Page 197 of 461 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 4609

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 197

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Supposedly Yoga is good for fibro - not that you suffer from it anymore. Do you have any videos already?

It was REALLY windy here this weekend. I'm ready for the warm, not so windy spring/summer weather.

Where did you find the recipe for the casserole? I'm looking for something new to try for breakfast. Eggs and bacon is only good for so many weeks in a row. I'm getting bored with breakfast, so I can only imagine Brad is REALLY bored.
    Yes, I have a couple Yoga DVDs. Gonna get started on that!

I looked at a number of recipes and then just made up my own. I used a dozen eggs, 1 small white onion, 1/2 pound of bacon and a pound of ground pork. 2 TB butter. 1 cup of shredded cheese. 1 cup heavy cream. Cooked the meat and sautéed the onions. Garlic salt. Put it all together. 350 for 45 minutes. sprinkled more cheese over the top when it was plated.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    That sounds great! Do you think it would be good with some frozen hashbrowns? I found some here (Mr. Dell's brand) that are GMO, gluten, yucky stuff free.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh yes I forgot I also put Yukon Gold potatos in there. I cut them into small squares - like 1/4" or a little bigger.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

my heart feels sick over what happening in Boston today. I say take the people responsible and blow them up with a bomb!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Why are some of words doing this hyperlink thing? I've run virus checks on my computer and it doesn't have any? You think MDA could have a virus?

I came home from the weekend weighing the same as when I left - so I consider that a success. But, I do need to break this cycle of down two up two!!! How 'bout down 5 up 1 - down 6 up 2 .............. I could handle that pattern!

I got called into work early this morning, so instead of going in at 12:30 or 1:00 - I get there at 10:00. I stayed until 3:30. If I can work a little extra this week it will make up for not working much last week. I will try to work 5 or 6 hours a day. My paycheck for March was just under $900 that will be the extra mortgage payment for June. I need to get my paycheck up more though. Or I need to find another source of income.

Going to go sit on the couch and watch tv for the evening. I'm just not very ambitious tonight. Hubby is at bible study - so, its jammies and tv for me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Yesterday was less than stellar for food and drink choices. I didn't eat before I went to work so when I got home at 4 pm I was really hungry........... I ate cheesecake. A LOT of cheesecake. In fact, nothing but cheesecake. And then I had rum and diet coke. What's up with that? I just didn't want to think about eating right so I ate what sounded good instead. I could have warmed up left over carnitas or leftover hamburger patties............. but nope - I ate cheesecake. I think the Boston thing really messed with my emotions - and I needed comfort food. I'm a stress eater.

So - the scales are up 2 pounds today. Now, I know I didn't eat enough for a 2 pound gain. I mean, I still tracked my calories and my daily total calories were still only 2000. That's not enough to cause a 2 pound gain. So I know its water weight. Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

Anyway - the house is cheesecake and rum free again. that's a plus. Gotta jump back on the wagon on both accounts. I do really good for a bit - and then I blow it big time. Where is my self-discipline? Where is my drive and resolve to lose weight and get healthy? The doc says I need to lose weight and have a good clean diet to deal with the inflammation markers - the C-reactive protein thing that is slightly elevated. Cheesecake and rum are sending me in the wrong direction. I need to NOT have those in the house - they are triggers for disaster for me. On the positive side - even though I ate nothing but cheesecake yesterday my percentages weren't that bad. And my carbs were only 122 grams. So, I can't beat myself up too bad. I made bad food and drink choices - there probably isn't a lot of nutritional value in what I ate, but it could have been worse. I could have ate a batch of cookies or something instead. Not that I'm trying to justify what I did - but I'm just saying - for "junk food" cheesecake is probably closest to the best of the worst. Its mostly egg and cream cheese -- and the rest is sugar. So, I'm gonna file it under "bad day" and let it go.

Okay - how come MDA is now doing auto-correct and spell check - its never done that before. And its doing automatic hyperlink things to advertisements. That bugs me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That is something in your web browser, not the website. You likely installed a toolbar or something.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have no idea what you're talking about with these hyperlinks and spell check features. It might actually be some updates your browser has unveiled. I know Google Chrome does spell check (puts squiggly lines under misspelled words), but it does not hyperlink anything. Do you use Internet Explorer? I use IE9 at work and it doesn't do any of that stuff, but there again, we have firewalls on top of firewalls on top of firewalls, so that might make a difference in how IE works for me compared to you as well.

My guess is that it's a browser thing, not a virus or anything malicious. There's probably a setting to shut it off too.

I think you're right. I did an update and virus check a couple days ago and that's when its all started. I don't mind the spell check but I don't like the hyperlinks. I'll have to find whats causing them and turn it off.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

PrimalCon New York
    it's probably in Tools, Internet options. If you have the same version of IE as me, you'll need to hit the alt key to get the tools menu to appear. Nameless or Naiad can probably help you from there - they seem to be very tech saavy.