Page 178 of 522 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 5218

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 178

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Girls! Tomi, I am so proud of you for ditching the alcohol. I have issues when I go out with my husband. He seems to think that all bets are off as far as my eating program is concerned. His "C'mon, Just a little won't hurt" philosophy is killing me. I told him "No More". The problem is that on March 24th we are going to a craft beer tasting event. EEEK! There will be cheese there too and I am about to give up dairy.

BTW I just put up a review of The Rosedale Diet in my journal.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey Girls! Tomi, I am so proud of you for ditching the alcohol. I have issues when I go out with my husband. He seems to think that all bets are off as far as my eating program is concerned. His "C'mon, Just a little won't hurt" philosophy is killing me. I told him "No More". The problem is that on March 24th we are going to a craft beer tasting event. EEEK! There will be cheese there too and I am about to give up dairy.

BTW I just put up a review of The Rosedale Diet in my journal.
    you can spit... you don't have to swallow... it is called a TASTING... not a DRINKING after all.... lol That way you can 2 fist it... one in each hand... one to swill from and one to spit in!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Tomi!

Just wanted to pop in here with a discovery....

So, you know how I went on the wagon, okay, well, and then promptly fell off
    (which you didn't know but now you do).

So I don't know about YOU, but for me, the next day after wine time I totally crave
    HORRIBLE THINGS that will knock me out of ketosis.

The usual greazy delicious CARBY things that I MUST have... like potato chips, or
    Western Bacon Cheeseburgers from Carl's Jr... Har.

Okay, so today, after a beer and two glasses of wine last night, I felt it coming on
    so I had some bouillon with half a tablespoon of butter in it, and OMG, not only was
    it the SALT that I guess I needed (been procrastinating on that part of the EMF NK
    protocol) but the BUTTER made it nice and fatty and it was delicious.

The best part? My cravings for Stupid Shit have left the building! I can't freaking believe it.

I *may* have to have some more bouillon and butter later to ward off the sneaky
    post dinner munchie cravings for crap, but for now, good god, so freeing.

So anyway, I'm spamming you this information just in case YOU succumb to the same
    sorta stuff *I* to the next day after cocktails.

I've come to the realization that my cocktailing ways are going NOWHERE, but at least
    I can curtail them to once a week..... so.... no wagon ride for me right now.

Was going to post all this in the EMF thread, but figured I just wanted to basically
    tell YOU, so I searched for your journal.

Okie dokie, spamming over!

Hope you're doing well,

Julie
    Thanks for this, I needed a reminder that a nice hot cup of bone broth is good for so many things and I need to keep it around. Can't get too many reminders that basics are important!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    you can spit... you don't have to swallow... it is called a TASTING... not a DRINKING after all.... lol That way you can 2 fist it... one in each hand... one to swill from and one to spit in!
    EEEEWWW. Not very Lady like.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Who wants to be a lady!? Be a beer-spittin' WOMAN!

If I am tasting good beer, then I am going to swallow.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm liking the spitting idea. I've never been able to spit. Well, not properly. Maybe now that I'm primal I will be able to master this skill!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You girls! making me laugh with all this talk about spitting!

Here's my suggesting, P. SIP - don't DRINK. Take a sip or two of each of the different beers you want to try. Then, put the glass down or let hubby finish it. After 5 or 10 of those - he'll be so *hitfaced he won't realize you aren't drinking along with him. AND you can drive home unincumbered by the festivities. As for the cheese........... same goes. Nibble don't bite.

Go and have a great time!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

weight at the doc was 183 fully clothed, less shoes. Thats what I weight at home in my birthday suit - so don't quite know whats up with that. Either my scale is off - or theirs is. I would LOVE to say mine is - but there is no "adjustment" to make it match the docs so I don't know what to do about it. Substract 2 pounds maybe? I don't know, maybe they have theirs set a little off to compensate for clothes. I'll just stay with the reading I'm getting at home. that way when I go to the doctor I will get a nice surprise.

We're going to home and garden show today yeah!
    Last edited by tomi; 03-16-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

My doctors visit was good. Although I was a bit dehydrated so giving blood was an adventure! I have small veins to begin with - so if I'm the slightest bit dehydrated its a challenge for even the BEST phlebotomist. I got stuck twice at the doctors office and then they sent me to the Quest lab. I went to the one I THOUGHT was run by a friend of mine.......... turned out the lady that used to work in my office was at that one. UGH! She's got to be the worst phlebotomist in the world! Last time she drew my blood I had a bruise 6" long and 3 inches wide!!! I swore I would not have her do it again! So, I went to the one I though John was working at. I walked in and my heart sunk. She poked me once, missed. And she isn't gentle! I'm not squeemish about blood draws, but when she does it - it freakin' HURTS! Second time she fished until she found gold. She needed 3 tiger tops........... she lost the blood flow after 2 vials. She went for the surface vein --- it collapses!!! UGH.......... I won't ever be going back to that office again! So -- thats was traumatic. I stopped by the boatshop so hubby could give me a hug.

As for other stuff............ I'm going to black cohosh and evening primrose for the hot flashes and night sweats and hopefully it will boost my libido too! That would be a give in itself!

I sorta ate more than normal yesterday and its worrying me. I didn't eat anything until about 1 pm cuz of the doctor appointment and stuff. When I got home I made my eggs - then I remembered we had just a little ice cream and I needed something to make me feel better after that horrible experience with the phlebotomist from hell! So I ate it! Then a few hours later I ate a sweet potato with butter. We went to the hospital to see our newest great neice - then home to finish up the Meatza. I ate one peice - but was so full I was uncomfortable. I'm not tracking calories so I have no idea what I ended up with -- but my guestimate is around 2200. I hope I didn't do any damage. Some people say that a one day "eat more" thing is good for shocking the metabolism. So I'm banking on that theory!

gotta go put my hip waders later, and get into the fish pond (or maybe hubby will be IN the pond and I'll work from the sides) ............. its spring clean up time - and we've sorta neglected it for a couple years - so this year we have a lot of sediment to clean up. Hubby bought a marine maserator to use in our homemade filtration system. I sure hope this works. Last year we just could NOT get the water cleared up and it was green and gross all season! We LOVE our fish pond - and want it looking clear and fresh!

Have a good weekend everyone!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: