Page 199 of 565 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5641

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 199

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomi, If you like the fluidity DVDs/workouts you might want to look into Barre3 and/or Physique57 DVDs. I bought my daughter both. She used to take classes at a Barre3 Studio in Portland but it was very spendy, so I bought her the DVD. When she needed something "more" I bought her the Physique57 series for Christmas.

I now have her Barre3 DVD and use my kitchen counter as the bar. I also have her arms/abs Physique57 DVD because she takes aerial dance classes that work her, already stellar, abs.

As to your weight loss, I hope you don't take this wrong but I think you are focusing on the wrong thing-- looking for the quick fix to bring the number on the scale down and down quickly. And, when that doesn't happen you sabotage yourself.

As for the liquid diet, that again seems like "a quick fix" to a broader issue than scale weight. Did you maintain the 35 lb loss?

I suggest:
    1. Getting your head firmly in the game-- Decide what you know you will do and what you know you wont.Write it down.Think about it. Commit
    2. Decide on a eating protocol--ie 3 meals, one snack all primal foods, planned treats. Then decide to stick with it for a predetermined time frame without tweaking. 4-6 wks is IMO a good time frame.
    3. Decide on an exercise plan. For example--Walking 3 times a week + a DVD. Do this for a predetermined time (the same 4-6 wks as diet) adding walking minutes or days when you feel like it but always doing the initial decided upon number of days.
    4. Decide how the things you enjoy--rum/coke, cheesecake, ice cream, etc will fit into your life. I believe thinking things we love must be banished sets us up for failure. Knowing you can have them under predetermined circumstances lets you have them under control.
    5. Find success in the doing of #1-4. Not by the number on the scale
    6. Do not weigh for the predetermined eating plan/exercise time frame. Take measurements at the start of the time frame and end. Weigh at the end IF you can see it as a measuring tool, NOT as an indication of success/failure.

I hope this helps. If you'd like to preview the DVDs I have before buying you are more than welcome to come over. If you'd like, we could do dinner on one of your husband's study nights.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post

i suggest:
    1. Getting your head firmly in the game-- decide what you know you will do and what you know you wont.write it down.think about it. Commit
    2. Decide on a eating protocol--ie 3 meals, one snack all primal foods, planned treats. Then decide to stick with it for a predetermined time frame without tweaking. 4-6 wks is imo a good time frame.
    3. Decide on an exercise plan. For example--walking 3 times a week + a dvd. Do this for a predetermined time (the same 4-6 wks as diet) adding walking minutes or days when you feel like it but always doing the initial decided upon number of days.
    4. Decide how the things you enjoy--rum/coke, cheesecake, ice cream, etc will fit into your life. I believe thinking things we love must be banished sets us up for failure. Knowing you can have them under predetermined circumstances lets you have them under control.
    5. Find success in the doing of #1-4. Not by the number on the scale
    6. Do not weigh for the predetermined eating plan/exercise time frame. Take measurements at the start of the time frame and end. Weigh at the end if you can see it as a measuring tool, not as an indication of success/failure.

I hope this helps. If you'd like to preview the dvds i have before buying you are more than welcome to come over. If you'd like, we could do dinner on one of your husband's study nights.
    excellent advice!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks - and yes - excellent advice So good that I'm going to copy, paste and print!

I know my biggest hurdle is that I'm an emotional eater - stress, boredom, tiredness, sadness, frustration ............. it all makes me want to eat. I WAS really committed to this but I lost my drive. I lost my resolve. I lost my focus. I need to get all those things back again.

As for the liquid diet thing.......... it was a fleeting thought brought on by cheesecake binging! And NOPE I didn't maintain the 35 pound loss. I didn't maintain the 50 pound loss when I did Medifast either. I know that fake food is NOT the answer - I was just feeling desperate.

I know that paleo/primal eating is the ONLY answer for me. Its controlled my fibro almost 100% - I still have some fatigue, but very nearly NO pain. I just need to get things under control again. I'm going to follow your advice, Marcadav - and I'm going to set some goals. I'm going to go now and do some planning and committing!

Thanks for the help
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Hey did you know Barre3 has online workouts for only $15/month subscription I might do this for a month and see how I like it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I did it! I signed up for the 28 to Great one month challenge, for $28. They will send me the workout ball. At the end of the first month it reverts to the monthly $15 membership.

Thank you, Marcadav for introducing me to this! I've been wanting to take classes, but didn't want to join a gym ........ I didn't know I could do it online! I will be starting tomorrow morning. The 28 day challenge is to do 6 workouts a week and follow the "eating plan" - which I won't if it tells me to eat non-primal foods. I can connect my computer to our 56" tv and will feel like I'm "IN CLASS" This is just what I needed to get motivated again

Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

You're welcome. I'm glad I didn't offend you.

I don't offend easily. I understand people generally have their hearts in the right place - and I'm pretty sure I know that about you!

I have my goals written out - and a plan in place.

I will start Barre3 in the morning.

Here are my goals:

1. Improve my health by bringing down my CRP to normal level and to bring down overall cholesterol to normal level.

2. Improve my physical stamina by walking daily, riding my bike often and doing the Barre3 videos daily.

3. Improve my eating habits by eating only what will help me reach my goals

4. Lose weight - overall goal is 140, but I won't push it and I won't hate myself if I don't reach it.

5. Allow myself GRACE if I slip -- but stay focused on the goal daily.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey did you know Barre3 has online workouts for only $15/month subscription I might do this for a month and see how I like it.
    No I didn't know. They must have added them since I bought the DVD.I'll have to check it out.

Nice plan. I would change #3 to: I will make healthy, primal food choices daily.
    I don't like "eating only" as it can be too restrictive/rigid, black/white, good/bad and lead to all or nothing meltdowns meltdowns.

I would also plan a reward goal..Something like --if I walk 3 days a week and do 3 barre3 workouts a week for the 28 days of the program then I give myself permission to have rum/coke one night at the end of the 28day program.

Just a head's up-- The first few times I did the Barre3 DVD (40 min), it kicked my butt--literally and figuratively . It got easier over time, though because of my CP I always have to modify.. I haven't done it in a while. Maybe I'll do it this weekend instead of the Physique57 arms/abs.

So, don't beat yourself up if it takes a while to get up to speed. The success is in the doing.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan Tomi. Good Luck.