instead. So, no butter - no tuna mix - no store bought condiments. I've cut out almost all of that anyway - with the once or twice a month ketchup or salad dressing. I can avoid that for a month.

My tummy's doing better and I'm going to eat some eggs. I'll cook them in ghee. Dinner is going to be Kokanee and roasted veggies. If I'm doing the whole30 then I can't have the protein shakes because the label says they contain milk solids and soy. Probably not the best choice anyway --- but a quick and easy meal/snack with minimal offensive ingredients.

Not going to work today. I'll do Barre3 - take a nice relaxing bath and try to let my body recover from yesterdays gut wrenching episode. A couple times the pain got so bad I thought I was going to vomit.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes. This is a great time of year for me to do it and I have never made the full 30 so it would be a real challenge.
    I've made my decision............. I'm going to start - right now! Not waiting until June 1. I must be somewhat impulsive - NO?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Why are you attempting a whole30 when you know it's not something you're comfortable with?

I need to find out whats causing my tummy issues - if its the small amount of dairy (butter, cream cheese...) then this should help me learn to eliminate them from my diet. I need structure - whole30 intimidates me but I think its got the structure that I need. Clear cut "rules" that I can follow if I just put my mind to it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Agree. That's why I like it so much. There's not thinking involved. It's "do this, not that". Plain and clear. Simple.

BUT, you have to read to know what you're getting yourself into and after your numerous attempts, I do believe you know what you're getting yourself into. My sister, on the other hand, did not and I spent much of the last 21 days explaining crap to her instead of her reading it for herself. Finally on Sunday I told her there was a specific reason why certain things are eliminated and she needs to read the book. lol

I would recommend YOU read the book as well, if you haven't already. It Starts with Food is eye opening and make the whole30 so much easier for me to adhere to b/c I understood the reasoning behind why they eliminated specific foods.

I haven't read the book but I think I understand it well enough. I have a hard time reading these types of books because there is always so much redundancy in them - and so much "filler" just to make the book longer. I'm a pretty firm believer in just stating the facts, plain and simple. Even Mark's Primal Blueprint had me rolling my eyes and skimming through a lot of it. But if I happen to see it at a yard sale or the Good Will I will buy it and go through it.

Whole30 is STRICT - and as much as I hate that - I NEED that. I've tried twice before - the first time I think I made it 9 days. The second time I forgot that dairy was a no-no so I pretty much threw in the towel after 5 days.

Am I doing it for the weight loss??? ............ absolutely. If learning to eliminate X from my diet will get me healthy and to a healthy weight then I'm going to do it.

I do feel that I've made some pretty good progress over the past 6 months. I rarely eat store bought condiments, I can easily leave the carton of ice cream in the freezer, and cookies don't have quite the power over me that they used to. There are still 2 cookies sitting on the counter (the snicker doodles that I baked on Saturday) - 6 months ago those would have been eaten for breakfast! Progress - but I'm not there yet.

My GOALS:

Cookies will have NO power over me.
    Alcohol does not pass my lips.
    My next check up in the spring of 2014 I will be 140 or less.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation