Page 181 of 565 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 5646

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 181

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope you find that EMF works for you again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm all over the place today trying to decide what to do. But I think I've found my path. Full on Paleo to break the stall and then maybe I'll just stay there until I get to goal. Dairy is easy to take out of the equation - and if I don't take into account the pie from last month then I'm pretty much full on paleo anyway ............ I've given up rum, cream cheese clouds --- oh, I'll have to give up butter if I go full paleo. Holy crap -- this is complicated. need to do some more reading about full paleo.

Olive oil for cooking - or bacon grease.

full fat cuts of meat - chicken/turkey skin on

nut butters? need to check into that again. I just broke my habit of munching on almond butter.

nuts........ ?? almonds, macadamia (primal/paleo okay?) need to read Marks blog on nuts again.

need to go to work............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Nuts = ok
    Nut butters = ok
    Full fat meats = excellent
    Olive oil = salad dressing only
    Animal fat = excellent for cooking

Butter substitute - melt butter and keep heating until the white bits turn brown. Strain through cheese cloth and you have ghee. Amazing if you make it out of kerrygold or another high quality butter. I don't like store bought ghee much. Has a different flavor than kerrygold ghee.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    FYI I kept the butter. I don't count it as dairy due to low lactose content. Then again, I was not aiming at full on Paleo. I have about 2 Tbsp/Day. Ghee is definitely an option.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    So Ghee is not dairy?? That's confusing!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I have Ghee from the india supply store - but its so expensive - I try to save it for curry!!! I forgot butter was okay as long as dairy is tolerated. But since I can't do lactose I wonder if I should use straight ghee. Val - ghee is clarified butter - all the milk solids and water are removed. So its just pure fatty goodness! I could also make my own - as Jenn said. Might need to try it to see how good it comes out. I haven't brought myself to spend $5 on a 1/2 pound of Kerrygold. But I'm going to splurge just one time and see how I like it.

Dinner tonight is 6 oz. oven baked salmon with herbed butter (garlic and dill, salt and pepper) and roasted veggies. I measured out what we normally eat when I roast veggies - weighed EACH one separately and figured up the macros. A normal portion of a mix of cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, butternut and zucchini, peppers and red onions comes out to 124 calories, 29 carbs, 1 fat, 5 protein. So my end result is nearly spot on.

Calories:1227
    12% carbs
    68% fat
    21% protein

I realize that only totals 91% ---- so I'm figuring CalorieKing goes by net carbs.

Not bad for the first day back at tracking! Good start! Without cream cheese clouds I don't think I will get above 70% fat - I don't really like avocados much.

I'm very happy that I walked this morning cuz its pouring down rain now! and I really don't like to walk in the rain.

Hey - guess what? I finally found some good fitting bras!!!!! I must have tried on 15 bra's before I settled on this brand/style. AND they were on sale for $18.99 so I bought 2 - nude and black. The girls are very comfortable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, IIRC, Trader Joe's has Kerrygold butter for around $2.79.

awesome thanks, Marcadav!!!

Whats "IIRC" ?????
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, this fall, right before the leaves drop, drape netting over the pond. If you do it right you should be able to roll the leaves off of it but it will help to keep the debris out of the pond. Unless of course it is a big one! Did you try the barley straw contained?

I'm actually a professional horticulturist.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.