Page 212 of 538 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5374

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 212

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Remember, you can't rush perfection.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, Jenn You have to remember that I'm not doing the heavy lifting that you're doing. Barre3 is very small movements of very specific muscle groups - so, very little damage. The lifting is only my own body weight. I've only had a couple days of sore muscles and that was back in the very beginning. I guess I probably do 5/7 days. I've been doing arms and legs on alternating days - but since I'm only doing 10 minutes I thought it would fine to up to double duty and see what happens. My legs are really tightening up -- now to get this FAT moving!!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Oh my goodness I'm so sleepy and its only 5 pm. I'm seriously considering going up to my room and taking a nap! What could it hurt, right??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Copied from the Whole30 thread:

So I'm thinking................ why is it we read these incredibly frustrating success stories that start with "I just can't believe how easily the weight came off - I really didn't even try!" I want to shove my fist through the computer and right down their skinny ass little throats!!! Are they serious? Obviously they didn't have an emotional connection to food in any way, shape or form! I've been at this for a FULL 18 months now --- and I've lost a grand total of 21 pounds. I hate those people who say its so freakin easy!!!! Okay........ in all truth and honesty, I think 99% of them are under 25, have no kids and have a spouse who is on board and doing all the same things. They don't have food in the house that is screaming to them to "come devour me"! and they don't have a spouse or partner leading them astray at every turn. In the perfect environment I can see that this would be absolutely a breeze - and I'm sure I'd be sitting at a comfortable 140 pounds right now given the right environment. So - I have to stop comparing myself to those twenty-something's and realize that my world is different. I have AGE fighting against me - I have a slow metabolism fighting against me - I have a husband fighting against me - I have food issues fighting against me.

This is FREAKIN HARD!!!!

My little rant for the day. I feel like having a little temper tantrum!

I need to burning more calories.......... walking, biking, bowflex, Barre3 - those are my options. I need to stop sitting on my butt reading journals for 2 hours every morning and get out there and MOVE my ass! I need to change what I'm doing because it isn't working for me. Time to make some changes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi!

Hey, have you thought about getting a fitness tracker?

I know Jenn has the BodyMedia (i think, right?) and Paula
    has that too?

I have a Bodybugg, and have had it for a LONG TIME, but recently
    became tired of it. Tired of strapping it to my arm, tired of looking
    at it, tired of my P.O.S. computer failing to load the website... tired
    of people staring at my arm and asking what it was (I tell them I'm
    on house arrest and that's my tracker).

ANYWAY, long story longer, I saved enough dog walking money to buy
    myself a little FitBit One and I LOVE IT.

It shows all the stuff and does all the stuff the Bodybugg does, but the website
    is FREE, so all you have to do is buy the FitBit (I got mine at Best Buy because
    I wanted it RIGHT NOW, but you can get them from Amazon, too).

It shows steps, how many calories you've burned, you can log your Barre3 workouts,
    you can log your food if you WANT to, totally don't have to, and the cutest thing
    is that it inspires you with "badges".

So say you walk 5000 steps, you'll get an online "badge" for that and other goals
    that you meet. You can even make your own daily/weekly goals.

Totally fun.

AND! THE BEST PART! Is that you can see the information ON THE FITBIT. All you
    have to do is press a button and you can see steps taken, your calorie burn for the day,
    what time it is, how many miles you've done and it has this little flower that "grows"
    with all the activity you do.

That's what sucked most about the bodybugg (though, the bodybugg was more comprehensive
    cuz it tracked ALL activity, you didn't have to log extra stuff) because you couldn't SEE where
    you were throughout the day until you hooked it up to the computer.

The FitBit one also tracks floors. So with all those stairs you do, they'll count!

My sister has the FitBit Zip and is VERY happy with that as well. It does NOT count
    floors, but does everything else the Fitbit One does, and is 40 dollars cheaper.

You can get a fitbit zip right now for like 50 dollars, fitbit one is 89.

Anyway, it's just nice to have a little something to motivate you (not you personally
    but "one"). And it's nice to look down and see "wow! 40 more steps until I get to
    10,000!", or whatever your goal is.

Also, on the website, you can set ALARMS to go off (it buzzes, doesn't beep) whenever
    you want to tell you to get off your butt and MOVE. Too cute!

Wow, I guess I should get a job at FitBit. HA!

Okay, sorry for clogging up your journal with my ebullience but it might be something
    you'd like to think about for extra motivation. It's fun!

Julia

oh, and p.s. the fitbit zip and One are TINY, and you can wear them on a pocket
    like a pedometer OR on your bra... even on a necklace (lanyard) around your
    neck if you want! fitbit zip is about the size of a quarter, maybe a little smaller, and
    the One is oblong, about the size of my pinky finger. I wear mine on the strap of
    my sports bra. FINALLY, a tracker that's incognito and NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT.
    Last edited by InSearchOfAbs; 05-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, my biggest complaint about the GoWearFit is that you can see the bulge on my arm under my clothes. I stop wearing it in short sleeve season.

sounds like fun - I'll look into it Thanks for all the info You can clog up my journal anytime

Still not call from the computer fix-it shop. I might have to go there on my way to work and see whats up. Maybe they haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Breakfast - 2 bacon.

I'm going to try this eating small meals through out the day and see what happens. I need to remember this at dinner time. I tend to eat my biggest meal in the evening - but I should learn to make it smaller I think.

Time to do Barre3 then get ready to go to work. I'm really in a funk today - wish I could call in sick - but its mail/deposit day and I have to be there to get that done. If I don't do my job today - the biller can't do her job tomorrow. Besides, I'm not sick - I just don't want to go to work. BLAH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Jawbone has a thing called the Up that I want. It looks like a bracelet. But is 129$. It works like the bodybugg. Both the Up and the BodyMedia devices talk to your phone so you can see where you're at with your daily goals, but its not on the device like the fitbit Julia's talking about.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

gadgets!!! theres a gadget for everything - we live in the age of GET SMART! For those of you too young to know who I'm talking about - he was a private detective and he had all kinds of gadgets - like a phone in the soul of his shoe

I'm at work - taking a break.

Did 10 minutes upper body workout this morning. I can tell by the tightness of my jeans that I am building muscle in my legs --- now, to just let go of some fat so things loosen up again. I still have 4 pair of brand new size 12s waiting to be worn. Maybe this fall............... ugh. This is taking too long. I don't have patience for weight loss. I want it GONE NOW.

I'm wondering about this new book Mark is promoting. Isn't he sorta anti-paleoifying our food? I've considered ordering it. Actually I thought about ordering the #2 option that comes with the MR but I don't want to get put on the auto ship thing. I probably won't order anything.

I think I'm going to get out my bike when I get home tonight. Hubby and I need to go to Bi-Mart so maybe I'll suggest we bike.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Jawbone has a thing called the Up that I want. It looks like a bracelet. But is 129$. It works like the bodybugg. Both the Up and the BodyMedia devices talk to your phone so you can see where you're at with your daily goals, but its not on the device like the fitbit Julia's talking about.
    I have an Up and love it. Looks like a bracelet. I've set it to buz if I don't move in 30 minutes. It also tracks my sleep and analyzes deep and light sleep amounts.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html