Page 217 of 539 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 5384

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 217

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good job on the clean eating, Tomi!

Your yardwork day makes me exhausted just reading about it.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    It made me exhausted doing all that yard work! But it is always a labor of love - because I do enjoy my yard/garden and it feels really good when I keep it looking nice.

The weekend was successful! No cheats or deviations - and no alcohol. Feelin' Good!

I think I may have hit on an eating plan that will give me the desired results. This protein shake that I got from Melaleuca is very healthy and has only a small amount of soy. It is very close in comparison to Marks Primal Fuel. And cheaper. I can make it for breakfast, then have a small bite of something (bacon) before work, after work I'll eat dinner then have another shake before bed. I did that yesterday and it worked great. I didn't go to bed hungry or wake up ravenous - and the scales were back to no bloat levels. I have been wanting to try the 5-6 small meal thing for a long time. It makes sense to keep the insulin and glucose levels even throughout the day. No spikes or falls means no fat storage - and if there is a calorie deficit then it should mean fat reduction. That's the goal.

I slept really good last night! Very sound. We were in bed and asleep by 10:30 - and I was awake and ready to get up at 6:30. That's something new --- or I should say, it has been moving towards that for a few months - but seems to be the norm now. I'm not sure I even got up to go to that bathroom......... maybe once around midnight? I drink a lot of water in the evening - I have a LOT of pills to take in the evening and it usually takes a full 12 ounces to get them all down. I don't have to worry about being dehydrated. I don't drink 64 ounces ........... probably at least 48 - sometimes more. I'm sure its enough cuz I pee a lot and I'm rarely thirsty. The new vitamins/supplements don't reduce the number of pills I take, in fact, I think I take more now, because they have it divided up between morning and evening doses. I'm taking 20 pills twice a day now. Good heavens! but if it results in feeling better then I will continue.

I have some boat shop stuff to take care of today. Work this afternoon. Hubby's bible study group is cancelled tonight - and since next week is Memorial Day I think it will be cancelled that day also. The following Monday will be their last gathering until fall. I always look forward to the end of Bible study for the summer. I just like knowing he's coming home on Mondays. I like my husbands company.

Will do Barre3 this morning.

I think the boat is coming home tonight - if hubby gets the new windshield wipers installed - then its my turn to clean!!!! Ugh! The outside will need to be pressure washed - the inside needs a super good scrub down with stuff to cut grease (new motor installed over the winter, and no clean up) It needs to be reloaded as well - we completely emptied out all kitchen/bathroom stuff - all bedding and everything. Basically we stripped it before winter. With Oregon winters being wet - wet - wet you don't want anything sitting around that is going to draw moisture and get moldy or mildew - or attract bugs. We even had a de-humidifier running all winter. That helped keep the musty smell out. We have a friend who has offered up the use of his covered in slip in Portland for the winter. He takes his boat down to Marina Del Rey for winters, so says we can use his. That's kinda cool! We might take advantage of that for a month in the fall. As you can see - my thoughts have turned to boating........... we do love being on the water. Hubby is so anxious to get it in the water and see how the new motor performs. Men..... just grown up little boys! Everything must GO FAST!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

mom update: since she's trying to cut down on the sugar (she's been eating HORRIBLE!) and lose weight - she's going through sugar withdrawals and the symptoms are freaking her out. She says her hands are tingly and she feels weak in the legs. I'm trying to help her understand how sugar metabolizes before proteins and fats - I think she sorta understands. My mom is 88 years old and has an 8th grade education. This isn't easy. She says she's fine when she wakes up and then after breakfast she starts to feel bad. How do you explain this stuff to someone who has never had a science class? She is calling me nearly every day with the same complaints - "I'm having another spell". I try to calm her down and tell her she is just going to have to endure the discomfort until her body is detoxed and no longer addicted to the sugar. Its a 30 minute drive to her house and I don't want to be running over there every time she feels shaky! Especially since I've been telling her for years that she needs to stop eating so much crap! My sister is out of town - and failed to let mom know she wouldn't be available. GRRRR! So, mom was trying to call her (5 minutes away) and couldn't get her so she called me. Then she got even more uptight because she couldn't get the call to go through. The message cut in to tell her she needed to dial a 1 - then it cut in and told her she didn't need to dial a 1 --- so she just dialed zero and asked the operator to help her call. Then the call came through my end as "unknown" ............ good thing I decided to answer it anyway. I usually ignore those calls. Most likely she dialed wrong the first time - but of course she says she dialed right and there must be something wrong with the phone lines.

I'm not liking having an aging mother. And I'm not looking forward to being an aging mother. My son is not likely to be very nurturing or attentive - its just not a part of his personality.

