Page 187 of 463 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4628

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 187

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Hope you are feeling better today!!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    @ Jenn: We enjoyed being at BWW - the atmosphere was good - although the music was a bit loud - and our company was fun to be with (went with neighbors) the service was great --- but the food was mediocre. We decided not to bother going there again. Dropped $50 for what we felt was a glorified fast food meal. The Teriyaki smelled and tasted like vinegar. And the Honey BBQ had way too much chili powder in it. The onion rings were great, but thats about it. $8 for a beer! $7 for a Mojito that tasted like flavored water.

@ Val: I think you should try this JUDDD to see if it can help you break the chips addiction. You gotta stop eating those things girl!!! So bad for you! Have you tried making your own yet? Have you tried Pork Rinds instead of chips? I have a friend who makes BEET chips! You should try that maybe!

I am feeling better today. I drank 3/4 of the jug of cranberry juice - needless to say, my macros were all terribly off yesterday. Total calories weren't that bad - 1200 total. But way low on fat and high on carbs. I still feel a little like I'm getting a UTI so will drink a LOT of water today. I may pick up some cranberry capsules at the store on my way to work. The cranberry juice made my legs ache last night - probably the sugars. I did buy NO ADDED SUGAR so that had to help - but still, LOTS of natural sugar in there!

I've decided to give this Alternate Day Diet a try - using the principles of primal as my base. I'm starting with down day - so today is my 500 calorie day. I did some reading on a few blogs/websites/forums and it seems like a good thing. Its basically IFing on a schedule. Only not completely IFing .............. calorie deprivation on a schedule. It almost seems less shocking to the system when you're feeding it 500 calories as opposed to ZERO calories. I'd like to know Mark's thoughts on the whole concept. Maybe I'll message him and see if I get a response. Of course I don't agree with Johnson's opinion that on UP day anything is permissible as long as you don't over-eat. I mean - I could eat really bad stuff on up day and I'm sure it would totally negate down day. So, I'll eat healthy both UP and DOWN days and see what happens. He says don't wiegh everyday - only once a week. So, since Friday has always been my accountability by way of the scale day - I will keep that day. I'll weight this Friday and use that number as my starting point for this N=1 experiment. I need to subscribe to the thread Sabine started so I can stay in touch with others doing this.

I decided to try this JUDDD because I'm stuck in the low 180's. I know some of my choices are whats keeping me from dropping. I'm certainly NOT saying I'm in a plateau - cuz I know better! So, I will do this from now until the end of April and see how it goes. If I'm losing then I will stay with it. I don't think I will be able to do the high fat on the down days - maybe if I eat only cream cheese clouds for dinner............ yummy! My plan for down day is to eat 1 egg fried in 1 TB butter for breakfast ---- then drink hot tea to keep something in my stomach. Dinner will be a small portion of meat (3 oz of ground beef for example) and a normal portion of steamed or roasted veggies. That puts me at 497calories with 59% fat, 29% prot, 13% carbs. I will be good to myself and use the Kerrygold for this day! That will be my little treat for the down day!

I'm not dropping the EMF idea -- I'll just do that on UP day. But I guess I need to start allowing myself more calories on UP day - cuz I don't think 1200 is enough. I'll check out the formula again and see what it suggests.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your experiment. I'm considering giving NK a break and just sticking to LC, but not sure yet. Planning to change my gym routine to heavy lifting and see if that will break my stall. I've been stuck in the 180's since August and ready for a change of scenery. A friend I've followed on SparkPeople, then on MFP, and now on Fitocracy hit a plateau for a year and a half and no matter what she tried (low calories, Paleo, high cardio, etc) none of it worked until she found a barbell. Once she discovered the barbell, things changed and she has now exceeded her weight loss goal and looks amazing. So, that's my plan. To pick up a barbell and see what happens.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Maybe I will try adding that to my tools as well.

We just cross-posted!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I have successfully headed off UTI's by drinking ACV in water. This worked better for me than cranberry did. This was AFTER I had three UTI's in a row and the antibiotics did nothing!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

hum............. I wonder if I have any ACV? (looking..........) OH I DOOOOO~!!! How much????? I just poured about 2 TB in a full glass of water.......... icky.......... I hate vinegar!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    1-2 tbsp is probably good. Good for your lack of gall bladder too . I actually like the taste, usually just do 1 tbsp though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

OH MY GOSH its VIAL! YUCKY............ but I'll drink it if it will ward off the UTI! Bleck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

All I can do it sip........ and squint........ and sip............. and squint! and shake my head - and grimace!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hold your nose and drink! ACV+water is supposed to very cleansing.

I think I am going to start the JUDDD on Monday. I am heading to my family tomorrow and that is enough stress w/out adding food changes I love my family and can't wait to see the kids but my mother apparently is in full blown martyr mode and I have zero patience for that. And yes I hear you about the chips. I have tried making my own and it does help. Maybe that's what I will eat on my down days on the JUDDD
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs