Page 200 of 550 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5491

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 200

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Agree. Nice plan laid out. Stick to it and you'll see some results.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    thanks, Ladies! Always nice to have support and back up. I feel like my head is back in the game an I'm ready to really dig in. I did my first Barre3 video this morning - I picked the easiest one - 10 minute warm up and legs workout I made it 8 minutes and decided to stop. I don't want to push and be really sore tomorrow. I want this to be something that I can work into slowly and build up my strength and stamina. I look at several of the videos - they seem to be very doable - but I will go at it slowly so I don't get discouraged and give up.

I haven't walked for a couple weeks so basically I've been a slug for the past 2 weeks! It feels good to have a plan that is easy and doable and I don't have to go anywhere! I have enjoyed the walking - but I need something new and fresh.

Marcadav - I agree with the food plan being very restrictive - I feel like I need to start off in that mindset - just for a couple weeks - then maybe I will move to a more gentle approach. As for the reward.......... I'd rather have it be something non-food and non-alcohol since those truly are stumbling blocks for me. I very much want to move back into the non-drinker status. I think I will make my reward something like a new item --- or maybe a facial? A once a month reward if I have followed my plan.

Boy - it was hard getting my journal this morning - they must be doing some maintenance on the site. It was getting frustrating and I was about to give up - but I'm so addicted to coming here every day I just really needed to get my thoughts out. I noticed that I just passed my one year anniversary of starting this journal. Its been a year of big learning!

Now I'll try to catch on the other journals and then get going with my day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

food for the day:

3 bacon strips (thick sliced)
    iceberg/spinach salad w/carrots and radishes.
    7 large shrimp sautéed in butter
    4 oz salmon
    1000 island dressing (call it my less than 100% portion)
    3 oz mixed nuts

Calories: 1266 carbs 13%, fat 66%, prot 27%

Not bad for my first day back in control.

there are 3 small pieces of cheesecake in the fridge. I'm going to ignore them. Maybe I will talk hubby into finishing them off tonight and then I won't have to play mind games to not eat them. He's out of ice cream and I'm thinking after a salad and seafood he's going to want MORE!

He's getting better about not having/wanting grains - but he's not so good about the sugar. So if he wants cookies, of course he's gonna get grains along with the sugary stuff. He just won't climb on board with me -- and I KNOW this of life would be 1000 times easier if he were doing it with me. That's how I function best - as a group. I'm a team player. But, I'm pretty much doing this alone (well, alone in my real world - but I have all of you in this cyber world). I like to do things that are joint ventures. And if hubby would join me I think I would have reached my goal by now. Maybe all my fitness goals, but certainly my weight goal. I guess there is always hope that he will decide to be healthy with me.

Tomorrow night we are going to Corvallis (think Oregon State University) to meet youngest step daughters boyfriend and take them to dinner. Hubby met him already, but didn't have a lot of time to visit. I'm looking forward to meeting him. I think this may be "the one". Makes me a little nervous - cuz we haven't put any money aside for a wedding. But she has a pretty good head on the her shoulders, and I don't think a big wedding is her style. I also don't think they would be planning a wedding until they are both or at least HE is graduated. He is older than she is and is one year away from getting his masters in pharmacy. He wants to work with the big boys in the pharmaceutical industry - so likely they will live on the east side of the country. She is getting her degree in chemical engineering - so - also an EAST US industry. That will be weird.

Oldest step daughter will be graduating with her master in Ed, focus in Electronic Media, in December. Then? Not sure what she will do - teaching jobs are pretty dang scarce these days. And she isn't really confident enough to pack up and move far away and be on her own. She is still living with her mom. I worry about her.

My son is doing great! Has all 3 rooms rented out and is working LONG hours. He's made me very proud.

Now --- to get myself in shape, and to be proud of my own accomplishments. That's my focus.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Tomi. Have fun meeting the boyfriend. I hope you guys like him! Pharmeceuticals... that'll be a tough one. I can picture the family dinners - him talking about how successful the pharmeceutical industry is and you fighting off the urge to tell him pharmeceuticals are for the weak! Ok, maybe that's what would happen if it was MY son-in-law.

