Page 195 of 518 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 5174

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 195

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I probably shouldn't make a big decision when I'm not feeling good - but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm going back to straight primal - I'm not going to do the EMF or the ADF or anything else that takes so much mental focus. I'm going to track, walk, and let my body do what it will. I'm going back to the basic of the PB --- eat real foods, avoid the bad stuff, cut calories for weight loss, move everyday, ............... and I'm gonna try to start lifting with the bowflex. Maybe. The ADF is just making me crazy mad at myself because I don't meet my goals - I go over on my calories. I just need to eat normally - keeping my calories low - not drinking rum - and walking daily. That will do it - I have no doubt. And I need to stop spending so much time on the computer. I'm also not going to give myself a weight loss goal date. I always do that thinking it will motivate to work harder - but what it does is set me up for feeling crappy about myself. I'm going to lose this weight - but if it doesn't come off by my birthday - so what!? Maybe I'll have it off by Christmas? Thats a more realistic plan anyway. Especially since I should be about 20 pounds lighter than I am right now in order to make my weight goal by my birthday.

So, I'm going to stop getting so crazy about all this and just eat right. End of story.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    That seems very reasonable IMHO.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I started primal at 206 in November of 2011. I'm down 23 pounds over the course of 16 months. Thats pathetic - but because it has come off so slowly, I'm pretty sure it won't return - so thats a positive! I'm learning to eat right - thats something that will keep me healthy for the rest of my life - another positive.

My one remaining demon is the rum. Gotta win that battle.

Don't give up what you want MOST, for what you want NOW. I'm going to add that my sig.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Tomi! I need to re-read Mark's book too. I've bee shying away from the EMF protocol b/c it's a lot of work. I think lower carb is perfectly ok for me. I try to do my best to eat only real food, but sugar seems to always find it's way in there. What I don't like about EMF is that in order to reach my goals, I can't eat fruit and I miss fruit - well strawberries at least - while doing EMF. Reconsidering my options for sure. I think while I'm doing all this heavy lifting, I should just do straight primal for a bit - no fancy trials or experiments. Might do a whole30 to "clean the slate" if you will, but not til after Makenna's birthday. I'm making a gluten free polka dot cake and want to enjoy it. Which reminds me... I need to order the food coloring pastes!!! EEK!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yup - I feel good about dropping the EMF and the JUDDD trials. Just complicates things too much. thanks for the support

Today I ate 5 strips of bacon for breakfast, and some mixed nuts. I know I'm not supposed to eat peanuts - but they seem so innocent! Have to remember they are legumes - not nuts. I need to start on the carnitas pretty soon too.

I'm still not feeling good - I must have a bug cuz I've had crazy bad diarrhea for the past 2 days. Yesterday started out with a normal morning BM - but by 11 am my bowels had turned into a garden hose and I was just passing water. Today hasn't been good either. I managed to work for a couple hours and got done what was needed than snuck out quietly I wanted to get some yard work done - but I'm not feeling up to it. Hopefully I will be better by tomorrow cuz we're leaving around 6 pm for the beach.

We decided no eating out this weekend - I'll pack up a bunch of food and we'll stay in. But I really want some clam chowder.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

My first batch of carnita's is in the oven! I added an apple and some apple juice (no sugar). Can't wait till dinner!

Starting to think about food for the weekend. I'm thinking about making a breakfast casserole, need to find a recipe. we'll probably skip lunch or just munch a little mid-day. We decided to eat dinner out on the way over - so only one dinner to cook there. Maybe I'll look for a really good clam chowder recipe too. I could make a big chopped salad with shrimp! nummers.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I was born in '66.

I tried just tuna mixed w/ cream cheese for DD. It's pretty good. I like it better than w/ avocado but it needs something. Like sweet pickles
    Life is stressful. If JUDDD stresses you don't do it. This is about the rest of your life. You are moving in the right direction and that's all that matters. Enjoy the beach!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Thanks Val - So, I've got 6 more years of wisdom than you!

I thought the tuna with cream cheese was good too, but a bit bland. I made up another bowl of it. Tuna, cream cheese, sour cream, Dejon Mustard, pickle juice, salt, garlic --- YUM! I'm eating some right now!

I remembered I have a killer Seafood Chowder recipe so I'm going to gather the makings for that - we'll cook at the beach. And I think I've come up with a good breakfast casserole recipe too. Now I just have to go get all the ingredients. Most of it already have. But I do need to make a trip to the store.

I'm getting excited - but nervous about leaving Zeus home. We had to put up a temperary fence to keep him in the backyard cuz he won't yeild to the zap of the invisible dog fence anymore. We'll feed him Friday before we leave - giving him extra for Saturday morning - then my son is going to be in town and will stop by and feed him Saturday afternoon. Then we'll be home Sunday mid day. He should be fine. Our neighbor across the street will stop in to check on him too.

my tummy is feeling better so I'm going to go mow the grass before it decided to rain!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    My first batch of carnita's is in the oven! I added an apple and some apple juice (no sugar). Can't wait till dinner!

Starting to think about food for the weekend. I'm thinking about making a breakfast casserole, need to find a recipe. we'll probably skip lunch or just munch a little mid-day. We decided to eat dinner out on the way over - so only one dinner to cook there. Maybe I'll look for a really good clam chowder recipe too. I could make a big chopped salad with shrimp! nummers.
    Check out Peace, Love, and Low Carb. She has a clam chowder recipe. It's in her most recent cookbook so the recipe may have been pulled (why would anyone buy the book if she has all the recipes online??), but it might still be available.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)