Anyway - I offered to come get her and have her stay with us for a few day - but she doesn't want to. She is very set in her own routines and likes her own space. I left the offer open if she should change her mind.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It almost sounds like she's hypoglycemic if she's having those symptoms. Have her eat an orange or drink a glass of 100% apple juice the next time she gets the shakes and see if that helps eleviate them. Both items are "Whole30" approved, so she won't be breaking any sugar laws by consuming them. If they symptoms pass quickly, it's likely hypoglycemia and cutting sugar will be a bad deal for her. Hypoglycemia, real true hypoglycemia (not just the shakes you get from a sugar crash like we used to get when we were dieting, but true medical hypoglycemia) is not something to play with. It can cause some major issues. The Mayo Clinic (everyone's oh so trusted hospital) says that unconsciousness, seizure and death can occur if you ignore hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia: Complications - MayoClinic.com
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    It almost sounds like she's hypoglycemic if she's having those symptoms. Have her eat an orange or drink a glass of 100% apple juice the next time she gets the shakes and see if that helps eleviate them. Both items are "Whole30" approved, so she won't be breaking any sugar laws by consuming them. If they symptoms pass quickly, it's likely hypoglycemia and cutting sugar will be a bad deal for her. Hypoglycemia, real true hypoglycemia (not just the shakes you get from a sugar crash like we used to get when we were dieting, but true medical hypoglycemia) is not something to play with. It can cause some major issues. The Mayo Clinic (everyone's oh so trusted hospital) says that unconsciousness, seizure and death can occur if you ignore hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia: Complications - MayoClinic.com
    I looked at that Mayo info. Thanks She's still eating regular meals and is still getting some sugar. Yesterday she got up and had a glass of orange juice, then a bowl of cereal. She ate again a few hours later and had a chicken sandwich and then a bowl of ice cream. Dinner was a prepackaged meal of chicken fettuccini. She also ate a can of peaches. I didn't talk to her last night but I'm sure she had more ice cream. I don't think its hypoglycemia. This is a person who over a 2 week span would consume: 3 cartons of chocolate ice cream, an entire double layer cake w/frosting, a batch of chocolate chip cookies, 2 packages of Keebler Grasshoppers cookies, and 2 bags of peppermint patties. As well as a large bottle of Simply Orange juice. Her body is just starving for sugar. You'd think eating that much and being inactive she would weight 500 pounds - but she is just 168. Chunky on her 5'1" frame, but not grossly overweight. I've instructed her to drink orange juice and eat fruit as much as she wants, and if the feelings get too bad to eat a small bowl of ice cream or a couple mints. Each time she eats the symptoms ease and then come back within an hour. Her body is so accustomed to being fed a constant supply of sugar that she is going through detox in a major way. Friday we see the doctor and I will discuss these symptoms with him. And we will get her blood work results - it wouldn't surprise me at all if she is already diabetic from the years of sugar overload. We also have to repeat her mammogram cause they say there is a cloudy area in her right breast. At 88 she is remarkably healthy on the outward appearance but I'm seeing that the inside is not so healthy after all.

My boss told me to look for the Product Activation Key for Office that came with my computer. I found it and am currently downloading Office 2010 Home and Student. I am 10 minutes away from having my Office Suite reinstalled on my computer! I'm a happy girl! The OpenOffice.Org was working - but it wasn't the same program that I was using - very similar to 2002 version, but was still slightly different. For $12.99 I could have ordered a replacement CD - but I think this time I will just do the system backup as was recommended when the computer was brand new. That will make things easier if I should have this kind of trouble again.

I'm on day 6 of my 15 day clean eating and workouts. So far so good! My weight is back down to 183 now - I hope to see a number under 180 by then of this 15 day n=1 experiment. If I can lose 3-5 pounds during each 15 day stretch I will be a very very happy girl! I'm still way far away from my goal of 140 - but each pound off is a little bit closer.

Having stomach issues this morning. Diarrhea started at 8:30, its now 10 and it hasn't eased up much. Pain in my abdomen and several trips to the bathroom. GRRRR - wish I could figure this out. I need to eat breakfast cuz my tummy is rumbling now. Time to finish my download
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hurray for Office 2010!

Great job on the eating. I am still trying to get back on track after my illness. Grrrr.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    What did you eat late yesterday and this morning, before the diarrhea started? Sounds like you'll need to keep a log to figure it out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I hadn't eaten anything before it started this morning. It started as soon as I got out of bed. It finally stopped when I took a pill. Yesterday I ate salmon and veggies for dinner - same as always. Nothing different. Its always salmon, chicken or beef. I've done the food log - and I can't find anything that consistently causes issues. I really don't think its food. I think there is something going on in my gut. I'm taking a probiotic now - hoping to see a little help from that. If I don't see anything in a month I will start adding more fiber in the form of powder you mix with water. That is the only thing I haven't tried so far. I eat TONS of veggies. Dinner every night is a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, squash (or sweet potato), onions and peppers. It might just not be enough for my system to make bulky waste. But I really don't understand why I have the pain with the diarrhea - maybe I have a spastic colon? I've never looked into that --- but if it is spastic, then WHY? There has to be a cause.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Didn't you say your gall bladder was removed? My guess is that it has something to do with that. Maybe the fat in the fish is too much without gall bladder or something equally as frustrating.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I have considered a run at eating a lower fat diet. However........... before primal I was still having this problem and I don't think I was eating near the fat that I am now. But - it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot would it? Low fat is so NOT a primal way of thinking - but we do what we must right? The thing is - if I lower the fat I've got to make up the calories with something else. So, say I don't eat bacon or egg yolks for breakfast --- what do I replace it with? Chicken? Most of my fat is eaten at breakfast. I will have to do something thinking on this............

I am feeling to need to back away from the MDA obsession for a bit. I spend so much time here.......... to the detriment of the rest of my life. So - if I don't show up for a while don't panic. I'm not abandoning my primal goals - I'm just stepping away from the computer. As much as I enjoy all the journals I'm going to be pulling away.

So.......... probably will continue my own blabbering in my own journal - please continue to visit if you so choose (I don't think there are many still visiting anyway). A handful at best.

I'll be staying healthy and continuing my quest for a smaller body to live in.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation