Page 219 of 522 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 5219

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 219

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay - I've concluded that the probiotics are definitely doing a number on my digestive system. Again last night I had the full feeling and the swooshy grumbly noises within 30 minutes of taking it. This morning I had to run to the bathroom at about 6 am cuz I was sure I was going to throw up. A couple burps and the feeling subsided, but didn't completely go away for about an hour. It has to be the probiotics cuz I only get that feeling after the evening dose of pills and the probiotics is only in the evening pack. Process of elimination points to the probiotics. I must have some nasty fighting going on in there! I'm going to stick it out until my supply of vitamin packs is gone. Hopefully the good bugs will fight off the bad bugs and I will start to feel wonderful and have normal BMs daily. Sometimes the power of positive thinking can make things happen!

Weight - 184.6 - still bouncing between 183 and 186. I haven't cheated or made any bad choices for 6 days now. I've been working out (4 times), or working hard in the yard (2 times). Not one lazy day yet. I'm building muscle and tone - so I'm not going to get upset that the scales aren't moving. Now if they aren't moving in a month I will definitely be upset!! My total calories are right at 1100 everyday. Most of my calories are at dinner - I'm wondering if I should spread them out more evenly??? I know a lot of people can eat all their calories in a small window - but I've read a lot about how calories are used and stored - what can't be utilized within a certain time frame gets stored as fat. I think I'm going to try to even it out a little better and see if that helps the scale move a bit.

So - right now I'm having a protein shake with magnesium (which seems to be alleviating the cramping in my hands and feet!) Before I go to work I will eat something a little more than I normally do........... instead of 2 eggs I'll eat 4 eggs. Then a small bite of something after work - maybe a serving size of pork rinds. Then at dinner I will tone it down a bit. I'll plug the numbers into my spreadsheet and see how it comes out. Dinner tonight is Tenderloin and fried veggies.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The thing about calories is that your body is constantly burning them. Constantly. Every breath you take burns calories. So whether you eat them all at once or spread out over the day shouldn't matter. If you eat them all during one meal, you'll create a deficit through normal activity until you eat. I really don't think when you eat matters - as long as you eat when you're hungry.

Your chicken and veggies looks delicious! And I like the fork.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

You're probably right. I think I'll do a bit of research anyway - couldn't hurt. The fork is part of the new flatware that I got last fall - I love it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Can I ask...Have you always been eating 1100 cals? How many were you eating when you were successfully losing? You are exercising now, so you may need more food.

I have a very slow metabolism. I maintain at 1500. Doc told me I should be eating between 1200 and 1500. If I go above 1500 I gain. I'm only 5'3" tall - and my best weight is 135. I'm medium build with a pretty good muscle base - I build muscle very easily. I've been so inactive for the past 10 years I've lost a lot of the muscle I used to have - I think as I build up more muscle I will be able to eat a bit more, but I'm pretty sure I'm at the right level of calories to be losing. Time will tell.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Barre3 - 20 minutes of a 30 minute standing tall workout. Everything done in a standing position - squats (or the ballet equivalent of) and LOTS of leg and core work! I just couldn't do the last 10 minutes.

I found a source of free range eggs 18 eggs for $4. OR......... I can get them from the sister for free - but not as many as I want, just as she has them available. The new source is through my BIL. He gets them from his boss. And they are enormous for chicken eggs! I'm happy.

Yummy............ spicy eggs!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    After 6 months stalled (gain/lose the same 5lbs), I have managed to get the scales moving again. Perhaps some of my techniques will help you? I am moving to low carb for about a week, with a reefed day where I eat lots of carbs. This weekend's refeed will be for DH's birthday. I will still stay away from wheat as that makes me sick. I think how I'm eating my food also makes a difference. I am now having a large breakfast, small lunch, and medium dinner. I'm not sure if the breakfast is the signal to my body that food is plentiful so it can use up fat stores? The lunch basically gets me to dinner without being starving. And the dinner is enough to make me feel full in the evening so when my mind wants ice cream I can tell myself no because I'm not hungry at all. Eating beef over chicken seems to be having a positive effect on my hunger and weight.

A sample of what I'm eating:
    B - 3 or 4 eggs cooked in butter, 1 burger patty, blueberries and strawberries (1/2C?)
    L - 1 or 2 HB eggs, small portion of steak
    D - Brocolli or green beans, 2 burgers or med steak or meatloaf

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Chicken leaves me feeling hungry shortly after as well - I think it's the reduced fat content.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    After 6 months stalled (gain/lose the same 5lbs), I have managed to get the scales moving again. Perhaps some of my techniques will help you? I am moving to low carb for about a week, with a reefed day where I eat lots of carbs. This weekend's refeed will be for DH's birthday. I will still stay away from wheat as that makes me sick. I think how I'm eating my food also makes a difference. I am now having a large breakfast, small lunch, and medium dinner. I'm not sure if the breakfast is the signal to my body that food is plentiful so it can use up fat stores? The lunch basically gets me to dinner without being starving. And the dinner is enough to make me feel full in the evening so when my mind wants ice cream I can tell myself no because I'm not hungry at all. Eating beef over chicken seems to be having a positive effect on my hunger and weight.

A sample of what I'm eating:
    B - 3 or 4 eggs cooked in butter, 1 burger patty, blueberries and strawberries (1/2C?)
    L - 1 or 2 HB eggs, small portion of steak
    D - Brocolli or green beans, 2 burgers or med steak or meatloaf
    I'm trying to move toward something close to that. You eat a lot more meat than I do though. My carbs are still under 100 - usually closer to 50 - 90% of the time. So I'd say I'm still low carb - I think bumping up the protein is my next tweak. And I agree - chicken leaves me feeling hungry within a couple hours. Unless I add enough fat in the way of bacon grease or butter.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm at work with very little to do today.................. I need to stretch out the afternoon. But the boss would seriously frown upon my being on the internet - luckily he's not in his office right now. I hate coming to work when I have so little to do - its hardly worth the gas to get me here. But I do love my job as far as what I do. The medical field fascinates me - I should have known this earlier in life.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: