Page 182 of 580 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 5800

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 182

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Honeybuns --- I'm so happy to have a professional at the ready to answer my questions! Yeah! Our pond is sorta kidney shaped - measures 14x20 at the widest and longest spots. We've thought about a net but except for that past 2 years we have always been able to keep up with the dropping leaves. We have a couple different sizes and styles of nets, and sometimes we just get in and clean it by hand. Its only 20" deep. We may try a net this fall if they make them big enough.

Thanks for the link for the tea! I'll check it out right now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Weight - 181.6 today. DOWN! I'm always pleased to see that! Still not at my primal low - but working to get there by the end of the month. Goal 177 by the 31st. I'm pretty sure I can get there. Yesterday was a good day! Numbers all fell right in the nose for my goal and I walked 1.2 miles too. Today is pouring down rain! If I walk its going to be with the big umbrella or else put on the raingear! Its Oregon - and its Spring! Time to get WET!

We're meeting friends tonight at Padingtons Pizza. Hubby was kind enough to call ahead and make sure there was options for me to eat. They have a salad bar and said they would cook some chicken to put on it! These are hubby's friends from his college days - so I see them once every couple of years. Don't know them very well. Some of the wives have changed a few times over the years, so I know them even less. I don't want to go - as I have nothing in common with them - the men are all police officers (or retired) and I have no clue what the wives do, well one is Chief of Police! They all have younger children than us, and still bring them along. But, I go for hubby - cuz he would do the same for me. It's one night - no big deal. So, I have to plan ahead for the way I will eat today - since I'm having veggies and chicken for dinner. I'll need to do things a little different than normal.

Work is frustrating me! the manager says he's ready to start the project of scanning in old paperwork - but when I ask him to show me where to find it - he back peddles and says he needs to get it organized and ready for me. He's been saying that for a year! So, I'm still not getting enough hours to make my paycheck as big as I would like it to be. If I'm going to meet my goal of paying off the mortgage by our 20th anniversary I need to be making more money. I'm thinking of looking for another job. But, I like the "perks" I have with this one. I can sorta come and go as I please as long as I get the work done, and I have the freedom to say "no I won't do that" when they ask me to take on other duties - like working the front desk. There is an older lady doing medical records requests and scanning documents and when she leaves I will take over her duties - thats already been established between the manager and me. But I don't know when that will be. She has some medical issues, but they aren't so bad at this point that she is thinking of quiting. She works about 25 hours a week, but she's slow. I could probably do the job in 15 hours a week. That plus what I do now would definitely give me the hours I'm looking for to make my paycheck the size I'm needing to meet my goals. I may just have to try to find another p/t job to supplement. UGH! I could mornings for one place - then afternoons for the other. I'd have to change my fridays with mom to saturday morning. which would be fine cuz hubby works most saturdays mornings anyway. I don't know......... its all just rolling around in my head right now.

I'm waiting for the guy to come do our spring yard clean-up. Nice guy........ he has a boat and hubby barters - yardwork/boatwork. Its nice for me cuz I don't have to clean up the winter mess. We blow all the leaves off of the grass and leave them in the flowerbed to decay over the winter - nice for the soil and keeps down the weeds too. But come spring its a messy clean up. He should be coming soon - but we never know exactly when. I'm just ready to look out and see a nice manacured yard!

I'm just blabbering this morning............. boring non-primal stuff.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    IIRC = if I recall correctly.

I pay $4.99 for 8 oz of KG and think it is WELL worth the splurge. I've never had a better tasting butter. Melting the KG into ghee is awesome b/c it keeps the KG flavor, but without the dairy. I've never enjoyed ghee on a baked potato or veggies, but the cooked down KG tastes amazing on veggies and potatoes. Good luck with it. It takes quite a while to get it fully cooked down. I had it on the stove for at least an hour, but that allowed the solids to turn brown, which is what Practical Paleo says is necessary to make it ghee instead of "clarified butter". I guess clarified butter is not completely void of milk solids according to her book.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I want to try to the Kerrygold cuz I've heard its amazing - but I'm affraid if I try it I will be forever ruined to ordinary ole butter!

So, I decided to play it safe and "pre-eat" before going to the pizza place tonight. I'm eating 6 oz of salmon and and ounce of almonds. I should be able to fill in the remaining 400 calories for the day with salad at the pizza joint. I will likely go for the honey mustard dressing - call it part of my non-primal % which today would account to about 1%.

Work today was good - the manager assigned me 2 more jobs that will allow me to get in extra hours! I went to work expecting to be there less than 2 hours - but I filled the entire afternoon! So now that my duties are increasing I think I can manage to get in a good 20 hours a week. But to do that I will have to make sure I get to the office by noon - leave at 5. Thursdays will be 8:00 - 1:00. Part of the new assignment is sharing some work with the older lady in the office. Moving files (insulin pump results) into patient charts. Currently she is FAR behind on this job. When she gets to the point where she is no longer able to work I need to be trained in all that she does so I can easily transition into that area. The more hours I work, the closer I am to paying off the mortgage and to RETIRING! Well, except for the boatshop stuff. I can manage to work p/t for another 8 years if it means paying off the house! I'm so excited to start putting large amounts onto that principle and seeing it drop by leaps and bounds every month! Hubby still doesn't know about my very aggresive payoff plan. I'm not going to tell him.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

End of the day numbers are spot on again! I'm happy with that! Maybe tomorrow I'll see another drop on the scale and that will help me stay on target through the weekend. I ended up eating salad with honey mustard for dinner. The salad was basically a bowl of iceberg lettuce --- nutritionally void, but it gave me something to eat while everyone else ate pizza. Funny - what used to be my most favorite food in the entire world didn't even look appealing to me. I at a couple tiny little pepperoni's and a mouthful of cheese off the top of one piece - but never had the desire to bite into a slice! So - I can say I've successfully lost my love of pizza!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't hold it's appeal for me anymore, either Tomi. Hope you get some sleep - you were up late!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Pepperoni is definitely the most appealing part of a pizza. That and some nice broiled cheese, but not too much because I know my stomach will hate me for it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I prefer sausage to pepperoni. Glad you had a good time and are getting more hours at work. Hope you got some restful sleep. Being up at 3:30 and then turning around to work at 8 can't be easy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I was up because I was hungry! I ate some almonds and macadamia nuts and went back to sleep. I need to remember to eat something fatty before bed cuz I really can't sleep when I have that gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach! Maybe I'll make a batch of clouds just to keep for the last minute munch before bed.

Weight - still 181.6. Thats okay at least it didn't bounce back up!

Gotta go in for the morning shift so I'm out the door! happy day all! Stay primal!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are doing really well Tomi! Pretty cool that the weight is just inching down - and awesome job on paying off that mortgage early - what a fantastic goal. So glad you're getting more work after all!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."