Page 203 of 608 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6080

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 203

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you should allow yourself a drink as your weekly 'treat' until you are at goal. Your past experiences do not suggest that you will keep it to one, or one day. Just last week you were saying you wanted to cut out the alcohol entirely, remember? And if it is in the house, it will be easier to have one more. And one more.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quite possibly! No............ I'm putting it away - right now! See me running up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom?

There - I've taken the battery out of the scales and put it in the "junk drawer" in the kitchen - so weighing would now be very difficult! The scales are out of commission.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Just watched the Oz show about the Paleo diet. I thought it was very well presented! I like the way the girl (name?) emphasized the perfect paleo plate. Half to 2/3s veggies, a palm sized piece of protein, a dollop of healthy fat and a small amount of fruit. I don't eat fruit anymore cuz I can't find one that doesn't give me an acid burn. But I'm going to try to follow her example as I'm plating my food from now on.

Breakfast today was early cuz I woke up very hungry. I ate one whole egg plus 3 yolks and 2 slices of bacon. It was really good! I'm making ground beef patties for dinner, with a sweet potato and butter.

Off to do my Barre3 for the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Do I need to come over, do an intervention, and take the scale out of your reach?
    +1
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I had ground beef patties with sweet potato for dinner last night! lol And the leftovers are lunch today.

Good on you for making steps to avoid the scale. I think this will help you in the long run.

Yes - the scale definitely needed to be put away. I will focus on eating right, exercising and judging my progress/success by how my clothes are fitting. My current jeans are getting a bit worn out and I'm NOT going to buy more in the same size. I have 3 brand new pairs of smaller jeans hanging in my closet and those are my target.

I've been reading through some journals I have never looked at before. Seems we're all struggling with something. I just want to find the "sweet spot" for me and stick with it. The scary thing is - it seems like there is NO ultimate sweet spot -- like XYZ works really good - for a while, and then you need to tweak and change things up and it takes a while to figure out what the next sweet spot combination is! Maybe I need to take a break from all the searching and seeking - maybe a break from MDA is in store.

I did the entire 10 minute upper body/core workout today! It was hard - but good! I'm proud of myself for getting back into a daily workout routine - even if it is only 10 minutes for now. Its certainly better than nothing. And although I enjoyed the walking, I don't think it was doing much for me fitness-wise. It wasn't helping me lose weight and wasn't building muscle. This Barre3 is definitely a better choice. Now I'll walk for the joy of walking instead of the need to move!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I think that sounds like a great plan, with the exception of the break from MDA.

I'm not going anywhere........... I'm too addicted to this site - and all of you!

Here's my new garden bed! It just needs dirt and seeds!

002a.jpg
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Dinner: Roasted Veggies and BBQ ground beef w/sautéed onions.

Attachment 11342
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow! What a bed. It will look wonderful all planted up.