Page 205 of 610 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 205

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the win!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Work was good - 4 hours. My paycheck should be pretty good this month and I'm planning on putting an extra $900 on the mortgage. We are buying a boat from an estate sale for $1000 and hubby says with some clean up and a little cash we can sell it for around $5000 - that profit will be going on the mortgage as well. If we sell the 5th wheel that will be another $14,000 on the mortgage. We will be sitting pretty! If my retirement is going to happen in tandem with my bosses I have to stay squarely focused on paying off that debt. With a 2.75% interest rate it pays off pretty quickly anyway - but with the extra payments it will pay off in 8 years instead of 15. I'm so excited about the prospect of having NO mortgage. It reduces our tax deduction but I really don't care. With the lower interest rate we won't have much of a deduction anymore anyway - it was around $9000, so it will now be only about $4000 with the 2.75%. I'm just excited to think we'll have so much extra cash!

Anyway --- that's boring stuff for you to read.............

I've been looking over my calorie tracking and doing some tweaking here and there. If Mark says we should be eating .5 grams (for a person who doesn't do a LOT of exercising) of protein per pound of lean body weight, I should be eating 57.5 grams of protein. That's estimating my lean body weight at 115 pounds. So, if that's the case, I'm probably eating too much protein. I've been averaging around 70-75 grams per day. So, I need to reduce my portions of meat. I'm trying to remember a meat portion should be the size of my palm - not my entire hand!

I've read in a couple places that people don't measure their veggies at all - they just eat as much as they want - but try to limit the more starchy veggies (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, etc.) With summer coming I will be craving more salads so I will try to focus on eating lots of greens, cucumbers, radishes, onions, celery, and add in the other things in moderation. I will eat broc and cauliflower roasted or steamed since I have thyroid issues. I don't think my problem is eating too many veggies - I think I'm eating too much protein. So, back to the EAT MORE FAT mentality. Not that I ever strayed from it - but I'm thinking I've been focusing LESS on getting enough healthy fats. Downplay the protein - and make the healthy fats the center of attention.

Weight Watchers - although totally CW - really does have a good program. People are very successful if they follow the rules. WW does not count veggies - they are a freebie! Eat all you want. But not sure what they say about the starchy ones. Course all my fav's are the starchy ones. Go figure!

But I think I might start paying less attention to the amount of veggies I'm eating and more to fat and protein. Make sense? I mean - who really gained weight eating excessive veggies? NO ONE!

And what do you think about juicing? I'm intrigued by it - but don't want to spend the money on an expensive machine. Not sure my blender could do the job properly - and it definitely wouldn't spit out some of the pulp/fiber. Mark says eat the whole veggie/fruit rather than juice it - yet he talks about having a shake almost daily. ???? I'm confused. Maybe he uses his protein shake stuff?

Anyway............. I'm gonna put a sealer on the garden bed now - have a great day all! Its a beautiful day in the Willamette Valley!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Mark uses a protein shake - his own product. Juicing breaks the bond between the fiber and the fructose. Remember that in "The Bitter Truth about Sugar"? He highly recommended NOT juicing b/c that frees up the fructose (found in both veggies and fruits) to run rampant in your body and if it's still bound by fiber, it does less damage - or something along those lines. I just remember he said juicing = bad.

Weight watchers charges points for potatoes, peas and corn - all starchy veggies. I think carrots also had a points value. I did ww for a few weeks - only lost 12 lbs.

I don't find the money stuff boring - hell, look at my journal. It's ALL about money. I was a bit envious of your interest rate, then I remembered you did a 15 year instead of a 30 year. We have 3.75 for 30 years. If things go according to plan (or close to plan) we won't pay anywhere near that much b/c we'll pay it off early too. My concern with paying off the mortgage is taxes and insurance and remembering to keep putting money aside for it each year.

GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got a call that our mortgage is ready for closing!!! YAY!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm so happy to hear you went through with the refi to get the smaller interest rate! I don't know why anyone would choose NOT to take advantage of these lower rates. With the exception of people like my sister - she is already 12 years into her 30 year mortgage, so even dropping 3 points wouldn't benefit her since she's already paid the heavy end of the interest payments. But if she adds just $100 a month to her payment she will pay off 5 years sooner. Amazing how that works.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As for WWs ............... I haven't done it since they changed to the point system. Aside from CW I think its the best program out there.

OKAY............. here's a question............. what about hypnosis for weight loss? I know a guy who does hypnosis for many issues and is quite successful. The cost is minimal - about $250 total. I'm considering it. Primal with the aid of a little subconscious tweaking............ could it hurt?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    What Jenn said about juicing.

I personally have an aversion to hypnosis. Not sure why. It just feels dangerous to play with the subconscious mind.

Ya - I agree on the juicing. I was thinking more in terms of veggies - but probably wouldn't taste so good - and the real thing is always better.

I probably won't do the hypnosis for the simple reason of having to pay for it. If I had a huge weight issue I might think harder on it - but seriously 45 pounds is doable on my own. (so why the heck haven't I done it!??)

I'm wasting a little time before going to pick up the hubby - we're going to a meeting about Melaleuca. I think it started as one of those "drink this and find the fountain of youth and lose every ounce of fat on your body" things. Now they have vitamins and cleaning supplies that are supposed to be better for the environment. Think Shaklee for those of you old enough. (side note: a guy I went to high school with started into the Shaklee business right after high school - and now he's a millionaire! :/ ) Our friends bought into this thing - its a multi-level marketing thing. They say the products are wonderful - and the vitamins and stuff are reasonably priced for the quality. I'm only going cuz this is hubby's best friend and he wants to support him. I'm not sure if I will fall for the spiel or not. I don't think we will buy in, unless they are still offering the buy in for only $1. If its one of those ...... you have to buy X amount of products a month - I'm out.

I'll let you know what its all about tomorrow. gotta run!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hypnosis might be helpful for overeating or binging, but I don't see how it would help otherwise. It still looks like you're looking for quick solutions.

Juicing gives you a nice tall glass of fruit sugar. A totally reasonable and delicious treat sometimes, I think, but not a great way to rely on nutrients.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Yes I'm still looking for a quick fix. I'm so damn tired of being fat! And then I read the Friday success stories and there seems to always be the same theme "THE WEIGHT JUST SORTA FELL OFF" ............... well, then I'm obviously doing something WRONG cuz the weight is not falling off me! The thing is ---- these people don't do 80/20 - they do 100%. That's the ONLY way this weight is going to come off!

Anyway............ I had another WIN last night. We went to that meeting for Melaleuca stuff and after the BBQ hamburgers (I ate mine sans bun with a spinach salad on the side, and just a touch of ranch dressing) our friend brings out the CAKE BALLS his wife is famous for. I reminded hubby that we agreed to ONLY have dessert on the weekend.......... and only ONE dessert a week. He ate 3 cake balls........... I passed the plate and watched as everyone else at the table (8 people) ate the cake balls. I felt really good staying strong and not caving to the temptation. Then I told hubby that since he ate his ONE dessert for the week I will NOT be making his favorite cookies this weekend. He wasn't happy about that. But I'm gonna stick to my agreement - even if he doesn't. I might even skip my one dessert too.

And, I had rum and coke last night ............. so that's my one splurge for the week. Hubby wants some for the weekend - but I'm going to "forget" to buy it.

I skipped my Barre3 workout yesterday - opted for yard work instead. But I'm going to do it as soon as I finish this. I'm all dressed and ready to go!

The meeting about the melaleuca was good, but it ended up being one of those "hard sell" things. I HATE that! I think its a good product, but I'm skeptical. Hubby wants to try it. There is a $29 membership buy-in - and then you have to buy $60 worth of product every month to maintain your membership. Then of course you can be a "director" and try to recruit others, thereby getting a pay-off from they purchases........ you know its MLM company. But aside from that I do think its a good product. The cleaning products are pretty natural and seem to work really good. The health and beauty stuff looks good and is reasonably priced. Its all based on Tea Tree Oil. That's what MELALEUCA means. I started a threat on Odds and Ends asking for opinions on the product.

The benefits of taking Dong Quai seem to have disappeared. I had a couple good bursts of libido - and then flat-lined again. UGH. Maybe I just need to accept that its gone. Hot flashes are 90% gone. I rarely have then during the day now - but I will have a few late in the evening and during the night - although the severity is not nearly what it was prior to starting the Evening Primrose and Black Cohosh. I ordered a couple bottles of Change of Life cuz it was one sale and Pebbles says it doing wonders for her. Maybe it will help me.

okay - a couple more journals to check and then I have to get moving. Its mom-day and I'm going over this afternoon to take her shopping, do her bills and then we are having dinner with 2 of my sisters. I'm trying to decide if I want to fast until dinner........ I'm thinking no. Its 10:30 and I haven't eaten yet....... not hungry at all so I'm not going to eat.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i wanna be a mda success story!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation