Page 192 of 462 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4620

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 192

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Oh my gosh. That is the kind of endevour I would definitely hire out. Good luck. Please, NO pictures!
    ok................. gosh, ruin all my fun!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

okay I took all the stuff out of the cupboard and noticed some holes that were probably at one time used for plumbing of some sort - I put a good thick layer of duct tape over them, cleaned all the surfaces with a disinfectant and now the smell is gone. So..... I'm guessing there is something dead under the house or in the wall. But I can't smell it in the cupboard now. I closed it up and left for 2 hours and when I came home it just smelled like cleaner - not DEATH! So I think I fixed it.

Doctor appointment went well. All is good - glucose 87, thyroid is perfect, vitamin D is perfect, FSH shows that I am completely menopausal (didn't need the blood test to tell me that). All my liver enzymes are great! My cholesterol ratio is 2.9 - excellent. Total cholesterol is high, LDL is a bit high, HDL and Triglycerides are excellent! I haven't seen numbers this good since I was 29 years old -- pre-statin therapy. I've been off statins since going primal in late 2011. I am very happy with knowing my diet has fixed my cholesterol troubles. We talked about how cholesterol for women really doesn't mean much, and she isn't concerned. Especially since I have no heart disease in my family. What she IS concerned with is my C-Reactive Protein - a marker for cardiac inflamation. 1-3 is average...... mine is 4.0. So not terribly high - but she wants me to lose weight, eat better and exercise more in order to bring it under 3.0. She also said to use liquid fish oil, take 81 mg aspirin per day and take curcumin (or cook more curry) She isn't going to test again for a year - so I have a year to work on it. Overall I'm pleased with the results.

I'm doing things right and I'm making my body healthier! Blood tests don't lie!

She also did a urine screen and it was CLEAR so I'm not sure why I'm still having UTI symptoms. I'm taking the AZO again to calm my pains and discomfort. Here comes the deep orange pee! I'm going to do some research to see if Evening Primrose, Black Cohosh or Dong Quai can have a negative effect on my bladder - cuz I started having UTI symptoms about a week after I started taking them. Of course, when libido came back hubby and I were very active for a few days! YEEE HAAAA!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The SIRT1 action of alternate day fasting is supposed to help inflammation, so if you keep it up, that might be a good factor. Glad to hear you got such a good report.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Honeymoon cystitis???
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine - thats really good know and a big encouragement to keep at it! (I say that as my stomach is making growly-growly noises cuz its hungry!!)

DD is tough after a day of high carbs!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Honeymoon cystitis???

most likely
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I ate an apple.......... massive mistake on an empty stomach. Cramping, bloating, and several bathrooms runs! I LOVE apples - but my tummy hates them. I swert I just pooped out the apple that I ate an hour ago. I know that isn't supposed to be physically possible....... but you can't mistake chewed up apple floating in the water.

Funny thing.... my doc forgot that I eat primal. She's trying to convince me that I need to eat "real" food - nothing packaged or processed. It was cute. When I told her I eat NEARLY paleo - she wanted to know what "nearly" meant. I said, I sometimes will eat potatoes and I use Stevia. She was pleased.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Can't find any connection between those supplements and UTI symptoms - so I'll just assume it was caused by the busy weekend

I'm noticing a pattern in my weight fluctuations......... could use some input (I'll post this on some other threads as well). I am finding after a day of higher carbs.......... (80-120 grams) my weight is lower. Example: Yesterday I had 120 carbs and today my weight is down 3.2 pounds from yesterday morning. The day before that I was really high on carbs - about 200 and my weight was down a pound from the day before.

I'm thinking I might be needing higher carbs in order to let go of the water weight. Now I'm NOT saying I need to eat higher carb to lose FAT............ I'm just saying I'm noticing that the water weight lets go after a higher carb day. So what I'm thinking is that when I notice a jump in weight over night - if I have a higher carb day it might just let it go I'm going to do a bit more tracking in this and see if my theory pans out.

Anyway - yesterday I weighed 185.2 and today I'm 182. Yesterday I ate a sweet potato and ice cream............ go figure.

I'm still working on getting better at this UDDD thing. But I think my down days are not going to be as dramatic as Johnson suggests they should be. I'm thinking 600-800 calories is going to be more in my comfort zone. At least for a while until I get used to going 36 hours on so little food. Up days are still only about 1400-1500 calories, cuz thats my typical satiety level. Unless I have something off the grid --- like some cheesecake or ice cream.

Any opinions?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wish I had some answers. I have never lost weight after eating too many carbs. lol

However, I have recently been adding healthy carbs every few days to see if I stay in ketosis.

PrimalCon New York
    I'm trying to stay with healthy carbs......... the ice cream was a slip. I wanted a taste - and ate a bowl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.