Page 206 of 519 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5184

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 206

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The thing about "change o life" is that I added it as a part of a bigger plan based on Julia Ross' "Diet Cure". I am not taking it to increase libido. I also added several recommended amino acids. They did make a big change, but probably in combination with finding the right program for me (LCHF).

The libido thing is interesting. I think that we are very different in this way. Long ago I learned that for my husband physical love is a very big part of feeling loved by me. So I make sure we have sex often whether I "feel like it" or not. Sometimes I'm hot for him, sometimes I just want to snuggle, but I provide for his needs. In the same way, he knows that if he hurts me emotionally, he isn't getting any so don't even ask. I need to feel the love in order to want sex, so to speak. As long as we are at peace, I am good to go and it is always fun even when my body won't cooperate. (It seems as if the more we do it, however, the more my body cooperates.)
    Joyce Meyer, the christian preacher, has the best take on this. She had come from a world of childhood sexual abuse, but she realized that her husband needed sex. So for a long time she just lovingly went through the motions until eventually her emotional scars healed enough that she could enjoy sex as it is meant to be enjoyed.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My problem is strictly menopausal - the lower hormone levels have pretty much killed my libido. In my pre-menopausal years I was a 3-4 times a week girl! And my husband was a very happy man! When my periods stopped - the fire was gone. I'm just trying to find something that will help. The Change of Life will hopefully help that - but I'm wanting it more for the other benefits.

At the Melaleuca meeting last night the guy said they have 2 products that I should be taking - one claims to straighten out my gutt issues, the other is supposed to help with the menopausal stuff. I'm looking forward to trying those.

Joyce Meyer is an amazing speaker isn't she? I should listen to more from her.

I so should be outside working in the yard before I go to my moms -- but I so don't have any energy today - thanks to the rum last night. But I slept like a ROCK!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Tomi, I would be very skeptical of any products they are selling for you to try (the supplements). Make sure you know the ingredients!

P, I have a similar relationship with Hulky. Physical intimacy is very important to him, not as much to me. Sometimes I'm "on", sometimes I'm not, but I always enjoy myself if he wants to initiate.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Very productive weekend! Lots done in the yard!!! The raised bed is sealed and ready for soil. We layed weed cloth and covered it with crushed rock - and poured a new short walkway from the garden to the yard. I got everything mowed and we did some weeding.

I'm worried about my son.............. his renters appear to have questionable boyfriends. So far he's missing a $300 reciprocal saw, and a nice crow bar. He's threatening to kick out everyone in the house if his stuff isn't returned by Friday. I'm worried about him. I can't sleep. Mad at hubby cuz I'm telling him I'm worried and can't sleep - as he's nodding off to snore-land. GRRR. Where's my love and support when I need it?

Food --- not the best. Meals have been spot on............. but I made hubbies favorite cookie dough. I used almond flour and brown rice flour - but it still has white and brown sugar in it. Been nibbling more than I should.

Not sure what weight is doing since I don't have my scale. Feeling worried. Clothes fitting ok. But I'd like to see them getting loser............ another GRRRR!

We signed up for the Melaleuca thing. The products are legit - very "natural". The vitamins are good quality - I have checked out the ingredients and they seem to be of good quality. If I find I don't like it - I can cancel and get my membership fee back within 4 months. I can also return ANY product with a full refund even I use it all up and then decide I didn't like it. There really is no risk.

Found out hubbies nephew's wife is prego with twins! How fun it that!!???

I'm so tired - worked HARD this weekend and I need to go to bed. Need to just put in my earplugs and turn off my brain.

Night.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the run-in with son's roommates. Has he filed a police report? Chances are if one of the boyfriends stole a saw, he's not going to get it back. If he files a report and it's ever found, the police will know it's his and he'll get it back then, but also by filing a police report, he can file an insurance claim against it. Probably won't benefit him much b/c I'm sure his deductible is higher than $300... best course of action is to lock everything up and trust no one.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Slept pretty decent once I finally put my worry away and fell asleep. I can't do anything for my son except try to offer advice when he talks to me about whats happening. He'll figure it out. I warned him these things would happen, but he chose to ignore my advice about locking up his tools and getting background checks on who was moving into his home. He always has to do it his way. Whatever.............

I'm feeling thinner today. No bloat really and I think all the inflammation in my muscles has eased up. I feel smaller. I'm ditching all the tracking and charting of everything! It isn't helping me - and I think its really just adding stress cuz I have certain goals, and they are always lofty ones! If I don't meet those goals 100% I get down on myself. I'm going to eat as best as possible, I'm not going to weigh or measure anything. Protein portions should be about the size of the palm - that measure is enough. I'm not going to think about limiting carbs cuz that didn't seem to do my any good either. I'll eat healthy and listen to what my body needs. I will still eat primally. Thinking about trying to do a whole30 - but probably not. I don't know what I weigh, since the scale has no battery in it but I'm starting to get very curious. I did step on the scale at my moms house on Friday. fully clothed with shoes it said I weighed 186 - so I estimate maybe 183 nekid. I can't believe I haven't weighed myself for an entire week! That's impressive for me. The scale has always been an obsession for me. So, this is progress. Ditching the scale, ditching the tracking and focusing on just plain, clean, simple eating healthy. I hope this is my answer. We did have rum over the weekend - hard work always ends in rum - its very relaxing.

Barre3 is my go-to workout now. The walking was nice, but after a year and 300 miles I didn't see much in the way of tone or weight loss. Why spend 50 minutes a day doing something that isn't doing more than wearing out the soles of my shoes???

Hubby is working on getting the boat ready to put in the Lake. I'm looking forward to weekends on the lake. I'm hoping we will alternate going to the lake with staying home, cuz I also am looking forward to evenings by the firepit and having friends over for BBQ. The lake is supposed to open this weekend - but he says the boat won't be ready.

Better get some things done - I've been neglecting things all weekend and the house is looking a bit sad.
    Last edited by tomi; 04-29-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm noticing a few people are dropping off the grid. Haven't heard a peep from Judg since December - and Kymma has been silent for the past month as well.

What's the deal? I think sometimes about taking a break from it all but I think I would leave a note in my journal saying I'll be gone for a bit. I wonder how many people have come and gone over the years. Do they eventually delete the entire journal if it stays dormant for a certain time period?

My stomach is messed up this morning. I've spent enough time in the bathroom to know that there can't possibly be anything left in my intestines. I guess the Armour hasn't completely fixed my problems. There is a probiotic formula that I'm going to try - it will be coming in my first bunch of products from Melaleuca. The guy swears it will fix my "ibs" symptoms. We'll see...........

I got extremely curious about my weight and put the battery back in the scale. Lets just say I wasn't pleased with the number and leave it at that. And so the struggle continues. Stick with the plan - something has to work eventually.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I mad at myself for giving in to the curiosity - but at least I know where I'm at. Basically still holding on to the 5 pound gain from when I started Barre3. I really feel smaller though - so maybe its muscle gain and fat loss. Time will tell.

My gut is really messed up today. Why? Aside from the nibbling on cookie dough I ate really good all weekend. Today, pain, diarrhea, and now after eating bacon I'm feeling some nausea. Need to go to work now - great. 2 days left in this pay period - every hour counts.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, fully clothed with shoes you are looking a 5 to 7 pounds, depending on how heavy a shoe and pant you were wearing.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

this morning I was wearing my under armor pants and light knit top. Maybe a pound or 1.5 pounds??? Sucks - but it is what it is. I know I'm gaining muscles and firmness so that counts for something. And my pants still fit the same so I know its not fat gain.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: