Page 218 of 513 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5124

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 218

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think that it is less that 'low fat is so NOT a primal way of thinking' than fat fearmongering is not primal thinking. Fat can be a very important part of the diet, but that does not mean that everything you eat has to be loaded with fat. I think it is perfectly primal to eat chicken breast or lean pork or lower fat cuts of beef. I also think it works just as well to eat fattier cuts. To me primal is about eating real food...some real food just happens to be lower in fat.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Who knows how many people are stalking you? Bwahahahahahaha!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-22-2013 at 11:39 AM.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think that it is less that 'low fat is so NOT a primal way of thinking' than fat fearmongering is not primal thinking. Fat can be a very important part of the diet, but that does not mean that everything you eat has to be loaded with fat. I think it is perfectly primal to eat chicken breast or lean pork or lower fat cuts of beef. I also think it works just as well to eat fattier cuts. To me primal is about eating real food...some real food just happens to be lower in fat.
    ^This
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Probiotics can cause diarrhea and gut discomfort when your body is first getting used to them

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Probiotics can cause diarrhea and gut discomfort when your body is first getting used to them
    ^ agree
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    oh boy - I didn't know you all were still hangin' with me

Canio - haven't heard from you at all? or in ages??

I'm feeling loved.

Yes - I'm backing off on the fat a bit to see if it helps. Its worth a try. I'll opt for leaner cuts of beef and go for the chicken instead of the fatty salmon.

I've tried probiotics in the past - but honestly didn't give them a good long try. Maybe 2 weeks and gave it up. The new vitamin "packs" that I'm taking have probiotics as a part of the whole so I will be taking them on a regular basis - daily for a month to see if these new vitamins really make me feel $100 worth better

Breakfast early was a protein shake with my liquid magnesium added in. Lunch is 2 fried eggs. Fried in only a tsp of butter - my norm has been a TB (HFLC - bye bye). I'm adding the whites back in since it didn't seem to really matter. YUMMY - I like to put smoked paprika and cayenne on my eggs! and just a little garam masala.

My weight was back up 2 pounds today - but the last 2 days I've done 30 minute Barre3 workouts and I'm sure it was from that. A little inflammation as I'm healing. Today I did 2 10 minute workouts - upper body/core and ski conditioning. Not that I'm a skier - but its a great lower body workout. I'm seeing some improvement - but with all the blubber it is still not enough to get me all excited!

I'm supposed to be at work in about 45 minutes and I haven't even showered yet. I left the TV on after doing Barre3 - and I never have daytime TV on - its Rachel Ray interviewing VJ's from the 80's when MTV was the NEW GREAT thing! What a waste of brain power........... I'm turning it off and heading for the shower............... don't go to mental image there, yucky!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I'm still lurking. I agree with Paula about probiotics and diarrhea. When I was taking them my diarrhea came back. I tried digestive enzymes and HCL for a while. They seemed to help and I am relatively diarrhea free without them now. I do tend to drink a small amount of kombucha with meals each day.

My experience-I can now have occasional treats like pizza once a month or so without diarrhea issues. If I dabble more frequently, it seems to cause issues for a while.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Canio - haven't heard from you at all? or in ages??

I'm feeling loved.
    You should. We love you long time...err...or something.

As for me, always lurking but not always something worth saying
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well it is nice to see that I'm cared for - and watched over

I'm back on my "high" of feeling in control and on top of things! I like this place much better than feeling lost and floundering. I'm still monitoring my weight daily - but I'm putting more stock in eating healthy and getting enough movement in my day. Barre3 has made a big difference in my muscle tone. I can really see it in my thighs (ugh, those nasty thighs!)

I wanted to share of picture of dinner last night cuz it was especially pretty on my plate!

171a.jpg

I hope that didn't turn out too small...... if so I'll try again........ OH its perfect!

recipe - one chicken breast - 2 slices of bacon - 1/2 small onion - 1/4 green pepper - and mixed veggies of your choice - I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potato. Fry the bacon, onion and pepper until crisp - remove from pan. Add cut up chicken to bacon grease, sprinkle with smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Toss until well covered with spices. Add all the veggies plus bacon mixture - cover and let cook until done to desired tenderness. Total calories ~900. It easily makes 2 meals OR one big one if your into eating one big meal a day!
    Last edited by tomi; 05-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

You can make the above recipe with whatever meat and veggie combo you want. But alter the spices accordingly. I made it with salmon, but used garlic only.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation