Page 207 of 588 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 5877

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 207

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    dang dang dang................. why do I have love cookie dough so much?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    5 pounds of fat is the size of three grapefruit. 5 pounds of muscle is the size of three tangerines.

All the more reason not to believe the scale. It lies.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Good point! thanks for that reminder.

I'm needing to get refocused again. Funny how easily I stray off the path. Nothing blatant like eating a loaf of Wonder Bread filled with bologna and mayo - just little things like cookie dough and rum . Seems like I start the week all fierce and ready to take on anything - and by Friday I'm dragging my feet and wanting to just relax over the weekend. So - the weekend is my struggle. I will need to approach this coming weekend with that in mind. My tough resolve seems to have a lifespan of about 4 days - I usually do really good Monday - Thursday and by Friday I'm wanting a "treat". But that treating mentality lasts for the entire weekend. I end up with 4 good days - 3 bad days. Might it have something to do with relaxing with my husband?

Maybe I should attempt a whole30? Tomorrow is May 1st - what a better time to dig in my heels and say "I will conquer!!" I need to prove to myself that I can EAT CLEAN for an extended period of time. I have to give this some thought. I'm still not going to track or go crazy over anything. But I have to do something to get out of this pattern of relaxing on the weekends. I never eat bad meals - its just the treats - you know, the goodies and the rum. and the rum leads to more goodies. I'm hopeless.

On top of it all - I have had diarrhea for the past 2 days .............. you think it could have something to do with the sugar/oatmeal/rice flour/milk chocolate chips in the cookie dough? Duh.......... I need to find a go-to treat that is primal friendly that my hubby will enjoy too. He always wants cookies.

Well - I baked up the rest of the dough - and for some reason I am much less likely to eat a cookie than I am to eat raw cookie dough. I think its a mouth feel thing. Maybe I can find cookie that hubby likes, but I don't. Like those jelly filled things - yuck. I don't know - I hate cooking things for him that are bad too. GRRRRR............ now I'm mad again because he won't get on board and eat primally with me. I don't want to blame him for my bad choices........ but it would be so much easier to do this if I didn't have his influence pulling me. Maybe I should do the Whole30 just to get back on the right path. When I first started this WOE I was VERY strict. I can do it again. He can eat whatever he wants - doesn't mean I have to follow. And I don't have to bake cookies just cuz he wants them.

My gutt will appreciate it if I don't eat things that make it sick. I wonder if there is a Whole 30 thread for May started? I'll check. I think I have myself talked into this.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you try for a Whole 7 and then keep adding weeks as you are successful?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've been in your shoes, Tomi... I've played the cycle of having a great week (rock star stellar) and letting all the rules go on the weekends - prior to Primal that's how I lived. I'd eat right on plan during the week and binge on the weekends. Primal is what broke that cycle for me. Hopefully the whole30 can break that cycle for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

workout - Barre3 Sculpted Legs. Holy cow! ouch................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the W30 suggestion. Right now, I am doing a "permissive eating " program which includes dairy and stevia. I think that I need to stick with that for a while. Not into thethe right mental state. I will be here cheering you on from the sidelines.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, you mentioned that walking did nothing for you. I disagree. It exercised your heart muscle, strengthened your bones, increased your lung capacity......don't give it up entirely.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ya - I didn't think about those things. I won't give it up completely - thanks for the reminder of the good that came from it. I'm so danged focused on losing weight that sometimes that's ALL I see!

Today - 5 slices of bacon, 1 egg, some tuna, pork rinds, a pork chop and roasted veggies. I think I might be a bit high on overall calories - but I'm not sweatin' that right now. I'm just focusing on not eating grains or sugar.

Exercise - Barre3 Scultped Legs. KILLER!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation