Page 216 of 542 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 5418

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 216

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OH - maybe I had 2007 then. I got the computer in 2010 so I just assumed it was that year. Shows you what I know! I would like to have whatever is the version I was using before Windows took a dump. I currently have XP Professional 2002. Excel in that version is pretty lame compared to the newer one.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You probably have Office 2010 then.

The Army had an employee purchase program where we could buy into the license agreement for Office Products. Before I was discharged, we got Office 2007. Then when I started at the Arsenal, we got 2010. Now, Procter & Gamble is offering us 2013. Not sure we need to upgrade to 2013, so we haven't bought in yet.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

A coworker says she might have 2007. She's gonna check with her hubby. Tasha says the latest version for windows was 2007, until this year. I'm not going to buy a whole new suite just to have the upgraded excel part. I'm sure someone I know has a copy of it I can "borrow". I saw a few on craigslist for what I think is way too much money. I'm not paying $100 for an outdated program.

I'm at work - I hate getting on the internet at work - but its VERY slow today. So thought I'd see whats happening. I can leave in a while, but there is a new patient coming in and I need to make sure they don't have any new information to add to their charts. After that I'll go and stop at the post office to mail some office stuff.

There's cheesecake in the office fridge ........ I'm ignoring it
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I haven't done my Barre3 yet. I had some pretty uncomfortable trips to the bathroom this morning - was 2 pounds lighter when all was said and done! So, todays to do list is: vaccuum, Barre3, roast veggies, go to BIL birthday party. Tomorrow morning I have to take mom for bloodwork, a DXA, and a mammogram. Then home and rest. No friday off this week. Her blood pressure is still running high. I'm sure the doc will want to put her on medication to bring it down while she's trying to lose weight. She's running at an average of 150/75. Not scarey high - but medication high. She doesn't want to go on meds - but, its that or risk a stroke. One read last night was 198/88. Thats SCARY high!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I did Barre3 before I went to the BIL birthday party - so feeling good about that.

food yesterday: 4 egg yolks w/butter, roasted veggies w/olive oil, tuna mixed with cream cheese, yogurt and sour cream, small steak, 1/2 cup potato salad, a few pork rinds and corn chips. Total calories about 1600 - so too many for weight loss, but probably a good start to getting back on track. I know I went overboard on the veggies - they totaled 400 calories cuz I had a good sized sweet potato in the mix - 275 calories just in that. I need to back off the size of the sweet potato - they can be so easy to eat in excess. Overall a good day for food. No cheats. Birthday party had lemon meringue pie and that fruit/cake mix/sprite thing that's going around facebook. Neither one looked like something I would care to try so I managed to have another little victory there.

I've been paying close attention to how people approach food. Thin people can easily pass on the desserts - while heavier people seem to have a real struggle with it. The very thin guy at work passed on the cheesecake cuz he'd had a large lunch already - while the overweight girl gladly ate a piece. My overweight niece tasted the sprite cake that her mom had made and wrinkled up her nose saying it tasted like fruit with rainbow cake mix instead of cobbler. Then she went back for 2 more large bites even though she wasn't enjoying the taste of it. When I asked her why she was eating it if it didn't taste good she said cuz she was really hungry. She has a very unhealthy relationship with food. Being very chubby before pregnancy - she started eating very healthy when she became pregnant - she actually LOST weight while pregnant and looked wonderful and healthy - glowing as they say!! As soon as she gave birth she reverted back to her old habits and very promptly gained it all back again! I think she's even heavier now. The very thin PA at the office eats like a bird - and she's a runner. The heavier people are all very sloth-like - taking the stairs one plodding step at a time - the thin people bound up the stairs without a thought!

I've just installed OpenOffice - at the suggestion of my son. He thinks I may be able to access my excel files using this........... lets see --- be right back. ................... well - downloaded successfully and it opened my file The functionality isn't exactly the same - but I have all my charts and can adapt to the changes. I've saved it under a different name so my original files are still in tact. I will still try to find a copy of Office 2007 or newer. Hubby said just go buy it - but he's not as frugal as I am! He also hates to deny me things that I want............. good thing I don't take advantage of that or we would be in deep debt!

Today............ woke up at 4 am out of a very weird dream!!! I was in a coastal town - and people were catching these enormous fish right off the shore - they were huge!! looked like 5 foot long black shark type things. The dream was almost cartoonlike. The fish were killing the people and eating them! then they started to adapt - take on humanlike characteristics. They started walking upright and developing appendages like arms and humanlike faces. Hubby and I were trying to kill one with a knife - but the knife wouldn't penetrate its tough scales. It tried to kill us with a knife but we managed to escape by becoming timid and retreating from its aggression. We never solved the issue of the man-eating fish - and I woke up very upset. I never went back to sleep. I hate those kinds of dreams! So ridiculous but they get me all upset and I can't clear the images from my mind enough to be able to relax and go back to sleep. Maybe I watch too much SciFi on the weekends!!! I've always had a very vivid and crazy dream life. In the right state I can control my dreams - or I can make myself wake up if the dream is scaring me. I also dream inside dreams. Like that movie with Leonardo DeCaprio ........ the dream layers. I will wake up - only to realize that I am still dreaming. I've had a 3 layer dream before - its very disturbing. Sometimes I will yell inside my dream "Wake up - this is just a dream - you have to wake up!"

I wonder how many others do the same thing??? Hubby thinks I'm very strange - he doesn't remember his dreams at all.

Anyway - because of that I was up very early! Already changed the sheets on the bed and have a load of wash done and ready to be put in the dryer. I'll do that and then go shower - its take mom to the doctor day, bloodwork, DXA and mammogram. Then lunch with mom and sister. Then home to finish my housework! I also need to bath the stinky dog!
    Last edited by tomi; 05-17-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have pretty vivid dreams all of the time and I almost always remember them. I don't often have a "dream within a dream", but it is so discomforting when it happens!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Forgot to congratulate you on taking the stairs two at a time!
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Hormones can affect weghtloss big time. RaeVynn had a hormone panel done and her cortisol was through the roof. No wonder she wasn't losing weight. Maybe what you are dealing with is beyond your direct control. Heaven knows I've gone through the same frustrations.
    How did miss your comments --- sorry!

Thanks for the congrats! I'm also doing some primal squats now and again! its a good position to pull weeds or edge the grass! As for the hormones - I did the cortisol test last year - mine was way out of whack! I did 6 months of high dose vitamin B (all of them) and other adrenal supporting supplements. I may try another 6 months to see if it helps anything. I'm not waking up anxious now so I know something is definitely better. When tested my cortisol was "sky high" in the morning and still not low enough be evening to allow for good sleep. I will think about getting another bottle or 2 of the vitamins - thanks for that reminder. It could be I just don't have it fixed yet.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Well I hope I can sleep deeply and soundly tonight cuz I'm completely beat! After taking mom to the doctor (sister cancelled on lunch) and having a quick lunch with mom at her apt, I came home with the intension of laying down to take a nap - but I didn't want to mess up the freshly made bed cuz I love climbing into bed with hubby on Friday nights to a freshly changed bed! So, I looked at the lawn as I was getting the mail and decided I really should get it mowed since rain is coming for the weekend. So, I picked up doggy land mines and I mowed the yard. The back needed to be bagged, but I managed to mulch the front. Then I got the weed eater and edged everything. Then I got the hoe and bucket and did some weeding. Then I cleaned up an area of spilled gravel. Then I came in the house and finished the laundry, vacuumed the entire house and bathed the dog. Then I showered and put on my jammies I'm done for the day!!! The towels from bathing Zeus are in the washer - I'll put them in the dryer and leave them there until I need to remove them - that could be days!! Zeus is happily sleeping on the window seat and I feel quite accomplished. Granted --- I still need to dust the entire house - pressure wash all the concrete outside - put the sealer on the pergola and plant all the hanging baskets (for starters). There is never lack of work to do when you have a home to care for.

I haven't done Barre3 today because quite frankly I think I got a pretty dang good workout already!! Just the squatting while gardening and while bathing the dog should be enough. Add to that carry heavy loads of wet grass to the dumpster and I think I've done my share for the day.

Tomorrow I'm going down the to boatshop with hubby to work on our boat. We still need to install the electric anchor system - then bring it home and clean it up - load it up - and then take it to the lake and launch her. Summers will be different this year with having to take Zeus with us - but it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it. Friday nights at home, outside by the firepit - Saturday nights on the boat (weather permitting). Not sure how we'll handle July 4th fireworks - I don't think we can take Zeus up for that. We might have to just go up for the evening or ask someone to look in on him.

I think there is something off balance in my diet or with all my supplements because my fingernails are becoming very brittle and thick. They break easily if I hit them just right - and they have a grainy appearance with lots of ridges. Something is wrong. I need to do some research on that.

Going to look at some other journals.......... wondering if Pebbles is done with her rock band debut yet? Her pics on facebook were wonderful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. What a day!!! I'm tired just reading that! I cleaned all day today so I didn't do a workout either. House is nice and clean and I'm loving it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gotta love a clean house - at the least for the 15 minutes it stays clean!

I'm really proud of myself - I'm on day 4 of my 15 clean eating - and I have done EXCELLENT. and no rum over the weekend either We ate out last night - no drinks or dessert. Total calories yesterday 1750. Thats a bit above maintenance for me - so I need to cut it down a bit.

We've been working on the boat all weekend - putting on new anchor lights, and a bunch of other stuff. Its almost done and needs to be taken home so we can clean it really good!!!! Hubby didn't tell me until yesterday - after I mentioned some new additions to the motor - that he actually put in a new motor. He sold the old one, plus some other surplus parts and says he came out even Men - they are so full of bull. Whatever - I trust his judgment. He says till run a lot better now, get up on plane faster and stay there at a lower RPM. He also says it will burn less fuel. It will be good for when he and the guys take it up into the Puget Sound this fall - a new reliable motor is always good when you're so far from home. Its been sitting out in the weather all winter and is in serious need of a good scrub down. Inside and out! All the dirt and grease inside made me scratch my head until I found out about the new motor going in -- then it all made sense.

I'm trying to eat light today. I had a protein shake for breakfast, then a few bites of tuna mix. Hubby is making chicken curry, I think I'll roast some veggies and just have the curry - no rice.

I'm not doing any type of work out today - just kicking back and resting.
    Last edited by tomi; 05-19-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation