Page 220 of 462 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4617

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 220

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ha Tomi, You have a really big personality!!!

For some reason, all this time, I pictured you as a 5'10" Amazon like me. Lol

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

I did too. She's shorter than me!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

nope just a shorty!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I nibbled on a little left over ground beef from last night - I made ground beef with bacon and added just enough tomato sauce to give it flavor. I also added some spices. Its really good! Oh, and topped it with a little Colby/Jack cheese. mmmmm! But I only took a couple bites cuz we're having Tenderloin and veggies for dinner in a couple hours.

Now that I know the nightly tummy issues are caused by the war between good and evil in my innerds I'm a little scared to take the probiotics - but I know I have to tough through the war-zone so the good guys can win! I was told by the reps who sold us this stuff that their probiotics is pretty kick-ass stuff. He offered to have me talk to a gal who completely "cured" her IBS after just a month of taking this stuff. So I am really, really hopeful that I will see an end to the belly aches and diarrhea that have plagued me for YEARS!

Work was a bummer today - only enough to get me through 2 hours - then I came home. I wish I had enough to do to fill an entire afternoon. I really want the paycheck!! I might need to look for a different job if things don't pick up cuz my goal of paying off the mortgage is dependent on my paycheck.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

So I had something disturbing happen at work today and I decided to share it with the manager so he was aware and could make note of it in the other employee's file.

So, I work in a multi-purpose area - but when not in use for meetings or whatever - I am alone in the room. The doorway is covered by a curtain. I'm sitting there at my desk and Dave comes through the curtain and says "so I'm reminded of a joke my uncle told me. Why is it women shouldn't work in construction?" I said - "I don't know, why shouldn't women work in construction?" and he said - "I'm not going to repeat it" ............ I said, "fine, is that the joke?" .......... then he said, "because they don't have a tape measure.......... I have a tape measure". I said "ok, I get it" and he walked out. Now - I don't hardly know Dave and I certainly don't need any sexually loaded jokes from him. So, I went and told the manager about it. He said he now has 5 things to add to Dave's file just from THIS WEEK that people have made complaints about. The boss (the doctor) is hesitant to let Dave go because they have invested a lot of money in him in the way of lab training. But, he's making everyone very uncomfortable and he's creepy, and he isn't a very good employee. I asked the manager to share what happened today with the boss. I'm hoping he will get rid of him. Especially now. He's a creeper for sure! He's always made me feel a bit uncomfortable but until today I didn't have a solid reason for it - it was just a feeling. Now I know he's creepy and I need to stay away from him.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I've been taking probiotics since I finished the amoxicillin last Sat. You are supposed to take 3 pills / day. I knew better and started with 2. The effects hit full force tonight. eeeek!

oh dear............ sorry Pebbles. The pill I'm taking is a single pill a day in the evening. It says it has 5 billion active cultures. And boy do I feel them fighting off the bad boys in there! Hope you feel better soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    So I had something disturbing happen at work today
    Ah, see at my work the response Dave would have gotten would have been, "Great, and with 3 friends you can measure a foot."

I can apparently never work in the real world.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Under normal circumstances I would have found that joke amusing........ had it come from a friend who I was comfortable with - but this came from a guy I barely know and it made me very uncomfortable. come to find out - he's been hitting on the girls who do phlebotomy (they don't work for the clinic, they are contracted through Quest Diagnostics). They guy should be fired!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Oh Tomi, that is creepy. I got chills.