I got this in my email today and thought it might interest you. Stop the Monsanto Protection Act in Oregon
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Monsanto is the demon of the agricultural world. There have been some aweful things happening in Oregon. They just passed approval for farmers to grow Canola in the Willamette Valley - the most fertile part of Oregon. Canola is an EXTREMELY invasive species and will eventually spread its seed far and wide. I don't know if Monsanto has anything to do with that or not - but it passed despite the pleas from all the farmers organizations in the valley. Its hard to fight a monster like Monsanto with just a few 100,000 nay sayers. It takes big dollars and really good lawyers.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

My feet and ankles are SOOOOO sore - even a little swollen from yesterdays 8 minutes if squats. And now its time to go get my work out clothes on and do it again............

Why does it take pain to achieve our goals? UGH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Day 2 of workout with Barre3 - I'm loving this! Granted I haven't done the long hard stuff yet - but I'll work up to that slowly - very slowly!

Today I did the 10 minute arms and glutes work out. I made it through the whole thing - and was ready for more - but restrained myself. I don't want to the get sore and miserable. It would be easier if I didn't cramp in every muscle I was trying to work - but I'm hoping that will go away the more movement I push through. The good news is - I still have muscle to cramp! But I think I will go lift a little on the Bowflex as long as I have my work out clothes on.

Thanks so much, Marcadav, for pointing me in the right direction! What would have cost $500 (Fluidity) is costing me just $15 a month! What I don't have is a good sturdy chair to use as my stabilizer - need to go to goodwill tomorrow and see if I can find one. and the pilates ball should be here early next week.

So, if my body is still the same as it was pre-menopausal I should see some good results fairly quickly with this type of work out - I have always been able to build muscle very quickly. And if all the stars are aligned properly (jk) I will start to burn more calories and see a smaller Tomi in the mirror! Right now I see a flabby, yucky Tomi in the mirror.

Jenn -- you're right about the conversation with would-be son-in-law............. I'm so anti-pharmacy now -- it will be fun to see how we discuss it all. I won't bring anything up until I know he's going to be a member of the family though..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Dinner with step daughter and new boyfriend was great! I really like him - and I think our little missy has found her man

Thai food - I had stir fry chicken with veggies. I ate about 1/2 cup of the rice. Not sure what kind of stuff goes into Thai sauce - I'm thinking soy sauce for sure. It tasted wonderful. I ate the chicken and most of the veggies out of the sauce, but most of the sauce stayed on the plate. I think I did ok.

Calories: 1125
    fat: 39%
    prot: 20%
    carb: 38%

the numbers are slightly estimated cuz of the dinner out. But I'm pretty sure they are very close. Based on number on CalorieKing. I hope the scale is down tomorrow - but thai probably has a lot of salt - so maybe no. We'll see.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi, there are a couple of posts on my journal about your muscle cramps - have a look if you haven't already -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks for the info - I'm going to do some research today and see if I can find something that will help. Maybe that liquid Magnesium. ????

So - weight was up 8/10 of a pound. No surprised since I ate salty food and have been doing the Barre3 for 2 days now. I'm sure my muscles are needing some extra water to make repairs. I'm ok with it. But I will sure be happy to get back down to my primal low off 178 and then keep it going.

Weekend plans............. stay home and do yard work. The pond is looking so much better! We will do another filtering of the water this weekend and try to get the rest of the sediment on the bottom out and cleared. Then we will be putting in a LOT of pond plants this year to help keep it clean and filtered. Not sure how many fish we have now......... an estimation would be maybe 40. Our one big fish is now about 10 inches long. He's the lone survivor of our 5 original fish - I think he's about 5 years old now. I wonder how long fish live? I'd like to get some more fancy goldfish. They look so pretty! The 40 smaller ones are all hatchlings - or whatever you call naturally born fish I'm looking forward to spending the weekend puttering in the yard - there is much to do!!! We will be buying the annuals for the pots and waterfall soon and need to get everything ready for planting.

Food the weekend............ tonight we're doing a chicken/veggie stirfry or something. I want to roast the veggies so might just find something yummy to cook the chicken in ............... something Asian I'm thinking. Maybe I'll do something Indian. Not sure what the rest of the weekend looks like for food. Maybe steaks on Saturday - maybe carnitas on Sunday?

We have NO junkfood at all right now - and I'm trying to keep it that way. Hubby is trying to lose some weight to see if it will help the snoring issue (he's down 6 pounds - why is it men can take it off so easily?) so I'm sure he isn't wanting to have junkfood either. And I'm pushing for no alcohol indefinitely. I told him last night I want to stop drinking all together. I really want us to stop completely and I'm going to work toward that goal. Maybe a drink once in a while when we eat dinner out - but never at home. That is the goal.

Okay - I'm all dressed to work out - so I'm going to go do that and then I have a million things to do today. Have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation