Page 177 of 611 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 6110

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 177

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I might thinking about that way........... Either way, if I'm going to lose this weight I need to ditch the rum.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

stomach is still feeling tight and queezy. I ate eggs in lots of butter. Now I have to leave for work and I'm not feeling very good. dang.

dinner tonight will be burger patty and sweet potato. probably won't be a vlc day - just a lc day. I also don't have any cream cheese clouds made up. I'm going to try not snacking between meals. Just eat my normal late breakfast - which is basically lunch - then nothing till dinner - no before bed snacks either. Just for a few days to see what happens. Nothing wrong with calorie restriction for a few days - otherwise Mark wouldn't suggest IFing.

I'm still wondering what happened to Judg? I think I got sorta attached to her. Weird. I didn't even know her. But I enjoyed interacting with her. I feel sorta sad that she isn't amongst us anymore. She helped me keep a sensible head about weight loss and what I can and cannot control regarding weight loss. Well - I hope she is happy and healthy and will think about us now and then and maybe pop in to say hi.

I have to go to work and I'm dragging my feet. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the "project" the doc wants me to help him with. I sorta feel its above my paygrade - and that I'm coming into it totally blind and being expected to figure it out on my own. Ugh! I feel pressured and thats not a comfortable feeling for me. From what I've seen so far - the billing person should be doing this MOC thing to earn extra pay for next the clinic. I honestly don't know if I am able to help him with any of it. There is a patient survey part that I think he expects me to be able to help him with. But I can't do that until he picks the patients he's going to use for the surveys. And its not surveying the patient - but their medical charts. Looking for improvement in their health and condition. Ugh.

Better go........ since I was sick yesterday I will have more to catch up on today. I'm going to start buying lottery tickets in hopes of winning enough to pay of the mortgage and then I'm going to go back to being a homemaker and helping my husband with the boatshop stuff.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight - still 183. I'm trying to get to 177 by the end of the month so I can start April into new territory. In 10 years I've seen 177 only 3 times ......... the first time was when I was gaining weight - the second time was when I went on the Medifast diet and lost down to 165. And of course the third was when I was gaining again after going back to eating normal SAD food. This will be the very last time I see this number...... and I'm passing by it on the way to smaller numbers!

I've been eating normally, although cutting back on portions just a bit. Still focusing on HFLC.

Yesterday:
    Breakfast at about 10:30 was 1 whole egg + 2 yolks, scrammbled, fried in butter
    Dinner at about 7 pm was a small sweet potato with butter and a hamburger patty with 2 TB ketchup (no HFCS, just sugar)
    Snack - some pork rinds and uncle dans dip.

I'm not tracking calories or macros right now - and the break feels good. I was way too fixated on getting my numbers right - but then would blow the whole thing on the weekends with rum and diet coke. I'm not going to do that anymore. I still have 48 pounds to lose - and I don't want to see another winter come and go before I lose it! I'm done fiddle farting around with this! Its time to get serious and get healthy!

We bought two really great kayaks that I'm so anxious to use this summer! And we have some hiking days planned. Its going to be a great spring/summer/fall! Can't wait till we get the boat in the water again. This will the most active I have been probably in my entire life! I wonder if we could manage to get our Basset Hound to ride on the kayak with us? That would be so cool! Have to work on that. He's big though - short legged, but he still weighs 60 pounds. Maybe we could buy a very small tow tube or something for him to ride on??? I need to find a good doggy lifejacket for him.

I'm so anxious for nice weather....... ugh. Oregon can be so dreary during the winter!

Last night a friend called Dennis to talk to him about our marriage counselor. They are having trouble and are thinking about seeing someone. They want to get together with us sometime soon and talk. I hope we can help. I'm concerned.......... He says its nothing "bad", just that are at that place when a little outside perspective is a good idea to get. The counselor we had is the absolute best - he was amazing. I wish they could clone him so everyone having marriage issues can get his councel. He was worth every single penny.

Yesterday when I was opening the mail at the office I got some more information about this project that I'm supposed to helping the doc with. I'm not sure why they didn't send it with the original paperwork! Nothing ever said "more information to come" so I've been going over what I have and trying to make sense of it all. Ugh -- oh well, 5.5 hours of work at home over the weekend - and I'm getting paid for it so I can't complain too much. I wish they would let me log in from home and I could work on it in the the quiet of my livingroom. I don't have a designated work space - I'm sorta just here and there. I wish I could have "my" desk someplace in the office. I'm going to talk to the manager about that. I could be set up with the biller, if I could some of the clutter out of the basement! The manager is a bit of a hoarder! There are old chairs and computers and all kinds of *hit that needs to be cleaned out! I just need to get him motivated to do it! He was supposed to have a bunch of old stuff ready for me to sort and scan and then shred when I came in this week - but he didn't. I'll have to ask him about it today.

I'm rambling - just feel the need to purge the brain a bit. Sorry its so boring!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Tomi!

Just wanted to pop in here with a discovery....

So, you know how I went on the wagon, okay, well, and then promptly fell off
    (which you didn't know but now you do).

So I don't know about YOU, but for me, the next day after wine time I totally crave
    HORRIBLE THINGS that will knock me out of ketosis.

The usual greazy delicious CARBY things that I MUST have... like potato chips, or
    Western Bacon Cheeseburgers from Carl's Jr... Har.

Okay, so today, after a beer and two glasses of wine last night, I felt it coming on
    so I had some bouillon with half a tablespoon of butter in it, and OMG, not only was
    it the SALT that I guess I needed (been procrastinating on that part of the EMF NK
    protocol) but the BUTTER made it nice and fatty and it was delicious.

The best part? My cravings for Stupid Shit have left the building! I can't freaking believe it.

I *may* have to have some more bouillon and butter later to ward off the sneaky
    post dinner munchie cravings for crap, but for now, good god, so freeing.

So anyway, I'm spamming you this information just in case YOU succumb to the same
    sorta stuff *I* to the next day after cocktails.

I've come to the realization that my cocktailing ways are going NOWHERE, but at least
    I can curtail them to once a week..... so.... no wagon ride for me right now.

Was going to post all this in the EMF thread, but figured I just wanted to basically
    tell YOU, so I searched for your journal.

Okie dokie, spamming over!

Hope you're doing well,

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Tomi!

Just wanted to pop in here with a discovery....
    Julie
    Hey - Glad you found me! I was wondering how the wagon ride was going for you. Thats a good tip and I will keep it in mind. I don't however have the next day crap cravings. My bad food choices come while under the influence of the spirits.

I too fell of the wagon --- but have reached the conclusion that I want to go back to being a non-drinker. My last taste of alcohol was 3/10/13. I'm finished with that stuff. Makes me feel like crap for at least 2 days afterwards - causes all kinds of bloat and inflamation - and completely stalls my weight loss efforts. On top of that - I lose that "zip it" filtering device that keeps my mouth shut about things that I don't need to be badgering hubby about. Seems we always get to bickering - the rum isn't worth hearing my husband say, "You've brought this up 3 nights in a row - can we just have ONE night where we don't go down into the pits and have some heavy conversation?" Rum brings out the bitch in me........ and I'd rather she say silent and hidden. I'm ordinarily a very fun loving - pleasant person - but rum makes me not so nice to be around when my brain gets fixated on something I want changed (like his diet). So --- I am ON THE WAGON!!!! Care to jump on and sit next to me?
    Last edited by tomi; 03-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi--you can do it. You are doing so well. Alcohol is hard. So many nights lately I have wished I could come home and have a beer and a cigarette. And when its something you and hubby do together that makes it worse. But you have come so far that this is just a walk in the park. Keep on walkin' sister
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

thanks for the encouragement, Val! Yes, I have come a long way - and I don't want the momentum haulted by poor beverage choices. I have goals and aspirations for my health. Getting to a healthy weight - and getting fit are my goals. I want to be able to hike and bike with ease! I want fibro pain to be nothing but a distant bad memory - and I want to see my toosh back into a size 8-10 jeans!

I'm heading into the "golden years" ........... I want them to be truly GOLD - not iron sludge!
    Last edited by tomi; 03-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - todays weight was up to 183.6. Up .4 from yesterday. Due I'm sure to the salty meatza we had for dinner last night. But holy moly was it good! Hubby loves it! I'm sure it was quite calorie ladden! Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground beef
    1/2 pound ground pork
    2 large eggs
    salt and pepper to taste
    garlic salt
    and what ever else you like to season your meat with.
    Mix at all up really good!

Preheat oven to 400 F

Spread 1/2 thick on foil lined pizza pan.

Cut up veggies into 1" peices (I used cauliflower, brocolli, squash, zucchini) and roast for 30 minutes with olive oil.

Thinly slice bell peppers and red onion - saute in butter until carmalized.

when veggies are about 3/4 done remove from oven and put the meat in. Turn down to 375 F - bake for 20 minutes. then turn up to broil until the top starts to brown. Remove and assemble ingredients.

A small amount of pizza sauce, then pepperoni and canadian bacon (if you love meat-lovers style), then the veggies, peppers and onions, then cheese - lots of cheese!!!

put it back in the oven until the cheese is all melty - put in under the broiler just until the cheese starts to get browned in spots! Take out - and enjoy! YUMMY! One of the best things I've made since going primal. I cut into 6 slices and boy - I could only eat 1 slice! Very filling!

Yes, the pizza sauce was store bought but it had NO sugar or HFCS - and only 5 g of carbs per 1/4 cup and only 3 g from sugar. I'm assuming that was from the natural sugars in the tomotoes. I only used 1/2 cup on the entire meetza and I only ate 1/6 of the whole thing. So - go figure, it isn't much. Ragu - 100% natural Pizza Sauce. Its says "natural or naturally derived" - whatever that means. I'm good with it.

I'm focusing on the positive changes that have happened since I've found this WOE. Some things are great changes from unhealthy eating to healthy eating - but others are just personal triumphs from even "healthy stuff" like almond butter and dark chocolate. Two things I became obsessed with after leaving behind peanut butter and anything chocolate! I'm enjoying being able to go past the dark chocolate and not be DRAWN IN to buy a bar! It feels very liberating. And the almond butter that has been sitting in the fridge untouched for 2 months is now all separated and oily on top! I still have a hard time not taking a handful of m&m's when I get too close to the bowl - but I'm working on that too. Haven't had a single m&m since we got home from vacation on Feb 16. Thats something to be proud of! I am a true choco-holic! It helps remembering that the FDA allows 9 rat hairs in every candy bar that comes off the line. YUCKY!! Non-food positive changes............ I walk miles now instead of feet. My sleep takes priority over some interesting TV show, and I'm cutting way back on the number of supplements I take, while remembering how important Vit D is during these long, cloud covered days in Oregon. My hubby is always commenting on how soft my skin is, even though I don't use any kind of moisturizer south of my face (I'm an Oil of Olay gal). I'm happy with my accomplishments - and still working on my stumbling blocks. Its a process and journey - I will likely never find the level of health and fitness that I dream about - but we should always have a goal just out of reach to keep us always striving to be better.

I want to add LHT to my list of accomplishments. We have a bowflex, but its so boring. Need to find a way to make it easier to use. Maybe if I set up the spare TV with the built in DVD I could at least watch a movie or something while pretending to know how to use that dumb thing!

okay- I guess I'm done rambling for now..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Wow.....you and Pebbles motivate me...I wanta be y'all if I ever grow up!! What is LHT? I saw that somewhere else? I am going to try the meatza one of these days. I periodically get pizza cravings. Keep on grockin...
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LHT = Lift Heavy Things! I have a bowflex that just sits and draws dust......... I need to using the dang thing!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation