Page 215 of 462 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 215

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ugh computers suck... I have Office 2010 (got it from the Army) and have the option to buy Office 2013 from Brad's employer. If I had a way to burn a copy, I'd send it to you. Not sure if my laptop will allow me to copy the disk.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    that's what I had before I lost Windows - I don't like the older version - but I will get used to it. Its the same one I use at the office.

I made a bad choice last.......... that's all I'm gonna say. I'm feeling regret today. I really need to get my head back in the game.

I can't figure out how to turn off the tap feature on my touchpad. I did it before - but now when I go into the mouse folder it only has the options to change an external mouse. I've been looking at the Dell website and it says I need to download the drivers, but I follow the directions on how to do that and it isn't working. I'm so frustrated! My cursor keeps popping all over the screen and its making me crazy!

I need to rebuild my calorie tracker since I don't have the newer version of excel anymore I can't use the one I have on file.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

SUCCESS!! I finally found the right link - put in my service tag code and downloaded the driver for the touchpad. no more spastic cursor! I'm no techie - but I'm not totally stupid about computers either.

I wonder if the office has a copy of office 2012 I could "borrow". Going to check today. I REALLY don't want to use 2002 version. Excel is so much better on the 2012 version.

My weight is slightly up again --- directly related to my bad choice I'm sure. GRRRR. I'm so mad at myself! I'm not giving this my ALL and that's why I'm not seeing the results I want. When it comes to weight loss - I have to be in 100% or I just don't see any changes. Some people can "cut back" or "cut out" certain things and they easily loss weight --- not me. I have to be 100% compliant 100% of the time.

But........... again - my focus should be on being healthy and getting stronger - and hopefully the weight loss will follow. But, I must be 100% still. Frustrating! That seems to be my buzz word lately.

I started taking some new vitamins - from Melaleuca. They claim to dissolve faster and absorb better. Other people taking them say they can feel the difference in their energy and mental clarity after about a week. I'm hoping to see that too. They also have a meal replacement that is similar to what Mark offers. Its called GC Control. I'm going to try it too. I just ordered it. The ingredients have a couple things that are questionable - but I'll just call it my 20%.

Its raining today I like the rain. The ground needs a good long drink of water - and nothing is as good as rain. My veggie garden will love it too!

Better go get ready for work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Over in Tasha's journal (namelesswonder) they are discussing the primal squat. I am so pleased with myself cuz I can DO IT!! And I can easily stand back up - I did several squats without any trouble! I am so excited about this because not 6 months ago I could not do that!

The office didn't have any copies of Office 2012 that weren't already registered - I was bummed. I will just have to suck it up and use the older version of excel. dang it!

Didn't have a lot of work to do today and spend some time thinking about my health and my lack of commitment to staying on track. I'm still trying to find exactly what works for my body to let go of the weight. I really don't think cutting calories is the answer, cuz at 1500 I should be losing at least 1/2 pound per week. I've cut way back on the rum, but haven't eliminated it. I will have it a few times a month. I think sugar is still in too much of what I eat. Cheesecake is almost primal - but contains too much sugar to be even sorta primal. Same goes for ice cream. I want to try what many of you have told me to do ---- plan a treat and only have it if I meet certain goals. I played with it - but never been successful at it. So............ today is May 15th. I'm going to give myself permission to eat whatever dessert I want on June 1st .............. but I have to eat clean and have no rum until then and I have to do Barre3 at least 12 times in the next 16 days. I think that's a good goal to have. I need to make a spreadsheet to track my progress.

If I do this successfully I will make it an ongoing thing. A treat every 15 days. Anybody want to do this with me?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Forgot to congratulate you on taking the stairs two at a time!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hormones can affect weghtloss big time. RaeVynn had a hormone panel done and her cortisol was through the roof. No wonder she wasn't losing weight. Maybe what you are dealing with is beyond your direct control. Heaven knows I've gone through the same frustrations.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I have to be 100% compliant 100% of the time.

The ingredients have a couple things that are questionable - but I'll just call it my 20%.
    Something doesn't add up here... how can you be 100% compliant and allow for a 20% deviation?

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

The office didn't have any copies of Office 2012 that weren't already registered - I was bummed. I will just have to suck it up and use the older version of excel. dang it!
    Why does that matter? As long as you have the registration code, you should be able to register another computer on the same licensing agreement. We have a registered product at home and have added multiple computers to the same license code. It doesn't hurt to try.

HA HA! I wondered if someone would catch that 100% - 20% comment. I guess its my definition of what 100% means. For me - being 100% is eating nothing with grains, legumes or refined sugars. That's my 100%. I do have commercial salad dressings maybe once a week, and I will have ketchup maybe twice a month (no hfcs - but yes sugar) -- those are my permissible deviations. They are extremely minor when taking in the big picture. What I consider NOT being 100% is allowing sugary desserts (cheesecake or cookie dough) and rum to be a common factor in my diet. My comsumption of grains is at best 1% of my overall diet. I am shooting for NO grains, refined sugars (aside from the occasional condiment) and no rum. That is my goal. The allowable dessert every 15 days is to make it easier. I'd like to get the point where I simply say "no thank you" to any and ALL non-primal food. But, I'm not there yet. Working on it yes - always working on it.

So - today is day 1 of my new plan. I have had 4 egg yolks fried in butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Yummy. Dinner tonight is bbq steaks at my BIL birthday party. I may roast up a pan of veggies before going to that.

Todays weight 186 - up a few pounds.

As for the software.............. they buy user licenses - so, they've already registered their number of purchased licenses. I guess that's how it works. I can live with 2002 excel. No big deal - its just not as cool as the newer versions.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    PrimalCon New York
    You could always check Craigslist or Amazon. Sometime people sell slightly older versions for pretty cheap. BTW, there is no Office 2012. For Windows, they went from XP, to 2003, to 2007, 2010, and now 2013. The Mac versions are even numbers.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).