Page 209 of 518 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5173

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 209

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn - what a great idea for water conservation - and not having to pay for it! You're water table must be VERY shallow if you need to pump it out from under your house! What would sorta freak me out!

As for the well --- hubby and I were talking about it last night and I dawned on me that the trouble could be from sediment in the well. Not having been used in over 20 years it likely was not clear running water. So, between songs on American Idol we went out to check - and sure enough - both sprinklers and hoses were filled with sediment! We removed the sprinklers and let both hoses run freely for a while - we got clear water, then mucky water again, and then it cleared up again. I'm going out in a bit to run it again and see it runs clear. Hubby is calling the well people to ask what they think about it. Hopefully we can clear it out and all will be "well" Ahaha I made a funny!

Its not even 8 am yet and I've already vacuumed, got the dog blankets washing, washed 5 big windows ................ and took all the clean laundry to our bedroom! I think its going to be a productive day! I plan to get all the floors cleaned, all the windows cleaned and do some yard work. Oh, and I need to do the books for the boatshop too. Pay bills and make a deposit for both home and business. Better not spend too much time on the computer today.

Whole30 is going well for me (besides the dairy goof up). My hardest time in the evenings while relaxing with hubby - I get the cravings for treats. We have ice cream in the freezer that hubby bought over a week ago and it still hasn't been opened. I call that a victory! I'm feeling a bit lighter - but then I'm never very accurate about that sort of thing. I will think I've lost weight - and then the scales tell me I've gained a couple pounds. So I'm not going to think too much about it. Just follow the whole30 plan and try to get in LOTS of movement!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, when we built our house, we went with 9 foot basement walls. The intent was to sink the basement 7 feet, with 2 foot of basement showing below the house. They hit the water table at 5 foot depth and had to stop digging. If we were smart we would have made our basement a walk-out, but instead, we had dumptruck after dumptruck load of dirt brought in by the county from an excavation job they did to build up the yard around the house to hide the basement walls. This was a TON of work b/c the soil they brought in was left over from digging out the ditches around some major roads, so the soil was very rocky. Had to rake the rocks out before we could seed the dirt and start our lawn. We ended up putting in farm tile around the base of the basement walls to channel the water, which dumps directly into our sump pit. Supposedly, the geologist that was consulted said over a period of years the water table will adjust and drop as a result of our constantly pumping it off and our sump pump will get a break... we've been here 5 years and our sump runs even in dry conditions. Last year we had a drought and that thing ran daily! We're on our 3rd sump pump if that tells you how often it runs. lol We got "mechanical failure" insurance on our appliances to cover any possible flood damage that occurs as a result of a failed sump pump, since two have failed and our basement has flooded as a result. Pumping that water into rain barrels will provide me with plenty of fresh, clean ground water for the garden.

I have successfully NOT used my scale since starting the Whole30 5 days ago. I got my starting weight and walked away. I haven't noticed any difference in how I feel yet - just feel less bloated.

I wish I was at home so I could be as productive as you!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope the sediment clear-up is a simple matter. Sounds like it would be much less hassle, just a bit of work to clear things out.

L-Glutamine is an amino acid that's good for muscle recovery (good for you while you're adding in these workouts!) and helps with sugar cravings. As a powder in water, it tastes kind of salty (a bit of lemon would probably make it taste better), but isn't terrible. You can also get it in capsules too, but I don't know how high the doses go. It's also good for gut health, though I've mostly just heard that around the "paleosphere", not seen any studies or anything like that. One teaspoon of the powder from Vitacost is 4,800 mg and I take two a day with apple cider vinegar. I know adding supplements can be a pain, but it's just something to consider if the sugar cravings get crazy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

Whole30 is going well for me (besides the dairy goof up). My hardest time in the evenings while relaxing with hubby - I get the cravings for treats. We have ice cream in the freezer that hubby bought over a week ago and it still hasn't been opened. I call that a victory! I'm feeling a bit lighter - but then I'm never very accurate about that sort of thing. I will think I've lost weight - and then the scales tell me I've gained a couple pounds. So I'm not going to think too much about it. Just follow the whole30 plan and try to get in LOTS of movement!
    You can also cure your craving for sweets with fruit. I take an apple, chop it into pieces add a bit of water and a ton of cinnamon. then I nuke it for 5 minutes. Very tasty and cures my cravings. I haven't had any cravings for sweets since Tuesday.

This database error crap is starting to get really annoying...

I was trying to edit my post to say that last night I didn't have any desires for anything sweet, and I think it's b/c I'd had fruit earlier in the day.

This database error crap is starting to get really annoying...

I was trying to edit my post to say that last night I didn't have any desires for anything sweet, and I think it's b/c I'd had fruit earlier in the day.

I might try adding the L-glutamine. I already take magnesium in liquid form that I mix in a small glass of water, so I guess I could add it to that and make a "cocktail". The magnesium has a minty flavor so that might offset the saltiness. Thanks for the heads up.

I got my order from Melaleuca. There are some food products that I won't be eating cuz they are basically grains with soy and dairy. I got the women's vitamins that have lots of extra stuff - its called Vitality 6. It has probiotics in it - but I have to questions those cuz my doc told me to only get the probiotics that you keep in the fridge. I might use up the vitamins I have on hand before starting these. Here's what they have:

24 Essential Vitamins and minerals
    Calcium from 4 different sources
    Antioxidants
    Probiotics
    Phytosterols, Omega3, CoQ10, and alpha lipoic acid
    ProvexCV - for blood pressure, cholesterol and platelet formation - contains grape skin, resveratrol, quercetin, green tea, and bromelain.

??? maybe it will help.

If I don't notice any difference after a month of taking them I will probably not continue cuz they cost $100 for a months supply. It will be another $100 for hubby's man vitamins. OUCH.

The well guy just came to check out the well and he says let the thing run for a few hours to clear out the sediment. Since the well is so old it probably just needs a good clearing out. So far its been running for about 30 minutes and the water is running clear Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Not sure if you read It Starts with Food or not, but calcium supplements are a bad idea. The calcium sometimes gets into your bones, but does not create the "mesh" that is needed to make them strong, and any calcium not absorbed by your bones (due to other salt imbalances or whatever) get deposited in the arteries and can cause heart attack. Be wary of taking any calcium supplement.

Glad the water is working again.

From the Whole9Life website regarding calcium:

Too much calcium increases the risk of developing dangerously high levels of calcium in the blood, which can result in impairment of kidney function, kidney stones, high blood pressure, and may increase your risk of heart disease and heart attack. Furthermore, recent studies suggest that taking calcium supplements actually increases the risk of “cardiovascular events” (translation: risk of heart attack).

What About Calcium? | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

I have cut back on my calcium - but what I'm confused by is the amount? What is TOO much! I don't get any by way of dairy - and the only other source is dark leafy veggies. Not sure if I eat enough to get enough. About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Osteopenia via a hip DEXA scan. One day at work I sneezed and broke a rib, confirmed by way of CX! I started taking 1000 mg of calcium at that point and the next DEXA showed enough improvement to put me back into the normal range. I'm afraid NOT to take it cuz I've seen the results in patients who come to the clinic so stooped over they can't even look you in the eye. Its aweful! I will do some research about it............... thanks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: