Page 211 of 581 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 5805

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 211

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    C Cleaner is great, but excessive and I don't recommend it to non-technically minded people. Spybot and Malwarebytes should be sufficient if you have anything infected. That being said, blue screens don't usually occur from viruses. It's more likely due to hardware failure (and the built-in diagnostics are crap, IMO) or Windows gone funky. Sometimes it's just an update that didn't go well and gummed up the works. The only way to find out is to back everything up and reinstall. If it still happens, it's hardware. Figuring out what hardware in particular is a bit more complicated.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I made it through the weekend with no rum and no ice cream!
    Yay! Good job. I bet it will be easier next weekend.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I would recommend a Google laptop!!! They're $250, and work like android phones from what I understand. They're ready to use 10 seconds after you push the power button, which is what appeals to me so much. They DO NOT run on Windows, but can use Microsoft Office Suite programs, so Quickbooks should work just fine on it. They are supposed to be more resistant to viruses b/c they don't run Windows. You would need a wireless printer, though, as there's no USB ports or anything like that on them. They're simply an operating system that works like a smartphone. You can buy them online or at Best Buy. Just "google" Chromebook. I want one SOOOO BAD!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Wait, I'm seeing on this page, that they DO have USB ports for printers and such.

Chromebooks Review 2013 | Best Chromebooks | Chromebook Laptop - TopTenREVIEWS

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    You can install anything available on the Chrome Webstore, which does not include any Microsoft products.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps

Google has its own Office-like applications that are compatible with Office applications, but you cannot install Word or Excel. It does seem that Intuit has a Quickbooks app available however.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Tasha -- I guess I'll find out this afternoon what the verdict is. I'm praying its something simple and I don't lose all my files.

Sabine - Yes - it really wasn't that difficult - I even said NO when hubby asked me if I wanted him to go to the "special store" for rum. That felt good! I know he enjoys relaxing with a drink after working long and hard, so it was hard to tell him no, but easy for me to say that I didn't want any. I feel so much better when I don't drink at all. Even once in a while is more than I want anymore. Progress! Its the small successes that propell us forward!

Even though I'm not carefully tracking everything right now, I am still keeping an eye on what I'm eating - I'm doing really good on my portions and all. I'm finding if I have a meal heavy in veggie carbs for dinner I don't get hungry the rest of the evening. Last night I made a pan of roasted veggies - with sweet potato, broc/cauli, carrots, red onion, red pepper. I have also found that the days I ate breakfast were days that I was less hungry through out the day - so my goal is to eat breakfast by 9 am everyday. I don't think my body responds well to IFing. I have been doing it nearly everyday for over a year - eat dinner at about 7 pm and then not eat again until around 11 am - thats a daily fast of 16 hours. Doing this and consuming under 1500 consistant, and I'm not seeing a weight loss. On the days that I have eaten breakfast, a small lunch and a reasonable sized dinner I have seen the scales move down. I'm going to focus on keeping my meals more frequent. I'm wondering if my body is one of those that would respond well to the 5-6 small meals instead of 2-3 larger meals. Maybe an experiment is in the works here? I'm going to eat 2 slices of bacon now (8:30 am) - 3 egg yolks before work (12:00) - a bit of pork rinds after work (5:30) and dinner, salmon, shrimp and salad (7:00 pm) or when hubby gets home. Maybe I'm one of those who need to keep a steady supply of calories so I don't drop into starvation mode. I know Mark says "grok" went probably days without eating at times - and he does the IFing - but he's also a man and probably has a 7% fat content on that ripped body of his! Thats not me - and thats not what my body needs. I've heard so many people say they do best on multiple smaller meals evenly spaced through out the day - and I've never tried that. I have always been focused on the HUNGER signal --- the hungrier I get, the more I think I'm burning my fat stores. But MAYBE I've been wrong, since I don't seem to be seeing much weight loss. The last meal replacement diet I was on was like this - I ate 4 meal replacements and a "lean and green" meal. So - I ate 5 times a day whether I was hungry or not they said it was necessary to eat those 5 meals. It was still a total of only 800 calories a day though - which might have something to do with the great weight loss success. I'm going to try to do this with 1200 - 1400 calories a day. But while I'm doing the whole30 for May I'm going to very loosely guage my calories. AND --- I've decided dairy is out if I'm going to do a true whole30. Jenn pointed out that I should remove the dairy to see if it is contributing to the IBS symptoms. I think thats a really good idea and I'm going to give it a try.

Think of all the things I will not be able to eat if dairy and sugar are both my trouble makers!!! I will be eating a very clean diet of meat of veggies - period. That makes me sad. There are many wonderfully tasting foods that contain dairy and sugars (even natural sugars!) but maybe honey would be okay once in a while.

Here are the foods I have eliminated from my diet due to causing bloating, diarrhea, intestinal pain, muscle pain, fatigue, headaches, brain fog:

chocolate, yes even dark chocolate (sugar or caffeine?)
    coffee and tea (tannins?) even herbal tea
    tomatos, (acid?)
    any dairy in liquid form and ice cream (lactose intolerance)
    grains and legumes (causes fibro flares)
    sugar (processed, natural or fake)
    fruit (acid?)

What does that leave? Meat of any kind, and veggies. So far I haven't found a veggie that causes any trouble. Technically tomato is a fruit. I'm going to have to explore coconut milk for recipes - maybe I should look at that coconut recipe book. I think it came with the downloads (its on my laptop). Time to really shake things up again after I'm done with the whole30.

If I don't see some weight loss over the next couple months I'm going to look into that Metobolic Weight Loss Center. I can eat the way I need to - but they say you have to eat foods in certain combinations when you have metabolic issues causing your body to hand on to every pound!

I have increased my carbs - in fact, as far as veggies go - I don't even really count or track anymore. when I do, just to monitor what I'm doing, my carbs range from 75-100. Maybe with my thyroid issues I should be at a higher carb rate. I don't know.......... HFLC sure wasn't working. It did the first couple weeks, then nothing.

I'm going to do Barre3 now - then maybe mow the grass before I have to get ready for work. Well - after I catch up on the journals
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You can install anything available on the Chrome Webstore, which does not include any Microsoft products.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps

Google has its own Office-like applications that are compatible with Office applications, but you cannot install Word or Excel. It does seem that Intuit has a Quickbooks app available however.
    The site I looked at said it was compatible with the Office Suite. I'll see if I can find it again.

Ok, I can't seem to find where I saw that so maybe I imagined it... and from what I'm reading now, they seem to require a constant internet connection since they don't have installed programs and instead store everything on a cloud. So that won't work for you... But I think it would work well for me still... I just wish Brad would let me buy one. When I mention wanting a new laptop, he tells me to use his and that we don't need two laptops... i disagree - especially since Brady is constantly watching videos on youtube. Crazy kid.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Barre3 workout - 10 minute lower body! My legs are shaking! I LOVE Barre3!

And I'm happy to report - I am taking the stairs 2 at a time! Not totally unassisted by the handrail - but still! Its progress! My legs are getting so much stronger and I'm losing that sag over the knee that older women get when they carry too much weight! I don't think I'll ever lose the cellulite, but if I keep this up I think I will see some real improvement in my legs and butt.

I'm going to try to doing 2 sets of Barre3 a day - I mentioned this once before - but never got started with it. If I do legs in the morning and arms after work I think that should be a good mix. I'm still using the bowflex too. Not daily - but a few times a week. I'm going to try to put heavier weights on it and just do a few reps to work on strength.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just don't overdo it. I'd hate for you to fatigue yourself. And remember you have to allow your muscles to rest. So, if you do legs today, do NOT do legs tomorrow. Muscle fibers tear when you work them, and strength comes from the repairing of those tears. If you don't allow them time to repair, you'll end up hurting yourself. Not to mention, you don't want that fibro to flare up from too much activity. If anything, I'd recommend doing 15 minutes of whatever body part you're working instead of doing both legs and arms in one day - especially if you aren't willing to take a day off between.