Page 190 of 463 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 4629

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 190

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Well............ I really feel the need to severely cut back on food for a few days. I plan to do 5 days of calorie deprivation - eating 500-800 calories a day of good healthy food. Then on the weekend I will eat normally again. Then do the same next week. Then I'm going to do the UDDD from there. It won't hurt anything for me to spend a few days in a semi-fasting state. Yesterday I ate 8.25 ounces of home smoked turkey and had a dark chocolate snack in the evening. I will do something similar all week. Except probably not the dark chocolate. I'd rather eat my carbs in the way of a sweet potato or some nice roasted veggies!!! Hot tea with stevia throughout the day should help stave off the hunger pangs - but I need to do de-caf cuz my first cup of tea this morning is already giving me a buzz!!! I don't like that manic brain from caffeine rushing through my veins! I feel that my system needs a bit of a shock, and I'm hoping a couple weeks of semi-fasting will do it. I'd like to take off a good 5 pounds over the next couple weeks. I'm not putting any emphasis on macros, except to keep carbs low. I'm tracking, but I'm not gonna worry about fat/protein amounts - just keeping it low carb. Meat and veggies.

I'm sitting here at the diningroom table, watching a guy install a pump in our well. We've had a well in our front yard forever!! but have never used it because the pump died many many years ago (when ex wife was still here). So we decided to spend $1200 and have a pump dropped so we can use this water source for watering the yard - for only the cost of the power to run the pump. We figure it will pay for itself in about 3 years since paying the city for water during the summer can get quite expensive!!! They charge for the water - and then they charge double that for sewer and storm drain cost! Even though the water isn't going into the sewer or the storm drains - its going into the ground!!! So, a July water/sewer bill can be nearly $300 if I'm really wanting to keep my yard looking lush and green. And with putting in a veggie garden this year I will need to water even more. Hubby is getting me some really nice, very light weight hoses, since we will be needing about 300 feet of hose now. And dragging around my old heavy ones is really not fun. I'm very much looking forward to using the well water and not having to think about the bill thats coming!

I have to take Zeus to the vet today. His nails need cut - and Tuesdays are discount nail cutting day. $8 is worth a trip to the vet cuz then I don't have to wrestle with him to do it myself! He's such a baby when it comes to having his nails cut. But, he'll shed all over the back on my Pathfinder - and I hate that! Dogs........... I love him, but I'm starting to wonder what life will be like without him. He's a basset hound - lifespan is only 7-9 years. He'll be 6 years old in November - so he's basically an old man now! We've noticed he's starting to slow down - losing the crazy energy he used to have. He still likes to play, but after 10 minutes he's done. His hip dyplasia doesn't seem to be getting worse so thats good But we will have to be mindful of how much pain he is in - we won't let him suffer. He isn't able to take pain meds cuz he just throws them right back up. So, when the pain is really effecting his quality of life we'll have to do that really hard thing - take him for the shot that will end his suffering. :*( We won't get another dog for a long time. If ever. I like the thought of no dog hair, no dog slobber, no dog poop. No dog food to buy, no dog beds to wash. No dog sitters when we want to be out of town overnight. No dog licenses to buy or vaccines to give. But - with that also comes - no dog to love or play with. I do love dogs!!! But I'm okay with not having one for a time. This summer will be a challenge with taking Zeus to the lake on the weekends. Since we don't have any kids at home anymore we don't have a built in dog sitter. We anchor out in the lake so getting him to shore to do his "business" several times a day is going to be difficult. We do have a large inflatable tow thing - you know that you tow people on - he can ride on that and we can pull him with a kayak We're going to get him a canine life jacket too, so maybe he could just swim to shore next to the kayak! Or we could swim with him - thats probably the best idea yet! then we'd ALL get some good exercise. I'm not the greatest swimmer, but I do have a lifejacket.

I'm blabbering --- I'm having one of those mornings where I just need to let my brain wander - sorry for the boring post.

Last night oldest step daughter (23) came over. Oh my gosh that girl can TALK. She doesn't listen well, but she sure can talk! She came at about 8:30, stayed till 10:30 and talked non-stop the entire time. And all she talks about is herself. She has never once asked us about what is happening in our lives. I could be dying of cancer and she wouldn't know anything about it cuz she is so wrapped up in her own little world. Self centered to the max. If we try to interject something about us into the conversation she glazes over and changes the focus back to her. Every time she leaves I remember why its so nice that she isn't living with us anymore. Youngest step daughter (20) isn't much different - but she doesn't talk incessantly about herself - she's more quiet. She doesn't ask about our lives either - they have both been "blessed" with their mothers self-centeredness. I see very little of their father in them. Sad. They would be much better people if they had more of their dad in their personalities.

This Sunday is my son's birthday. He's turning 28! I noticed he's getting a bit thin on the crown! Weird to have a child who is no longer a child. He's still single......... still never been in a relationship. But he's trying I think he's on a couple dating sites now. but he's pretty busy with work and being a homeowner and landlord, so time for pursueing a woman is pretty low on his priority list. Today he's dealing with leaky pipes and has a plumber cutting holes in his walls and fixing things. He called to ask me what I know about repairing drywall. Good thing I've got some experience with that.

Does anyone else think the activity on the forum has slowed a LOT! The Eat More Fat thread sure has!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That's because most of the posters have changed over to JUDDD. lol

oh........... I'm walking both sides of the fence on this one! So I'm still reading both threads. By the way --- I'm glad your break was a short one! You were missed.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - my N=1 experiment continues. Day 2 of low-calorie eating went very well. I ate eggs and bacon and cheese for dinner. I few bites of pork rinds and sour cream too. Calories ended up around 600.

Day 3 is starting off with some pretty serious hunger pangs. Dinner will be a sushi roll. I always get something with salmon and cream cheese. I'm looking forward to it!

Thursday will be salmon and veggies - Friday will be roasted chicken and veggies.

The bloat in my tummy has gone away But the scales are still not budging. I guess I can't expect too much in such a short period of time. Maybe in a few days I will see a drop? Hope so.

The pump in our well is all installed and ready for the power cord to be installed - then we can use it! Its an "on-demand" system - so, we have to remember to have the sprinkler attached and ready to use before we turn on the power - otherwise it will build pressure and blow out the pressure release valve. It will be so nice to water the lawn and not have to think about the water meter spinning! Yeah! Now I need to build a cover for it.

Yesterday was busy at work. I actually worked 5 hours! Hopefully today will be busy as well. The more hours I work, the faster I will pay off the mortgage - and the sooner I will get to stop working!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Tomi, I successfully headed off another UTI in the making with ACV. When I realized that was what was going on, I poured ACV in a glass. Just shy of 3 or 4 tablespoons. I didn't measure. Topped it off with water, held my breath, chugged some of it, added more water and chugged the rest down. This time I didn't have to repeat but in the past I have done it three or four times in the day. The bacteria like an alkiline environment so the ACv acidifies it and kills them off. The trick is to start when you first notice symptoms. Once you've got it licked you can either use a daily maintenance dose or take cranberry capsules.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Honeybuns - thanks for the tip - and glad to hear you were able to stop it before you got sick! Next time I feel one coming on I will remember what to do! I found adding a heaping spoonful of Stevia made it much more palatable.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. Sorry to hear about Zeus's hip pain. Is it possible for him to take a low dose aspirin? Our dog has arthritis from a fall and consequent running over he took as a pup (he jumped out of the back of my truck and went under the back wheel). Xrays showed a cracked hip and broken pelvis, (or maybe it was broken hip and cracked pelvis??? can't remember). Vet said there was nothing that needed to be done b/c the breaks were clean and still lined up, so rest was the only treatment. Anyway, b/c of that, he gets really stiff at times. Brad is giving him a low dose aspirin (81 mg) 2x daily in some cheese per the vet's recommendation. It's helping a lot with his stiffness. Maybe Zeus would be able to keep it down? We get the chewable kind.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn thats a great suggestion. We've tried Rimadil (or some version of that spelling) - its a pain killer for dogs. He upchucks it. We tried glucosamine for dogs and he upchucks that too. The thing with Basset Hounds........... their stomach and their mouth is constantly at the same level so they throw up very easily. If he's just gone outside and drank water out of the pond - he will very likely burp and spit up some of the water. Its just a hazzard of having a Basset. But I will definitely try the low dose aspirin - we have a bottle that we have both stopped taking due to the association with macular degeneration.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    If you get a chewable one, he might be less likely to puke it up b/c they dissolve faster. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Missing Link Hip and Joint. Believe me, it makes a tremendous difference. All three of mine are on it. Moose is on Missing Link Skin and Coat as well.

The Missing Link - Home Read the testimonials.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.