Page 183 of 565 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5641

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 183

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Passing on Padington's-- I'm impressed! Pizza still, occasionally, calls my name.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Coll!

Marcadav - I was really shocked that I didn't want to eat any of it. Padingtons has been one of my favorite pizza joints for many years! But, it just didn't call to me this time. Even the smell didn't make me say.......... mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! PIZZA! I was rather pleased with myself for not even wanting any.

I'm sitting here waiting for a guy to come give me an estimate for sinking a pump into our already existing well. It got capped off about 18 years ago cuz the pump broke (hubby and the ex) and its just a big pipe in the way of mowing now! But I want to sink a pump with an on demand power source for watering the lawn and gardens. Why pay for the water when we can get it out of the ground for just the cost of the power to run the pump???? Wish he'd get here!!! I'm guessing it will be around $1000 - but the water bill can get up to $400 in the summer if I'm not conserving on the yard - well, it used to when we had all the kids home. It wouldn't run that much now - probably $200. So, it could take a few years to recoup the money. To be honest I just hope to pick his brain enough to be able to do it ourselves. My brother-in-law set his own well pump and says he can help us. But hubby might want to have it done by the professionals. ????

Dinner tonight is going to be this and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm making roasted brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini to go with it. YUM!

I LOVE the way we eat now!

I'm feeling bloated today - not sure why though. Weight was the same this morning 181.6. I'm so anxious to see the number drop under 180 and stay there!! I'm committed to eating right - staying in my macros goal range - and seeing this weight go away! I'll walk after this dude gives me an estimate on the well - and then maybe again tonight with the hubs. I know my goal of getting this weight off by my birthday is a real stretch --- but I'm gonna give it all I've got. If it doesn't happen then I can't blame it on lack of trying --- just on basic nature and metabolism. Gotta go crunch some numbers to see if this is even feasable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    you are doing great! And congrats on more hours. Do you think you can keep your pay off plan a secret for 8 more years? What brand of bras? I don't think I will ever find one that fits right.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    you are doing great! And congrats on more hours. Do you think you can keep your pay off plan a secret for 8 more years? What brand of bras? I don't think I will ever find one that fits right.
    Well, considering my husband leaves the finances 100% in my hands I think I can keep it under wraps. He knows my plan is to pay it off asap - but my plan is a bit more agressive than I discussed with him. I want to suprise him big time! I am SHOOTING for 8 years, but 10-12 is really more likely. With the re-fi its scheduled to pay off Jan. 2028 -- but with my entire paycheck plus any profit we have from the business, and the money from selling the 5th wheel -- I'm hoping to make that pay off around Oct. 2021 (our 20th anniversary). It will save a boatload in interest as well as make retirement totally doable! If my plan comes to fruition I will be presenting him with a free and clear mortgage -- and tickets to ???? someplace wonderful! And if our plans for the business work out - the guys who work for us will buy it when Dennis is ready to hang up his tools!

As for bra's........... the brand is Warners. and the tag on the hanger said "This is NOT a bra" or something to that effect. The band is soft and comfy!!!!! and the underwires don't dig into me at all. I will try to stay with the brand from now on. I have those "all under the nipple" type boobs. So I need to wear the "demi" style - but the don't make too many in the larger sizes. I just bought 38 C - perfect fit! If history is any indicator - I will end up a 34B when all is said and done. Alas --- my husband may spring for a boob job!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Holy cow!!!!! I walked 2.25 miles this afternoon - and another 1.25 miles with hubby this evening. If I figured my numbers right I have a total calorie deficit of 1173 calories. That should do something to the scales in the morning! Probably GO UP from the inflamation of walking so far!!!!

I'm going to TRY to start walking 2.25 miles in the AM and do the same in the PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Way to go!!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thanks, Pedi! I always love a cheerleader!

So -- (ddddddddddd drum roll ddddddddddddddd) 180.4 I'm down a pound from yesterday - and 3 pounds from 10 days ago. I'm happy with that.

I'm a little stiff in the ankles today but overall I'm feeling good and the 3.5 miles didn't do any damage

Today - its mom day. So I'm heading out in the few minutes to take her shopping/banking and whatever she needs to do. Then I'll come home and walk 2.25 miles - then I have committed to cleaning house today! Not a terrible big job - but I need to clean the bathroom counters and mirrors - a little vinegar and water with a drip of Dawn in a spray bottle and I'm good to go! The mirrors make for easy clean up with a professional squeegy that I bought 20 years ago. The WORST part about cleaning the bathroom is MOVING all the crap off the counter first! If I didn't have junk on the counter it would be a breeze to keep clean! And IF the weather holds I might try to get the lawn mower home from the tune up guy and do that this afternoon too. Then - another walk with hubby this evening. I'm feeling ambitious today!

I'm sleeping good!!!!! Earplugs drown out hubby's snoring. The mouth guard got put aside because it was messing with his TMJ. I'm awake and ready to get up at 6:30 most days now. I've noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level since I quit drinking rum. And I like feeling this way! I'm praying with continued weight loss and staying active I will see even more zip in my energy levels! Looking forward to a great summer of boating/hiking/kayaking/biking/walking.............. I plan to map out some good hiking trails up near the lake so we can do lots of day hikes!

Dinner last night was absolutely de-li-cious! If you haven't ever tried Halibut stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese - let me encourage to do so! I linked the recipe in yesterdays post. Its very simple and so so so so good! Cream cheese is a wonderful thing! Demuralist makes her own -- and I would love to, but I'm so affraid I'd come out with a yucky mess. I should try it just once.

Tonight is chicken/bacon stir-fry. YUMMY. I do love the way we eat now!

Okay off - to catch up on all your journals! Have a great day everyone!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay Tomi! Way to jump right back in.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Tomi, you are absolutely on FIRE and your ebullience is just STREAMING through every
    word you write! That is just FANTASTIC.

It's like you've tapped into my energy level and good mood that I have on a daily basis.

STOP STEALING! Hahahaha!

And hey, I was going to post in here yesterday: "hey, do you smell that? sniff, sniff.... yeah,
    that's right, I smell 179.something by Saturday".

But I didn't, cuz I didn't want to jinx anything... But now it looks like I could have!

That is SO GREAT that you haven't succumbed to the Devil's Swill, *I* am so proud of you, cuz
    I KNOW how hard it is - even when it's not really hard anymore, it's just a pattern that needs
    breaking, so that part is still weird. Like instead of cocktailing at 5pm., go to Target? What?
    WHO KNEW THEY WERE OPEN AT NIGHT! Ha.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm glad you're feeling so frisky and energetic. It is the BESTEST
    feeling EVER. Like rocket fuel.

Also, I love your clandestine plan to pay off your mortgage. Your husband is going to be so dang
    surprised, you'd better have 911 poised on your cell phone.

Oh what I would do to not have a mortgage anymore.......

Welp, keep up the good work, the wheelin' and dealing and the super duper
    positive attitude. Love it! You've inspired me even more for my day!

Julie

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    That girl is on fire! Love it! Congratulations!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs