Page 202 of 601 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6001

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 202

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gosh........ good advice ladies! Okay - I'll follow your advice since what I'm currently doing isn't serving me well!

We had a good weekend.......... We built our raised garden bed I will post a picture later. It turned out beautiful and I'm so anxious to start planting. But first it needs some good garden soil. A LOT! We made it 4'x20' and 18" deep. Its the perfect size for working without having to get down on my knees

I didn't do Barre3 yesterday - but I did do a LOT of heavy lifting while building the garden bed. We used 10' long rough cut 4x6 beams that weigh probably 50# each - and there were 15 of them that I carried to the wagon, then pulled them uphill about 100', then carried them again to put them in place. So - I got a LOT of exercise yesterday.

Hubby says I look like I've lost weight - I told him I haven't lost any since October - he says I sure look like I have. I haven't noticed and my cloths fit the same - but I love the compliment anyway. Maybe by following your advice I will start to see some progress and shed some fat!

I'm gonna do my Barre3 now and then get ready for work............ have a great day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

okay - today I picked Standing Slim workout............ I got about 12 minutes into the 30 and quit. This is a great leg workout! I'm not gonna push it - when I start feeling really fatigued I'm gonna stop. I'll work up to being able to do the whole video eventually - but I'm not gonna push it right now. It feels good to be working out again. Walking was nice, but it was starting to feel more like a drudgery than a pleasure. I like having the videos - tons to choose from so they won't get boring or routine Still need to find a portable chair or step ladder.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm thinking of trying a new strategy......... tell me what you think.

6 days a week I will stay strictly primal and eat when my body says to feed it. Still focusing on high fat/low carb.

1 day a week I will relax a bit - maybe have ice cream or something and maybe a drink.

This was basically suggested by Marcadav - and I've been tossing it around in my head trying to decide if I could make something like this work for me. I read a post this morning titled "the 6 day diet" - and it got me thinking again about Marcadav's suggestion to have scheduled treats or rewards for being "good". At first I didn't want to make food/drink a reward.......... but I'm thinking that I should give this a try. I remember when I was doing the liquid diet thing - one of the leaders of the meetings said she is very strict all week but eats whatever she wants on the weekends - and she was very slim! She had lost 50 pounds, and that's how she managed to maintain the loss. That way she didn't feel deprived and could relax in every way on the weekends.

So starting today I'm doing this. Hubby and I talked over the weekend about allowing ourselves 1 dessert a week since we both LOVE dessert. I could try to make primal dessert too - it doesn't have to be full or grains or sugar to be yummy. But I did promise him his favorite cookies.............Oatmeal/chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies.

I don't know if I will put the scales away. I've been a daily weigh-er my whole life. But I will work on changing my relationship with the number and start looking at other markers as successes. My doctor tells me I need to lose weight - and I want to be down to 140 when I go back in a year for my next blood work. So - I am giving myself 12 months to lose 45 pounds. I know the Barre3 is going to make a big difference and I'm expecting to see progress soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Body for Life suggests eating on point for 6 days with one free day a week to eat whatever the heck you choose. It works for many people. Might be what it takes for you to find success too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I know for me, planning a reward, whatever it might be--food, drink, buying something--, AND tying it to meeting a goal both motivates me to meet the goal and helps me put off doing/having things that I don't want to become routine. Also, the longer I do this the less important the reward becomes.

Tomi, I just thought of a goal for you--get so good at the Barre3 dvds that you treat yourself to an actual class in Portland. There's a studio at the corner of NW 10th and Marshall in the Pearl District.

Marcadav - what a great idea! I will definitely keep that in mind! Thanks so much for telling me about Barre3. The workouts are exactly what I need, and I very much enjoy the style of movement. I'm way past the "cardio" type of thing - too old, too out of shape! But this is low impact, slow and steady and is something that I will be able to continue for the long haul.

Jenn - thanks for confirming that the 6 day thing is a valid option I'm feeling good about this.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

So -- venting coming......................

I gained 3 pounds over night!!!!! yes, it has to be water weight since I only ate 1100 calories yesterday AND I worked out. I know its muscle and water weight. I worked HARD on Sunday building that garden box and yesterdays Barre3 was a good hard one too. I'll drink lots of water today and I'm sure I'll see the scales drop over the next couple days. Maybe I should just not get on the scales for a while. I'm going to put them away for a bit. I'll even take out the battery and put it someplace FAR away from the scale so its not easy to just grab it and pop it back in.

I can't let that stupid number on the scale effect me like this. I need to follow Demuralist's example and just divorce that damn scale for a while.

I'm so frustrated with my dog too! We put up a make-shift fence using plastic poultry fencing (think plastic chicken wire) but he figured out how to get under it! So, I took some small wood strips and wove it through the very bottom to make the bottom rigid - but he still figured out how to get under it! The fence is coming down today - it looks awful and isn't working so whats the point in having it there? We've got his dog fence turned up to the highest setting - I'll put a new battery in this receiving collar and we'll see what happens. Its pretty frustrating! That dog fence has kept him in the yard for the entire time we've had him - nearly 6 years! We even have the "stubborn dog" collar on him - that thing has a 9 volt battery in it! I know it has to HURT when it shocks him! Damn dog!

So - I woke up to the dog in the front yard barking - and the scales saying "HEY LARDBUTT!" I just want to crawl back into bed, sleep awhile, and start this day over again!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My advice:

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE AND DON'T TOUCH IT FOR 2 WEEKS!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

got it........... the scale is going into deep freeze for a while.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do I need to come over, do an intervention, and take the scale out of your reach?