Page 179 of 460 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4600

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 179

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ugh, sorry about the blood work experience.

The beer tasting is in 2 oz mini cups, so that isn't so bad.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the phlebotomy disaster. Why so upset about it, though? It's not like you're forever scarred or damaged by it. And like you said - you're a hard patient b/c of tiny veins and dehydration. Look at it this way, she was able to find blood and fill those vials when no one else was. Things like that happen. Not worth getting upset about.

I'm a regular blood donor and every 4th time or so I experience venal issues or phlebotomist issues. Coulda been worse - you could have bled all over the floor like one time I had while in the army. I volunteered my veins for combat lifesaver training and the guy who practiced on me was a paramedic in the non-army world. He put the needle and catheter into my arm, but wasn't quick enough with the tubing. I bled out through the catheter all over the floor - and then had to clean up the mess myself b/c he booked it out of the room. Once at the blood bank, the girl perforated my vein (she was in her 50's) and a huge bubble formed under my skin. She saw this and pulled the needle out. When she did this, blood started squirting out of my arm, all over the floor and even onto her glasses.

Digging hurts, but it's not worth getting that upset about. They can't see under the skin, so they have to go by feel and guess - and veins roll. Like I said - she was successful when no one else was.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Getting blood drawn makes me uncomfortable in general. If it took longer than necessary or hurt more than usual, my anxiety would go through the roof. Not really a response I can control. I do what I can by looking away and breathing evenly. It's not a phobia, it's just the idea of a needle entering skin (different with tattoo machines) makes me cringe. I have to look away when that is shown in films/TV.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I once fainted when they couldn't get blood from my arm so went for my hand instead.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    LOL...I should have know that. I danced holding a small child yesterday. Does that count??
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    LHT = Lift Heavy Things! I have a bowflex that just sits and draws dust......... I need to using the dang thing!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    LOL...I should have know that. I danced holding a small child yesterday. Does that count??
    Absolutely!

Sorry about the bad blood draw thing. That is so discouraging. I got a flu shot from a nurse in the ER where I work a couple of years ago (he is no longer there) and it took effing forever and hurt like bloody hell! This is weird because flu shots are virtually painless and very quick. I found out afterward that he was well known for his butcher-like tendencies! Nice guy, though. Sh*t with a needle. I'm a respiratory therapist and don't do venous draws, but I do arterial sticks for blood gases. Fairly nasty procedure but I pride myself on doing it well. Not normally done as a routine thing, usually you are pretty sick when you get one of these. Anyway, this too shall pass - hope there is no bruise.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ugh to the bad sticks. I had to get blood drawn yesterday. Two people probbing and tapping, and feeling and praying. Nothing. The third person called on the force and found a vein. But it was tricky. My veins are small and like to hide. But, just to be perverse, right now as I am typing this, I look down at the backs of my hands, and big blue veins are bulging up. Taunting me, I guess. They were nowhere to be seen yesterday.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    absolutely!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    How's your arm, Tomi?
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I used to do phlebotomy in my work as a research coordinator - so I do understand that some people can just be really difficult draws. I also know I AM one of those difficult draws. Plenty of horror stories in my past too. Yes, I have a bruise - but its only about the size of a quarter - no bruises from the first 3 sticks. Next time I will make sure to drink a very large glass of water before I go for a blood draw. Life goes on...........

I fell into a bucket of ice cream over the weekend! I didn't eat very much and haven't seen terrible damage - but was hurting a bit last night. The pain starts in my feet and creeps up my legs and into my hips. its very weird. Lasted about an hour or so and then went away.

Weight today 183 still. Yesterday morning I was pleased to see 181.4 -- that didn't last. I think maybe a little inflamation from the sugar in the ice cream. Maybe by weeks end it will have passed. I'm roasting a chicken for dinner, and will have roasted veggies also. I'm still not tracking my calories and it feels really good to see that I can manage to not overeat even when not tracking. Its been 3 weeks now and I'm doing well.

The house is void of rum and I've asked hubby to keep it that way. Lets see if he complies. We ate out twice this week and I had only water to drink.

Went to my sons yesterday to help him with some more house repairs. Hubby put in 3 new locks on the bedrooms and I did some misc fixes here and there. My son was very grateful for the help and the company - believe he is feeling a little lonely. He has 2 of the bedroom rented out now and the new tennants will be moving in by the end of the month. Only one bedroom left to rent out and he has 2 people in line for that. Hopefully by the first of the month he will have a full house. The rental income should cover his mortgage, taxes and insurance - and most of the household utilities. Not bad.

A group of crows have discovered our fish pond. They are bathing in it right now. Good thing crows don't eat fish!!!

Gotta get moving! have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.