Page 194 of 567 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 5661

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 194

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    well - dd wasn't as successful as I would have liked it to be. I'm wondering if a full on fast would be a good idea too (as Sabine says). Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm just glad today is up day cuz I don't like having my tummy growling all day!

I'm thinking I might need to quit eating eggs. I've noticed that nearly everytime I eat eggs I gets a belly ache. Maybe getting chickens isn't a good idea after all. I should do a n=1 experiment on eggs. If I don't eat them at all for a week, and then eat them - I can see if the belly ache is due to the eggs or just a stupid belly!

Work was stressful yesterday. Why that building is always filled with stress I will never know. Doesn't seem to matter who comes or goes - the stress level is always the same - and people hate working there. I try to stay out of it all, but one person always feels the need to draw me in and tell me all the details of what is happening. I'm there 15 -20 hours a week, I stay to myself and do my job - I don't want to hear about the office drama! I don't make "friends" with my co-workers so I don't get put in a position to pick sides. The boss is like a brother to me - his sister is my best friend - so I'm biased anyway. I just wish people would not get their noses all bent out of shape all the time. Every office has issues - just chill out!!!!

Rant over..............

I can wear my wedding ring again But by the end of the day yesterday my hands had swollen a bit and I had to use soap to remove it. But still - I loved seeing it on my finger again. I've been wearing my 5 year anniversary ring for about 6 years now cuz my finger got too fat for the wedding ring. I'm looking forward to being able to wear it all the time again.

Had someone look at the 5th wheel this morning. Weird people. The lady knows we're asking $14,995 - she asked what our bottom dollar would be. I said we'd go down to $14,500. She then proceeded to tell me that her daughter just bought one exactly like ours for a little over $12,000. Well - good for your daughter. Why would you bother to go look if you think its over priced? I agree it is priced high - but its in exceptionally good condition and has extra's that most others don't. They were going to look at one that our good friend has on his lot - I hope they buy his cuz he needs the business.

Weight is unchanged. Frustrating.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

So - I just ate a Cadbury Cream Egg ..................... it really didn't taste that good - but it was fun to eat candy for a change! I feel like such a naughty girl! the closest I've been to a candy bar in the past 17 months is 72% dark chocolate. And I don't have that very often anymore. I really have cleaned up my diet - I'd say I'm probably 95% primal. Less than once a week I will have any kind of dessert (ice cream or cheesecake). That means 99% of the 5% is rum and diet coke.

I came home from work early. Feeling a little flu-ish. Head-achy, fuzzy brained, really tired.

I ate a sweet potato with kerry gold when I got home. I like it better than regular butter - but not enough better to spend the $ for it. I've been using it very sparingly - I think I've used maybe 1/3 of the block. I like to take a tiny nibble now and then Tastes like old fashioned butter from when I was a kid.

Trying to decide how to handle down day tomorrow. Eat or fast? Might depend on my hunger level.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

still feeling sick-ish. Not sick, but not up to par either. Trying to decide if I'm going to go to work or not. I think I will, but will only do the mail/deposit and make sure the patient charts are ready for the docs. ** well, the office just called and told me not to come in today cuz a back up battery for the computers over heated and the building smells like rotten eggs from the sulphuric acid. Yeah - no work for me today!

Today is dd and I'm not liking it. But will stick with it. I think I'll do a full fast today. Tea with stevia, lots of water.

Weight - slightly up after UD. just slightly. Still stuck in the low 180's - I bounce between 180-183. Right now I'm at the high end. If I could have a solid week of eating right and not having rum I could break out of the 180's for sure.

I saw a quote on FB ................. Don't give up what you want MOST, for what you want NOW. I need to remember that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - its 12:25 and I haven't eaten anything yet. Dinner is going to be steak, as we have 2 fillet mignon that need to be cooked. Hubby does an excellent job of cooking them to perfection! Steamed or roasted veggies will go perfectly with the steak.

I've had a mug of herbal tea with stevia. That calmed the hunger signals.

So, I'm having these odd stabby pains in my upper left chest area. Not sure if I should do anything about it. It doesn't really hurt - just feels odd. If it continues I'll call my doctor. They will probably tell me to go to the ER. It just started about an hour ago.

When is Chest Pain NOT a Heart Attack?

There are some symptoms that reassure me the chest pain isn’t related to the heart:

Pain that is sharp and brief – stabbing pain that lasts a few seconds is not from the heart.

Pain that persists for hours – heart chest pain will either go away after 20-30 minutes, or will end up in a heart attack.

Pain that gets worse with movement – or pain that gets worse when you press on that area of the chest is probably from the muscles or the bones in the chest, not the heart.

Pain that you can point to with a single finger – heart pain tends to be hard to pinpoint.

Probably not a heart attack
    Last edited by tomi; 04-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That is often where I feel digestive upset. Sometimes it is coupled with heartburn. Can happen within 48 hrs of eating something bad, for me.

Maybe relying on stevia that much is not a good idea? Or your body is not happy with not being fed =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Vanilla & Spice: Apple Pie Energy Bars

I'm going to try this recipe. Sounds pretty carb heavy - but it will be fine once I'm at goal weight
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That is often where I feel digestive upset. Sometimes it is coupled with heartburn. Can happen within 48 hrs of eating something bad, for me.

Maybe relying on stevia that much is not a good idea? Or your body is not happy with not being fed =\
    Thats interesting. I have wondered about the stevia. Its supposed to be all natural and stuff - its not a chemical concoction like aspartame. I'm thinking it might be lack of food honestly. But it seems to be gone now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    So - I just ate a Cadbury Cream Egg
    I thought you were giving up eggs for a week?

haha!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, I got so hungry I decided to eat some pork rinds. Normally I would dip them in Uncle Dans but I just ate them plain. Only 240 total calories - so I'm still doing good for the day. I wish I could eat my steak NOW though! I'm so bored today. I don't feel good enough to do any house/yard work, and I don't watch daytime tv. Not much happening on here or fb. I think I'm gonna get out my PB books and look through them again.

Did I mention we're going to the beach this weekend? there's no internet where we're staying so I will be MIA for a couple days. Well I do have my phone, but its too hard to do much with that. We'll most certainly eat at our favorite place in Depot Bay, Gracies Sea Hag. Yummy! I'll have to remember to take some lactaid so I can have the clam chowder - they make the most amazing thick clam chowder - you could almost eat it with a fork! We've never been disappointed with a meal from Gracies. I hope it will be storming something fierce! Love the beach during a good storm, as long as I'm in a warm dry safe place.

ok - I'm off to do some reading.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation