Page 193 of 566 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 5660

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 193

  1. #1921
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Primal Fuel
    Today is UD - but I'm not really trying to eat a certain amount of calories. I've eaten 4 thick sliced bacon strips - just starting to get a bit hungry again. I'm mixing up tuna with cream cheese (instead of mayo) may add in some sour cream and spices too.

    Hubby is at the shop and I'm hoping he'll be home soon - I want to spend the day doing a whole lot of nothing with him!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  2. #1922
    valmason01's Avatar
    valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    1,236
    How was the tuna w/ cream cheese? Phigment and I went to Moe's for lunch and then the grocery store. (we are such party animals!). She said she would eat tuna mixed with avocados and I thought that would be a good DD food. Love cream cheese too. How exciting about your Drs visit! Isn't it great to have a primal friendly Dr.? When is your bday? Mine is the 28th which is why I am asking.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

    Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

  3. #1923
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,691
    My doctor is primal friendly too. I love it.

    Glad your numbers came back so good. It's exciting to see that while in general the medical community frowns on our way of life (for fat content) it is actually healthy for us. I hope the C-reactive protein thing was just a fluke and that it's back in range soon. I don't know if I could go a year without testing it again, though.

    Also interested in how the tuna and cream cheese turned out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  4. #1924
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    How was the tuna w/ cream cheese? Phigment and I went to Moe's for lunch and then the grocery store. (we are such party animals!). She said she would eat tuna mixed with avocados and I thought that would be a good DD food. Love cream cheese too. How exciting about your Drs visit! Isn't it great to have a primal friendly Dr.? When is your bday? Mine is the 28th which is why I am asking.
    The tuna w/cream cheese was a little boring. I used 2 pint jars of home canned tuna and one block of cream cheese, plus garlic powder and a garlic mix called California Seasoning (kroger). It was bland so I put in about 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayo. We snacked on it several times over the weekend. It turned out pretty good! Next time I think I will skip the mayo and add a little pickle water to give it a zing.

    Yes, I do love my doctor! She's totally paleo and does Cross Fit too. I'm very pleased with my blood work results and am looking forward to seeing more improvement when I go back next year.

    My birthday is July 25th! I was born in 1960 - how 'bout you?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  5. #1925
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My doctor is primal friendly too. I love it.

    Glad your numbers came back so good. It's exciting to see that while in general the medical community frowns on our way of life (for fat content) it is actually healthy for us. I hope the C-reactive protein thing was just a fluke and that it's back in range soon. I don't know if I could go a year without testing it again, though.

    Also interested in how the tuna and cream cheese turned out.
    OOOPS didn't mean to ignore you in my response - I just always forget that I can "reply with multiple quotes"

    the C-reactive protein doesn't have me too concerned. She said it can be effected by many things. I will add the baby aspirin, Curcumin (or cook with more cumin), the liquid fish oil and continue to eat a non-inflamatory diet. With any luck all my numbers will be in a better place next year.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  6. #1926
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Today is down day --- and I'm going to do the induction phase now that I've gotten used to the UD/DD routine. So - 500 calories is my limit. A week of Alternate Day Diet and I'm down 3 pounds. But looking back over my logs I really didn't do a very good job of staying on the UD/DD protocol. It was more Normal Day alternating with Reduced Calorie Day. So, this week I will be more diligent about the numbers. Monday - Wednesday - Friday 500 calories. Tuesday - Thursday and weekends will be 1500 calories. I'm also still focusing on LCHF. But I'm starting to think VLC is not the best for me and might change things up a bit.

    I'm terribly stiff and achy today. I ate trail mix over the weekend.......... probably about a cup total. It was primarily peanuts - and I'm guessing that is what is causing the discomfort. That is the only thing I ate that could be questionable. I stayed very primal otherwise. I'm going to take a nice hot bath with epsom salts to see if it helps.

    Yesterday was my son's birthday. We went to his place to help him fix some dry wall that the plumber cut holes into to fix some leaky pipes. Then we took him to dinner at Out Back. I had a 4 oz Fillet Mignon with 4 little shrimp, steamed brocolli and sweet potato fries. I was tempted to order cheesecake, but I listened to my tummy and it was saying "no thanks, I'm quite comfortable" I was happy with my restraint!

    Since its down day I'm thinking about making a big salad for dinner. I'm wondering about trying to make a "ranch" dressing using sour cream as the base - I'll see if I can find a recipe.

    Gonna go take that bath now..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  7. #1927
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,691
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    OOOPS didn't mean to ignore you in my response - I just always forget that I can "reply with multiple quotes"

    the C-reactive protein doesn't have me too concerned. She said it can be effected by many things. I will add the baby aspirin, Curcumin (or cook with more cumin), the liquid fish oil and continue to eat a non-inflamatory diet. With any luck all my numbers will be in a better place next year.
    Might want to actually look at adding tumeric. Tumeric is curcumin. Curcumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  8. #1928
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Might want to actually look at adding tumeric. Tumeric is curcumin. Curcumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    thats interesting - I have that in our spice rack - but rarely use it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  9. #1929
    honeybuns's Avatar
    honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294
    I waved at you both Saturday on the way down and Monday on the way back!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

  10. #1930
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I waved at you both Saturday on the way down and Monday on the way back!!
    Awesome
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •