Page 204 of 462 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 204

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That bed is INSANE! Holy crap! Nice work!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Thanks we had the wood left over from the Pergola project so thought we'd put it to use. But had to spend $129 on the 8" screws to hold it all together! Now to fill it with dirt. I found a place that has good garden soil, and they also have one of those "blower" trucks for bark that will also blow the soil - so we're gonna spend the money - and save our backs. It will cost a bit more than I'd like, but shoveling 5 yards of soil would not be good for us. I have to go out to the store and decide what type of soil I want - they have a premium garden blend, but the cost of product and delivery/blowing is $300. Ouch. Course, its not worth putting in a garden if you don't have good soil to start with - so I guess its a long term investment really. I got a composter from Sears - using my points that I got with the purchase of the fridge - it was a $159 composter that I paid only $30 for after applying the points! SCORE! So, I'm making compost to add to the soil as well.

I decided not to get chickens. My neighbor says theres a guy at her work that often brings in 15 dozen eggs and she can bring me eggs all the time. I said "Yes, please!"

I'm trying to use my time better in the mornings before I go to work........... so spending LESS time on the computer is going to be the first change I make. I will be checking MDA only once and then moving on to other things - like doing Barre3, getting out doing some morning yard work, and trying to keep my house a little cleaner. Tidy I have down pat - but clean doesn't always happen. I tend to forget about dusting and sweeping/vacuuming until I can actually SEE that it needs to be done. And the windows need to be cleaned more often, especially the big picture window with the window seat - that is territory to the dog and cat - think, basset hound slobbery! ICK!

Body............ still feeling bloated. Yesterday I ate 1400 calories - all healthy! Macros: fat 62, prot 22, carbs 13. I think that is pretty good. I seriously wanted to have some ice cream, but resisted the craving. Instead I ate pork rinds. Weight? don't know since I put the scales on temporary leave. (no battery). I have a goal of not weighing until June 1st. I don't think I have ever gone that long without weighing myself! I just wish this bloated feeling would go away - its not just in my torso - its everywhere! That's how I know its has to be muscle repair/water retention. Yesterdays workout was pretty tough - I thought upper body/core would be fairly easy - but NO! They don't just work the upper body - while you're working you're arms with small weights you are maintaining a very slight squat as well - so the upper legs and butt are getting worked too. Mid-afternoon my thighs started aching! Throbbing! And then I got this killer head-ache! I thought the top of my head would blow off! I ended up leaving work an hour early cuz I felt so awful. I didn't even stop at the store on the way home. If I get that headache again I will have one of the MA's check my blood pressure. Just out of curiosity - cuz I have always had excellent BP - but with that kind of a HA its worth checking.

The boat goes in the water May 4th! I need to get the bumper covers made!!!! We bought Seattle Seahawk fleece print to cover the bumpers because they leave smudges on the boat if they are nekid. The seahawks blue matches our boat - and we are also fans! We would have got Oregon State Beaver print, but that doesn't match the boat. It will be great to spend the weekends on the boat! We bought a life jacket for Zeus so he can swim to shore to do his business. And we have the kayaks this year! I'm looking forward to summer. I just wish I was smaller this year........... I was looking forward to feeling more comfortable in summer clothes. I need to buy some new capris cuz the ones I have are high waisted and I hate them! Will start shopping for some soon.

Okay.......... time for Barre3, then outside for a while. I have to be to work on 3 hours.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Lots to talk about today! I wish my house was tidy. That tends to go by the wayside when you have two kids that drag crap out all the time.

Soil: are you planning to plant vegetables or flowers in your new bed? I would be wary of whether or not the soil is "miracle grow" like - that's loaded with chemicals to help the plants grow bigger. If you're going to compost anyway, maybe consider getting some regular soil and adding composted material to beef up the soil. Sometimes, county extension offices have free compost as well (as well as mulch). Ours gives away compost for free - all you have to do is scoop it yourself. I'm considering this to start my garden with b/c my compost won't be ready in time. Our too cool temperatures slowed the process down. Looking at 70's starting next week so maybe I'll get some good compost soon.

Chickens: did I miss where you talked about wanting to get chickens? I'd love to have some chickens!! Brad and I go through about 3 dozen eggs each week, so chickens would be nice to have - to save $6 a week... lol

Bloat: I am up 4 lbs... it's a combination of things, I think - weight lifting and sugar. I feel your bloat.

Have a good day at work. I hope the headaches don't come back.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Water retention can sometimes happen from too much or too little salt. Make sure you are not avoiding it or adding too much!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    not much too add. Just a quick hello. Love the garden bed. Glad you ditched the scale. What I love about you is you never give up for long!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    not much too add. Just a quick hello. Love the garden bed. Glad you ditched the scale. What I love about you is you never give up for long!
    Thanks! and I don't allow myself to stop for long --- a little pity party and then I'm back at it! I've come WAY TO FAR to stop the momentum now! The weight lose is SLOW - but I'm so much healthier in every other way! I'll never go back to being sick from fibro and barely surviving day to day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Jenn - I'm thinking the premium soil is overkill! Will probably opt for the less expensive organic mulch - but need to go take a look at it before I make a decision. I am going to try to get out there after work today. I do need to put a sealer on the wood before we have it filled with dirt - will try to get to that tonight or in the morning. I guess we're BLOAT sisters at the moment

Tasha - I have been adding a little bit more salt to see it helps with the muscle cramping. Not a lot, but maybe 1/8 tsp a day. I only use is when I season meats or veggies so its very little.

Workout today: 10 minute Twist: Toned Arms AND 10 minute Standing Slim 2: Glutes and Stretch. I'm so proud of myself for making it through 2 10 minute workouts! YEAH TOMI! (I can be my own cheerleader! ) So - when does the body transformation start to show? Patience is not my strong suit (but y'all probably know that about me by now!)

Breakfast - 1 whole eggs 3 yolks .......... coming up!

Oh - talking with manager yesterday I learned that the doc is looking at retirement in about 7 or 8 years ............ so I had best keep that momentum going on the mortgage! Cuz I can't quit working until its paid off! And I really don't want to find another job just to keep it for a short time. Just need to keep it mind as I'm working on putting my paycheck towards that huge debt!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Tomi, I have been lifting heavy for 3 or 4 weeks now and I'm not seeing changes yet. I have read it takes 4 weeks for changes to happen, 8 weeks for a friend to notice the changes, and 12 weeks for us to notices the changes (because we see ourselves every single day and the changes are subtle).

Maybe take a before pic and then in a few weeks take a "progress pic" and see what you see.

thats sounds about right - but SUCKS! I can see inflamation in my legs for sure! But I can also see that they are tightening up. My upper legs are tighter and I definitely have more muscle in my hamstring. I have always been able to build muscle quickly but with my age I was wondering if that would change. I'm happy to see that it has not.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Early day at work. I needed to record a WIN (reference Marks blog today ) Last night I was REALLY wanting ice cream, and hubby was pushing for dessert too. I said NO - and asked him to decided if his head was hungry or if his tummy was hungry - he obviously said nothing, but smiled coyly He couldn't have been hungry cuz we had MEATZA for dinner! He just wanted something sweet. I told him this weekend I would make a batch of his favorite cookies. But I'm baking a few cookies and the rest will go into the freezer for the next weekend.

Okay............. back to work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.