Page 196 of 608 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 6079

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 196

tomi is online now Senior Member
    thanks, Jenn - didn't see it. I've got the seafood recipe so I'll use that. Its high fat/low carb - full of seafood!

Today........... get ready for the weekend. Laundry (doing now), pack a few clothes. Don't need much. Pack up bathroom stuff, pills, food. Need to the give the backyard another going over with the mower set to mulch. Then all the grass will be cut before we leave. Need to clean the skimmer in the pond nd try to sift out some leaves and things on the bottom. The pond still needs more TLC to be cleaned up for the summer. Its Friday so I have to do the bills/deposit for the boatshop. Good thing I got up early. Need to do some housework too.

We've agreed to have a rum free weekend I'm going to do my best to encourage a free month - and then go from there. I know without any alcohol I will take off this weight - I am 100% sure of it! So why am I letting it take that from me?

Don't give up what you want MOST - for what you want NOW

Thats my stumbing block. I'm more focused on the now - and I need to be more focused on the MOST! I have to keep that thought in mind when I want to eat/drink something that is going to keep me from getting what I want most.

With that thought I'm going to start my day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Great success story today - and what a beautiful young girl!

Made me start thinking about my other goals in going primal. Its not all about weight loss and controling my fibro symptoms. Its about quality of life in general - its about longevity - it about looking beautiful on the outside - and feeling beautiful on the inside. Its about getting an A+ on my bloodwork.

I doubt I will ever see my total cholesterol in the range that the labs deem "normal" - cuz I just naturally run high. But I've got my triglycerides back into the safe zone, and my HDL is excellent as well. My LDL is high - but its also the good kind of big fluffy fat globbuals that aren't going to clog my arteries. What I want to see next year when I have my labs run again is a lower c-reactive protein. Its currently 4.0 and needs to be down closer to 1.0. All in all I have greatly improved my bloodwork results over the past year. And I'm happy with that

Doc says to add a couple things to my supplements and to continue eating a non-inflammatory diet. I can do that. Alcohol can be inflamatory and I am going to cut that out of my diet.

ok............. on to the needs of the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I try to follow the same mantra, but sometimes it's really hard - that mantra loses it's novelty after a while. Kind of like posting a pic of your ideal body... you see it every time you get in the fridge, and before too long it becomes a fixture and you just don't notice it anymore, ya know? I think goals are the same way.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

boy - I agree with that, Jenn. Goals need to be very deep seated and extremely desired to make them stick through the hard times.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

How can it take so much preparation to be gone for 2 days? UGH! I went shopping for the weekend supplies - and I also did the shopping for the charity food boxes that our church is putting together. We offered to fill 2 boxes. I have to say, I was terribly embarrassed to be buying so much processed food and grains! Pasta and Rice a Roni - Mac & Cheese - noodles and rice - UGH! At least the majority of stuff on the list was canned goods. But still - chili, condensed soup!! My cart was crying "don't put that crap in me!" Some of it was good stuff - canned tuna and canned roast beef - corn, beans and carrots in the can. Applesause w/o sugar. I got the best of what was available without buying the most expensive. Thats what took to majority of my time. I haven't bought those types of foods for SOOO long I didn't know where to find them in the store so I kept walking in circles trying to find it all. I walked down every isle 3 times before I finally found the canned roast beef.

Anyway - got it all home and sorted and realized I left out one box of rice a roni per box. But, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

I also forgot to buy the cream of celery soup for the chowder - cringing on that one - but what else do I use in its place? We'll have to pick up the soup on the way out of town cuz I'm not making another trip to the store before we take off. Or - we can buy it at the beach - they do have stores at the beach.... I always think I have to make sure I don't forget anything - Not realizing there are always stores someplace along the way. I'm so dumb sometimes.

K - just for giggles I'm going to give you all a rundown on the weekend food prep - tell me if you think I'm doing primally good - or not.

Dinner tonight: dinner out - will most likely order seafood, broiled with a bake potato or steamed veggies. Dessert??? maybe cheesecake (okay sugar there)

Saturday: Breakfast casserole made with eggs, bacon, ground pork, onions, green peppers, potatos, cheese, heavy cream and spices.
    Lunch - probably nothing since we'll eat a late breakfast
    Snack - Mixed nuts (no peanuts) with dark chocolate chips and pork rinds with uncle dans (seasoning sour cream and mayo)
    Dinner - Seafood chowder made with heavy cream, misc bits of sea creatures, bacon, onion, butter, potatos and seasonings.

Sunday: Breakfast casserole.
    Dinner: Hamburger patties on the bbq, sweet potatoes with lots of butter.

I'm thinking I'm going to do pretty good. We're not taking rum or dessert.

so - just need to throw together some clothes and pack the car! When hubby gets home it will all be ready to go!

Have a good weekend everyone - see you all on Monday.
    So, mayo in the uncle dans is minimal, its mostly sour cream. Thats the only offensive part right?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Had a wonderful relaxing weekend at the beach. Ate mostly primal but I did have a couple store bought bakery cookies. We also bought rum cuz we invited people to join us for dinner Saturday night.

The seafood chowder turned out REALLY good! The breakfast casserole was also really good - but think a bit heavy on the onion. We enjoyed it

Mostly just sat around and watched movies and the ocean. It was cold and windy so we didn't walk on the beach.

I've been lazy for the past couple weeks and haven't walked at all. I need to get back to it. I also want to start doing some yoga again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Supposedly Yoga is good for fibro - not that you suffer from it anymore. Do you have any videos already?

It was REALLY windy here this weekend. I'm ready for the warm, not so windy spring/summer weather.

Where did you find the recipe for the casserole? I'm looking for something new to try for breakfast. Eggs and bacon is only good for so many weeks in a row. I'm getting bored with breakfast, so I can only imagine Brad is REALLY bored.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yum, chowder. That makes me want to get cooking.

Don't know if you want to hear this, but having guests is not a REASON to buy rum, it is an EXCUSE. There are other ways to be hospitable than by offering alcohol. I think the only way you will ever get over that particular demon is by taking it more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Don't know if you want to hear this, but having guests is not a REASON to buy rum, it is an EXCUSE. There are other ways to be hospitable than by offering alcohol. I think the only way you will ever get over that particular demon is by taking it more seriously.
    Wise words.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am thinking about starting a yoga regimen. Let me know if you find some good videos. I really need something to follow along with to start off. I don't like the YouTube videos that make me pause constantly ("Do this...now do it on the other side" [[skip to next exercise]]).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.