Page 198 of 538 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5376

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 198

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    If it started after the update and virus scan, it is probably from the updates or virus scan. Is there a new bar visible at the top of your browser window, below where you type in the address for a website? What is your virus scanning software?

My guess is it's either a Bing toolbar (released by Microsoft, included in a lot of updates if you have Vista, 7 or 8) or something from your anti-virus.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I got it fixed. I think it all came with a flashplayer update. I went into programs and features and cleaned up a lot of stuff. I ran a defrag while I was at it. That was minor - only 3%. I have Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. I ran both.

Here's a question - why does it tell me I'm not the administrator when I change things......... but I went into the system and I am clearly listed as administrator.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Malwarebytes and Spybot are great anti-malware programs, but they are not virus scanners. Something like AVG, McAfee, or Symantec (Norton) would be an anti-virus. AVG is free, but you have to watch out for the extra stuff it tries to get you to install.

It's good to have an anti-virus because they run regular scans on your system without you prompting.

As for the admin question, not sure without being able to see the messages exactly.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to jump start my weight loss again. I'm not doing well and I'm getting angry at myself! I just realized the boat is going in the water in a few weeks, and I'm pretty much the same size I was last fall. I wanted to be able to go the lake and feel more comfortable in swimwear and be able to get in the water without feeling like a whale. I'm VERY disappointed in myself. I've been bouncing around in the low 180's since October. I'm considering doing something drastic to take off some more weight. Maintaining I can do............ but losing is my struggle. Years ago lost about 35 pounds on a liquid diet called HealthOne. I'm thinking about doing that again, just to take off some weight. I need to do some research on it cuz I can't remember if its soy based. If it is, I won't do it. I just remember it tasted good, and it worked.

I saw an infomercial for an exercise thing called Fluidity. I about choked when I went online to see about ordering it and saw that it was ON SALE for nearly $500. UGH! I really wanted to try it. I was bummed.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Ok - I can't buy the product alone - it comes as part of a program. I did that before - it was a waste of time.

I'm going to look into Marks MR.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

If you have insulin resistance, I wonder if your doctor would approve you for Metformin? There is another user here who is taking it. I don't remember if there's more to her username, but it at least has "Kymma" in it .

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I wish you were interested in doing weights and stuff. I've seen people have a lot of success with P90x and Insanity.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I've seen Kymma. I don't think I have insulin resistance - but have never been checked either. I have an interest in doing weights and stuff............. but I just don't do it. I have a dominant lazy gene!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Okay ---- just found out my 35th class reunion is in the works and now the pressure is really on. Time to get serious.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I read in numerous places that if you are overweight, you are more likely to be insulin resistant than not. I believe it was Robb Wolf that said that in his book The Paleo Solution. Diane Sanfillipo might have said something similar in Practical Paleo.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)