Page 213 of 522 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5219

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 213

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    wow - how does that work? how can a little gizmo I'm wearing on my arm or wrist know how will I'm sleeping? That sounds crazy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Probably by movement, would be my guess.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    wow - how does that work? how can a little gizmo I'm wearing on my arm or wrist know how will I'm sleeping? That sounds crazy!
    Movement, heart rate. It knows when I'm laying down on the couch instead of sitting - even if I'm awake. Sometimes I'll lay on the couch and do a puzzle on my laptop at night. It counts that as being in bed b/c I'm laying. It's very intriguing
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

got to work and have nothing in my in-box. Dang. Biller asked me to help with some paperwork.

breakfast: 4 eggs yolks fried in butter. I know........ dairy! UGH - I forgot until right now that butter is a no-no. I'm starting to give up on this strict primal whole30. I was all into it at first - then the whole dairy thing came up and I'm really struggling. I had no idea dairy was such an intigral part of my diet. Ten days in and I'm thinking of baling.

I'm really struggling today. I'm so frustrated with the slow weight loss. I'm going to start walking again when I get home - daily walking again - with Barre3. It can't be the calories cuz I'm staying under 1500 almost everyday. It has to be not enough movement. Gotta start moving more. Walking - biking - barre3 - mowing the grass - housework - MOVEMENT! I need to keep moving!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Make ghee! It's so easy.
    How to Make Ghee | Veggie Belly | Vegetarian Recipe

Tomi, you are getting very frustrated lately! I feel like I see that word in every post of yours lately . I don't have any words of wisdom about this, but I think releasing the hold that your weight has on you will help. I know it's not an easy thing to do. You are doing so many wonderful things for yourself! You are mobile! You are not in pain! You are getting stronger! The rest will come. What impact does it have on your life right now to be overweight? Is it preventing you from doing anything? Perhaps that is too harsh.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Make ghee! It's so easy.
    How to Make Ghee | Veggie Belly | Vegetarian Recipe

Tomi, you are getting very frustrated lately! I feel like I see that word in every post of yours lately . I don't have any words of wisdom about this, but I think releasing the hold that your weight has on you will help. I know it's not an easy thing to do. You are doing so many wonderful things for yourself! You are mobile! You are not in pain! You are getting stronger! The rest will come. What impact does it have on your life right now to be overweight? Is it preventing you from doing anything? Perhaps that is too harsh.
    Agree on both counts. Maybe since weight loss isn't coming like you'd like it's time to focus on a new goal for a while - like improving strength or improving your stamina with the walking or the Barre3 workouts. I gave up on losing weight since I've been plateaued since August. Like you, nothing is allowing me to move, so instead of losing weight, I'm focusing on fitness - getting strong and improving my run distance again.

Sure, I don't look how I'd like to look, but it's not the end of the world. I can lift more than most skinny bitches anyway!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, ladies............. I am sorta in a mess right now. I do see how far I've come - when I changed my diet to a primal diet my whole world changed for the better! I guess the part that frustrates me so much is my own lack of discipline. Certain things I have NO trouble with - other things, not so easy.

I love the whole9 article and the idea of unplugging and plugging back in!!! Thanks for the link

I know part of my emotional issues have to do with not sleeping well - many factors contribute to that. I'm still fighting the night sweats, although they are not as bad now that I'm taking some supplements. I still get woke up by my husbands snoring, although the earplugs work pretty good!! I found some blobs of silicone that you just smash into your ear, and they stick there until you peel them out! the other thing is the way I feel when I eat "BAD" stuff. Last night I ate ice cream and I felt bloated and yucky most of the night (confessions of the sinful!) UGH. I don't ever get a full nights rest - and that really plays a part in the emotions and the weight loss too. I know I can't lose weight if I'm not sleeping well. And if I'm not sleeping well I'm not strong enough to resist the temptations of the foods that I LOVE (ice cream, even though it makes me feel yucky) I'm so stupid............... why would I eat something when I KNOW its going to make me feel yucky?

I'm just in a bad place right now. Jenn - I wish I could adopt your thinking about the weight loss --- I will try to re-focus. I will try to get my brain wrapped around getting stronger and gaining stamina. Okay heres my reasoning........ I've worked so hard to get to where I am now - I've learned that by not eating certain foods I can be pain and fatigue free - I've worked up to being able to walk miles or bike miles - or do strength training (body weight) and not end up in pain. I've accomplished those things - but I've not accomplished the weight loss that I wanted. I wanted to have all this weight off by this summer. I didn't do it. Thats why I'm so upset right now. I had a goal, and I didn't meet that goal. Not even close.

So............ time to re-think my goals...... thats what you're saying, right? Change my goals. Move away from the mindset of losing weight - and focus on strength and endurance. Ok. I'm gonna try. I'm gonna need you're help and support.

But the strict paleo isn't gonna be my answer. Its far to restrictive and it makes me panic. So -- no more whole30s for me. I'm unplugging and plugging back in to basic primal. I'm starting over again. Rewind 18 months to when I first started doing this. I think thats my answer..........

Eat right, but focus on my physical acheivements - not the scale. I think thats why some people say they can't believe how easy it was to lose the weight - cuz they weren't TRYING to lose weight - they were just trying to change their lifestyle.

Thanks, girls.......... I prayed for answers......... you delivered.

Please remind me daily............ to stay focused on physical acheivements and to eat right.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I had a really bad day yesterday end blew my whole 30. Today I feel a lot better, decided to start th W30 all over on monday. I've been struggling with it too, missing dairy A LOT! But I had a good talk with my DH, a good night's sleep and feel a lot better today. I hope you'll feel lots better tomorrow too!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)