Page 201 of 589 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5885

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 201

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 3 - Barre3 - loving this ! I can feel my muscles again! I did the 10 minute lower body and a few minutes of upper body. I really need to get a chair that I can easily store so I don't have to get down on the floor. Yesterday I followed the workout with 15 minutes on the bowflex - will do the same today.

Hope the exercise ball comes soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are enjoying it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Okay - I got some liquid magnesium/calcium. I wanted straight up magnesium, but they only had in combo with calcium. Nasty white chalky stuff - think milk of magnesia. I mixed a TB in a glass of water and drank it down! Not too bad that way. I'm waiting to see if the magnesium causes a gastric rush and flush! Sure hope not! I took it about an hour ago - so far nothing is rumbling so that's a good sign.

I got my pilates ball already! woot woot! I blew it up and Zeus went bonkers thinking it was a toy for him. I sternly explained that this ball was MINE! I have a large exercise ball - the kind you sit on - and he pushes that all over the house thinking its HIS toy! Good thing he isn't able to bite into it.

Since I'm not sure what time hubby is going to be home from work tonight (apparently its SPRING and every in the county wants their boat ready to go at a moments notice)! He texted earlier to ask me to pray cuz things were pretty crazy down there. Poor guy - I hate this time of year. It settles down once the season gets up and running, but right now everyone is panicking that their boat isn't going to be ready when the first sun beam hits the water. Anyway --- since I'm not sure what to plan for dinner I took out the left over seafood chowder. I also have a Chicken Tikka Masala ready to assemble for dinner tomorrow night. The chicken is cut into pieces and is still thawing a bit, the marinade is done and ready, and the sauce is cooked and waiting to be poured over the cooked chicken. I hope its good. I'll marinade the chicken overnight so it should be nice and yummy by dinner tomorrow. I'm going to make roasted veggies to go with it - unless he insists on rice - then I will make both.

I didn't do everything on my list today - but I don't care - it was nothing that can't wait.

I changed my ticker to reflect where I'm really at - Since I'm 5 pounds over my primal low I thought I should be honest and fix it. Hopefully I can see that 38 pounds lost again real soon. I know I'm not working out enough yet for it to make a difference, but it has to be helping a little tiny bit - right? I also found a old pilates dvd that I forgot I had - but I'm not going to try it until I've built up some strength and stamina. From what I remember it was pretty intense. I also pulled out my belly dancing dvd's - I have 2 of them. Not sure my body will move like that - but it will be fun trying. Right now I'm just gonna stick with the Barre3.
    Last edited by tomi; 04-19-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    There is a sparkling mineral water that is widely available called Gerolsteiner that contains a small amount of magnesium. It tastes very nice - it's water! It might be something to drink often when you get things under control.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    There is a sparkling mineral water that is widely available called Gerolsteiner that contains a small amount of magnesium. It tastes very nice - it's water! It might be something to drink often when you get things under control.
    Thanks I'll see if they have it around here. The dose of liquid cal/mag that I took yesterday didn't have any immediate "side effects" So maybe I will be able to tolerate it. I'm sorta committed to the bottle since I paid $9 for it! It has 32 doses per bottle. I don't think I'll buy this one again though........ yucky milky stuff.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

okay - after 3 days of Barre3 I'm feeling some muscle again but the scales have gone UP. To be expected though and I'm trying not to panic over it. I'm 186.8 today. That's a 2 pound gain from where I started. I ate 1748 calories yesterday - so that could be a part of it. I generally try to keep my calories down around 1400 - and I had a lot of salt and water. I'm not going to panic, I'm not going to panic, I'm not going to panic! I know its totally normal and to be expected to gain weight when you first start exercising because of the muscle damage and repair that is happening. I get that......... but that number is freaking me out a bit! I've been wanting to go DOWN so badly and to see the number climbing is scaring me.

Today I will do better on my calories. I'm making chicken tikka masala for dinner and that is nothing but chicken and tomato sauce and spices. I'll have roasted veggies with it. I'm going to push off breakfast for as long as I can handle it - a little IFing should be in order with the little gain from yesterday. So if I eat some eggs around 1:00 - I should be good until dinner.

Workout today: Barre3 10 minute studio burn.

I'm going to keep doing the 10 minute workouts until my muscles are in a little better shape - maybe 2 weeks total. Then I'll move on to the 30 minute workouts.

On the schedule for today: Workout, mow the grass and try to edge - UGH. I need to figure out how to use our power edger (hubby's at the shop today). When hubby gets home we will probably work on the pond some more, it still needs another filtering to clear the sediment in the bottom. Then??? If I have any energy left............. ???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Good on the Barre3 work. I did my Barre3 dvd today. Thought it might kick my butt but I pleasantly surprised.

As for the weight-- I think you are still too focused on the number on that damn machine. I think history has shown that you, and everyone else for that matter, have no control over what the machine will say.

What you do have completely control over is the choices you make. So, please focus on what you can control-- your choices. History has shown me if I'm healthy and make good choices on a daily basis the machine, over time (sometimes a long time),responds in kind.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    As for the weight-- I think you are still too focused on the number on that damn machine. I think history has shown that you, and everyone else for that matter, have no control over what the machine will say.

What you do have completely control over is the choices you make. So, please focus on what you can control-- your choices. History has shown me if I'm healthy and make good choices on a daily basis the machine, over time (sometimes a long time),responds in kind.
    I agree. I feel that it might serve you well to eat based on hunger, ditch all tracking, and just focus on good food and sticking to an exercise routine.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    For magnesium, may I suggest Natural Calm powder. I put one to two teaspoons in my tea at night. I use plain which has a sour taste (works well with fruit teas), but you can get flavored.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with Tash and Marcadav. You need to stop paying attention to what the scale says. You said yourself that you will gain weight when you start an exercise program... my advice, step away from the scale for two weeks. Give your body time to adjust to the new workouts, balance out and flush the water. I have also stepped away from my scale as I know my weight has increased as a result of the heavy lifting. I haven't stepped on the scale in over a week. (I plan to weigh in on my first W30 day, but not touch it again until after I've finished the whole30).

I think the best course of action for you right now is to put the scale away (take the battery out and pitch it until it's time to weigh again), focus on healthy food choices and avoiding the rum, and just work on being healthier. I have wanted to see the scale move so badly since August. It hasn't... and instead of getting frustrated and annoyed by it, I chose to switch my focus. My focus shifted to lifting weights, getting strong and changing my body in that way.

Remember, the scale only tells you how much force you put on the earth by way of gravity... it does NOT tell you what you are made of, it does NOT tell you how much is muscle, how much is fat, and how much is water. Most importantly, it does NOT tell anyone what kind of person you are. So, divorce the scale for a bit (demuralist's words, not mine) and focus on something else for a while.

Focus on your health and your fitness while maintaining your healthy diet. Focus on choosing the foods that make you feel the best and performing activities that make you strong!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)