Page 184 of 462 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4620

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 184

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks girls! I do feel pretty amazing! And I've told the hubby - I'm not having an rum this weekend! hopefully he won't bring any home.

I walked 2.5 miles this afternoon and I'm going to try to get in another couple miles this evening. Hopefully hubby will feel like going with me when he gets home. If we can beat the rain that would be even better! I'm pretty stoked about the scale dropping - cuz I have been and a stall for far too long (rum has to be the culprit!) If I keep the momentum going I can still be close to making my goal weight by the end of July. That would be so freakin' awesome! I'm planning to be in shorts this summer - and maybe even a bathing suit at the lake!

dirty little secret about to be told: for YEARS I've had this deep secret desire to get thin again and have hubbies EX just dying of jealousy!!!! She's not "fat" but she's got a few extra pounds on her! She carries it below the waist. When she was having her affair she lost all kinds of weight, hubby thought she looked anorexic! he overheard her telling a friend - "the best way to lose weight is to get a boyfriend!" (can we all say "HO!!!!!!" ????) but, since marrying the "boy toy" she's gained it all back. I want to make her squirm a bit!!!

Ok -- now you all know my aweful side. Yes, I hate his ex. She's evil!

Oh dear - must come back from the dark side!!!!!

Dinner tonight is Tai Stir Fry (chicken and veggies with some bacon thrown in!) Yummy!

Here's a little tid bit you might be interested in................. I found on Netflix a catagory called "steamy romance"!!! I think they are basically "nearly X" rated movies. We're watching one tonight. I can handle the sex scenes - but not the SHOW IT ALL stuff! ewww!
    I'm hoping this will help ramp up the old libido a bit more!!! I'll let you know if it works!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, if you like the Kerrygold, Costco has a three pack for a really good price!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thanks, Honeybuns! We were about to go out there and pick up a few things!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I like your evil side and when you get there honey flaunt it If she has any sense she should be jealous now..after all you got all the good out of her life and she got stuck w/ her own nastiness. Not to mention you are just a better woman overall
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Val - I can tell we would be good friends - were not 3500 miles between us!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

So -- I'm on another walking frenzy!! I put another 2.25 miles on my walking shoes this morning. Spent almost 1/2 of it on the phone with my (cousin) accountant discussing tax crap. UGH - we're gonna owe this year. I was so hoping it would be similar to last year and we would break even - but nope - the boatshop did well this year, and my measly paychecks from my 2 part time jobs don't take out any Fed. tax so we ended up owing. I need to change my W4 and have them take out enough each month to cover those danged taxes. That will cut into my plans to pay off the mortgage and I will have to come up with a way to re-coup that money. I wish I had some "skill" that I could use to make money - some hobby that would result in some residual income. I have a friend who makes and sells Cake Balls! They are good if you can take the super sweetness. I think she sells them for $2 per ball.

Weight was back to 181.6 this morning. I'm banking on that being a little inflamation from all the walking. 8.25 miles in the past 3 days! (total since Dec 1st = 132 miles.) I've been counting calories and macros and I know its not actual weight gain - unless my BMR is somewhere in the 800 range! That would SUCK! I need to have a bigger calorie deficit on a daily basis if I'm going to take off this weight. Yesterday I ate 1461 calories - cuz I snacked on cream cheese clouds in the evening. Without those I would have been right at 1200. At 30 calories each they aren't a big issue - but suck down 10 of them and it changes everything quickly! I'm going to back to not having these little gems on hand. Or else I need to militantly RATION them on a daily basis.

I think its about time to schedule a hiking day! There is a trail we've been wanting to explore up near an old mining town. Its supposed to be pretty easy trail. And then I want to go to Silver Falls State Park and hike the 7 mile 10 falls trails. I haven't been up there in about 25 years.

Good news to report on my son! He has 2 rooms rented and now occupied - and a probable renter for the 3rd and final room! My son is a landlord! I'm so freakin' proud of him. He's gone from being in the pit of anxiety and barely able to leave the house (just 3 years ago) to taking control of his life and look at what he's accomplished! He feels pretty darn good about it too! This is what a parent prays for - the time when all the love and hard work shows in a well balanced, successful adult child! I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and trust that I did a good job!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Yes we would Anytime you are in Florida .........

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Val - I can tell we would be good friends - were not 3500 miles between us!
    Woohoo about your son! That is amazing news...What a joy to watch our children build their own lives.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    We all have a bit of a vindictive side, I think . I definitely have some joy over getting engaged before my sister and that my grandmother seems to favor me over her, if I'm being truly honest. I love my sister and I wish her the best, I just don't think she's on the best path right now!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

well - at least we can be honest about our less than desirable traits.

TMI warning: HAUTE SEXY WEEKEND with the hubby! The dong quai seems to be working

Weight - no change. Food yesterday was different than normal. We went to church and then came home and made a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and hashed browns. LOTS of butter! I was full all day! We snacked a bit through out the day and didn't even bother making dinner.

Tonight we're going to Buffalo Wild Wings with our friends. I hope they have something not too terribly offensive to Primal. I've never been there - its sorta new to the area I guess.

I'm brain dead today..................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Check on line. I think they are fairly primal. Yea about the weekend! Glad that works!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs