Page 180 of 582 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5816

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 180

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I decided to do a little research on these 3 new supplements - black cohosh, evening primrose oil, and dong quai. I only got to evening primrose oil............ and have found several studies, although small, and not duplicated - they show promising effects of EPO on weight loss. The bottle says to take 3 jell caps - 3 times a day. I'm ON IT!

I saw on one board women were discussing the EPO and DQ and several women mentioned the increase in libido with the DQ. I'll be taking the max dose recommended for that as well!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think Cori has taken DQ (or does?). I read about it as another option instead of Vitex. My doc told me to try Vitex because it's more effective in her experience, but I'm still menstruating so I'm sure that is a factor to take into consideration!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Be interested to hear how the EPO works. I have found that when I don't count calories I eat just enough to maintain my weight. Which would be lovely if I didn't need to lose 50 pounds But I agree with you that sometimes you have to just live and not become so obsessive about the numbers.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I'll let you know how its going on both counts!

OH MY GOODNESS! I just ate way to much roasted veggies! I'm stuffed! But yummy were they good.

I haven't walked in a week. I'm feeling it too. Tomorrow I'm going to force myself out that door!

Zues has found a new way to avoid eating his dog food -- he pushes the bowl under his bed. He cracks me up!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Dogs are funny. Ours refuse to go to bed until they get their treat! Roasted veggies - yum; I don't think I've had a roasted veggie I've not liked.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    My wife take Black cohosh for post-menopausal symptoms and according to her, it helps.... doesn't completely relieve it, but her "private summers" are a little less summer-like when she takes it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Private Summers... I like that. That's funny.

Great news about Son! Glad he's doing well and things are moving right along for him.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, barley straw for the pond issues

Mountain Rose Herbs has a tea for menopausal issues that contains all of the things mentioned.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, listen to Honeybuns about the pond. She's a biologist of sorts.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dogs... and cats!!! ........... what would we do without our furry little friends. Last night Zeus wanted his bedtime bone, but wouldn't finish his dinner - so I told him "No bone until you eat all your dinner!" He went to his bowl - barked at it for a couple minutes then ate it. Then he came running back to me all excited to tell me he was ready for his bone! For a Bassett Hound - he's pretty smart!!!

I might look for that tea - but I've never seen that brand where I shop. Is it in the health food section maybe?

The night sweats seem to be easing up already. I've only been on the supplements for a few days that so that is certainly encouraging!

We tried Barley straw - it just makes the water turn a golden brownish color, but doesn't seem to help clear things up. The biggest problem is the decaying matter on the bottom of the pond. Two years in a row I was not well enough to get out there and keep the leaves and stuff cleared out of the pond in the fall so there is a build up of green gunk in the bottom. Some of it is too tiny for the inline skimmer/filter system to sift out, and some of it is just too large and heavy to get carried off and filtered out. We have invented a filtration system that we are going to try this weekend. Hubby bought a masserator (its a toilet waste "grinder" for boats). We have put together a large filter system using a 30 gallon storage containter (think Rubbermaid blue box), using lava rock at the bottom, then a layer of quilting batting, then 6 inches of pond filter media. We'll pump the water through the masserator, which will grind up any leaves and other junk, then that will flow through the filter box and it will drain (hopefully pure and clean) back into the pond! I have a bit of McGyver in me! If all goes well we will have a clean, clear pond to start the season. This year we will be adding lots of pond plants!! We normally do, but the last 2 seasons they haven't done well.

Anyway....... weight still holding at 183. Dang it! I'm adjusting my macros a little to see if tweaking a bit will get things moving again. And I'm back to tracking now. I took 2 weeks off - and it felt good! I stayed on track and I didn't gain, so I know I wasn't over eating at all. But I also didn't lose, so I guess I'm not doing things right yet. I've been stuck in the low 180s for 6 months now. That leads me to the conclusion that the Eat More Fat thing isn't working for me. Okay - I can't truly say that because the entire time I've been trying to Eat More Fat - I've also still been drinking alcohol. So, I'm going to do 3 more months on the EMF plan WITHOUT the alcohol and see if I get anywhere. In the past 9 days I drank 1 night. We have NO alcohol in the house and I've asked hubby not to buy anymore. I don't "crave" it, and if its not in the house I don't really even think about it - but if its here, I will drink it. Same with ice cream. If we don't have any - I'm good to go - but if its in the house - it is constantly calling to me! Whats up with that anyway? GRRR!

I'm working on NOT snacking at all between meals. I've stopped making the cream cheese clouds and I haven't touched the 2 bags of pork rinds for days! I broke my habit of munching on almond butter and almonds -- yeah me! I'm not going to worry about overall calories too much - just going to focus on keeping my macros in the right balance. According to the Keto Calculator (see Eat More Fat thread) I should be shooting for a balance of 40 grams of carbs, and 85 grams each of protein and fat. Thats 1265 calories. I know that sounds low - but I know from years of experience, if I go above 1500 I stall, and if I go above 1800 I gain. I'm blessed with a very slow metabolism (runs in my family - 3 fat sisters!) So, thats what I'm shooting for - even if I don't get that much total calories I want my balance to be 13% carbs, 27% protein and 60% fat. Three months clean eating with NO alcohol should show some results. I checked the keto stix a few days ago and I was at "small". Maybe in another few days I'll check again. I know I'm going to find the "sweet spot" that Mark talks about. Boy - this N=1 thing is hard. It would so much easier if we all fit into the same mold!

I'm still in my size 14 jeans, and I don't have any summer clothes that will fit me at this size. I need to take off some weight fast so I have clothes to wear when the weather starts to warm up. I don't want to have to buy capris and summer tops in a bigger size just because I haven't lost enough weight to get into the clothes hanging in my closet!! I need to take off about 15 pounds, maybe 20 to be able to fit into everything comfortably.

I'm dressed and ready to walk............ so out the door I go!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation