Page 208 of 611 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6105

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 208

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The first 2 days of Whole30 have gone well. But then, its not the weekend is it? My challenge will come Friday about 4:00 when I start anticipating hubby coming home from work and what the weekend will hold for us.

I slept pretty good last night. Only up ONE TIME to use the potty! I could have gotten up once more but forced myself to stay in bed. I need to retrain my bladder to make it through the night without having to get up 3 times! I was up at 7 am - so slept a good 8 hours with once up and a few slight wake ups to move or pull the covers tighter. It was cold last night with the windows open.

Night sweats are better when I remember to take the supplements 3 times a day. MUST remember to do that. I don't seem to have day hot flashes anymore. They start around 9 pm. But nothing as fierce as they used to be - just a slight warming and a little perspiration. Even the night sweats have eased up - no more soaked sheets! Maybe this period of life is passing Or, maybe its just the supplements. I will keep taking them for about 6 months, then try a break and see what happens. I ordered 2 bottles of Change of Life because they were 1/2 off. Better to have all of what I take in one bottle, rather than 3.

My paycheck should be pretty good this month and am looking forward to putting a great deal extra on the mortgage. I'm having so much fun watching the principle drop enormous amounts every month! Its so much better than seeing $200 go to principle and $900 go to interest! UGH! This month I will pay $2651 - and just over $1800 goes to PRINCIPLE. The rest taxes and interest. Gotta love it!

We did spend some extra money this month though - the Melaleuca order and the soil for the veggie garden. So I will have to dip into the reserves to cover the credit card bill. Need to look at the bank balance.

Better get moving............ things to do! I need do Barre3 - do some housework and mow the yard. Work this afternoon. Have to figure out what I'm cooking for dinner too. I have a chicken thawing - but I don't think it will be ready to roast tonight. Maybe I'll throw together a meatloaf for tonight.
    Last edited by tomi; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Workout - Barre3 10 minute Ski Conditioning. good for arms, legs and core! Had to drop the weights but made it most of the way through. My balance is improving doing these workouts.

Points to Marcadav for pointing me in the direction of this great AT HOME workout! I love it! I can choose length of workout and body part I want to focus on. I try to rotate through all the different parts so I get a good balance.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

My legs are getting stronger - I can make it up the stairs at work without using the handrail now! Its a LONG staircase.

Food today: 3 oz ground pork, fried. tuna/cream cheese mix. 4 oz ground beef. 1 cup mashed butternut squash w/butter.

I'm craving chocolate!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I like to use the stairs up to my office as a measure for strength too . It's 3 flights, which really isn't that much, but it used to wind me! I can feel how much I worked my legs and butt bicycling yesterday, oof.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    When you need a challenge on that staircase, start taking the stairs two at a time. Best butt exercise EVER!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I think I have a long ways to go before trying the stairs 2 at a time! But my legs are definitely getting stronger and I will certainly share that triumph when it occurs! I'm up and down the stairs multiple times during my 4 hours at work - on average, 4 times.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm happy to see that my weight is starting to come down again. I've dropped 2 pounds in just a few days.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Now it's time to stay off the scale, now that you know it's working
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Keep me honest, Tasha! I have my baseline - so I know where my starting point is. I'll take the battery out of the scale again - maybe even ask hubby to hide it for me! I need to break that bond between me and the number that pops up on the scale every day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, something was up with the database thingy today and I kept getting an error message while trying to access the journals. I'm glad its fixed. I am a bit to addicted to this site.

Okay - as I confessed on the whole30 thread........... I forgot dairy was not allowed on whole30 and for the first 2 days I had tuna mixed in a combo of cream cheese, sour cream and yogurt. I wanted to start over since I messed up - but Jenn told me I should just keep going. So I decided to just step back one day - making May 1 my Day 1. Works for me. Today - so far so good!

I'm skipping Barre3 today. Its my early day at work, so I was at the office from 8 - 11:30, then came home and made a meatloaf for tonight and prepared a whole chicken to roast tomorrow. Then I went outside: picked up doggy do-do, mowed the lawn (45 minutes), then tried to set up the sprinklers with the new well pump system. I'm pooped out - so not doing the workout today.

Disappointment followed the maiden voyage of the new well pump. First off - after hubby wired it all up, it wouldn't work. So the company who installed it came this morning and installed a new power control box while I was at work. After mowing the grass - I hooked up the Y valve, screwed on 2 hoses, got out 2 sprinklers, plugged it in and WAALAA WATER! for about 5 minutes............ then the pressure started to decrease to the point that the sprinklers weren't doing anything but peeing out a small stream of water. I turned it off for about 30 minutes, tried again, and still only a small amount of water - not even enough to make the sprinkler move back and forth. I called hubby - he's going to call the company again. It can only be one of two things........... the pump isn't working property or our well has VERY LITTLE water in it!!!!! Which could hardly be the case because we live about 100 yards from the Willamette River - and the well is plenty deep! It has to be the pump. If they pull it - replace it, and the same thing happens then it has to be the well itself. Which will REALLY suck because we've spent a LOT of money to get this well to work for us. So, I'm feeling a bit anxious about it all. I just don't see how we could have a bad well -- not this close to the river. It has to be the pump itself.

Ugh - its always something.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Ugh - its always something.
    I came to this conclusion the other day as well when I went from one "drama" to the other in my journal this week... we get one problem solved and another crops up right away... why? Why can't we just have some problem free days? lol

I hope the well thing works itself out and it's not indeed 'dry'. I'm thinking Brad and I won't have issues getting water from the ground at our house since the house literally floats on the water table. As long as our sump pump is pumping water, I'll have water for watering the garden (we're going to collect the sump pump water (and the water that runs off the house when it rains) in rain barrels so I can water the garden this year. Super excited.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)