Page 176 of 513 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 5122

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 176

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hope you feel better Tomi!

I always want to preach too but I remember how irritating that was when I smoked. Just keep being the model he needs to see.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've been "modeling" for 16 months now - and he see's how eating this way has improved my health - but he still wants to eat stuff that is bad for him (oreos and m&m's). Not that he eats those things on a daily basis, but still - more days than not. I want him healthy - but I also selfishly know if he was doing this with me, MY journey would be much easier. I'd not stray as often if I weren't faced with bad choices. Some people can just hold the line and not stray even when someone is handing them what used to be their favorite dessert. I'm not that person. I give in sometimes. MOSTLY I will be strong and decline - but not always.

I've also been trying to get him to not buy rum. I've told him I fear I will start to have problems with it (alcoholism runs in my family). I guess basically when it comes to food/drink he's pretty selfish. He wants to eat/drink what he likes and doesn't want to compromise. Although, since going primal, he eats what I cook and doesn't complain. He says he really enjoys what I make for dinner - but when its his turn to cook, or if he goes to the store there always is something made with grains or sugars included.

I don't know........ he's coming around, but I don't know if I will ever see him dive in completely. Right now he's sorta just dangling his feet in the water.

But - I think by refusing to eat the apple pie I have set a new boundary for him. I don't think he'll be doing that again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, why don't you make him some fried apples for dessert one night? Apples, butter, spices..........It would be so tasty with a bit of heavy cream. He may not know there is another way.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thats sounds so good! But he's not really fond of apples or apple pie. he bought it cuz he knows I love it - and he wanted dessert. He'll eat it, but its not his fav. When I get to my goal weight I will be making baked apples a LOT! for now, I'm trying to stay VLC.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I haven't eaten much today. I got up feeling yucky --- suspect food poisoning from eating a take out chef salad. The first thing I ate was some cream cheese clouds. Maybe 10, but I make them about the size of a hersheys kiss so they aren't very big. Then I had a few pork rinds with uncle dans sour cream dip. Then maybe 2 oz of almonds. Thats it. I'm starting to feel a bit empty - its now 8:20 pm. I might fry a couple eggs before bed.

I'm making hubby his favorite meal! Curry. The house smells great and I know he'll be very appreciative! He likes my curry. I like to make him happy - so its a win/win situation. He's at bible study tonight so it should be ready when he gets home. The house smells wonderful!

We put the 5th wheel on craigslist last weekend - no calls yet. I know we have it priced a little bit high, but it is in excellent condition and its really nice since I re-decorated and stuff. Its got a new 37" flat screen with blue ray DVD player and most of the kitchen stuff stays with it too. We might need to list it in more of the surrounding area - like Portland. Its a bitter/sweet feeling - wanting the cash for the mortgage, but we'll miss it too. No winter weekend runs to the beach once its gone. But, we're doing the right thing. Focusing all available cash to the mortgage will set us in a good place for retirement.

I watched Sugar - The Bitter Truth again this afternoon. I needed to hear all that again to make me see the realities of not eating fructose (outside of fruit) and not drinking rum. Its all poison - and it all works against my goals of weight loss and being healthy in my aging years. I want to stay clear of both.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    he bought it cuz he knows I love it - and he wanted dessert. He'll eat it, but its not his fav.
    I have to wonder if he bought it in unconscious 'retaliation' for you coming by the shop and making comments about the pizza. Sort of a 'see, you have stuff you want, too' kind of move. He was probably quite surprised when you refused it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I have to wonder if he bought it in unconscious 'retaliation' for you coming by the shop and making comments about the pizza. Sort of a 'see, you have stuff you want, too' kind of move. He was probably quite surprised when you refused it.
    Good point, Sabine.

Tomi, if there's one thing I've learned this last year, it's that this lifestyle isn't for everyone. For some it's disbelief that food could have that big of an impact on our lives - from a cellular perspective. For others, it's downright refusal to change. And of course, there's every varying degree in between. Dangling is feet is better than keeping his shoes on.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Certainly a possibility. I hadn't considered that he may have had an unconscious motive for making the purchase (little stinker). He ended up taking the pie to his men's bible study group and everyone loved it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

This lifestyle is most certainly not for everyone -- although it most certainly should be!! I imagine we will see a turn around in the coming decade or two. Major change may take 50 years. I mean it took us that long to begin to see that the SAD is killing us. But I have to wonder what this change will do to our economy. Will major food producers have to radically change their ways or be put out of business? Will America go back to being a farming country? that would be wonderful

The scales are beginning to take a downward path again. 183 this morning. Still 6 pounds over my alltime primal low. I'm hoping to see it by the end of the month. My eating has been clean and primal for nearly 2 full weeks now, but I did have some rum. Thats what is keeping me from losing weight. After watching the sugar video again I am convinced that my choice to have rum is sabatoging my desire to be thin. Maybe I'm scared to get thin for fear of not being able to maintain it? I do think of that on occasion. I stayed thin until the age of 40 - with the exception of gaining 20 pounds in my mid 30's and losing it on Weight Watchers. At 40 I experienced ENORMOUS stress! I had been a homemaker my entire life - then divorce happened and for the first time in 18 years I was faced with having to support myself and my 14 year old son. Fast forward 2 years and I'm marrying my high school sweetheart and best friend - only to realize his 2 daughters have NO intentions of sharing daddy. Then I get diagnosed with fibromyalia. Between 2000 and 2005 I gained 75 pounds. Stress eating and increased levels of cortisol do not make happy bed partners. They make for a FAT Tomi. But, I know I've found the answer in this WOE. And since the girls are off living their own lives, and we've gone through a year of counseling I don't foresee that stress ever coming back. I know I can lose this weight and maintain it without difficulty. I know I can. So I need to stay focused on the long-term goal, and not let the NOW desires derail me. Rum will keep me from reaching my goal so I have to not have it. I said NO to the apple pie - I can just as easily say NO to the rum.

So thats my choice ................... I'm going back to being a non-drinker.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, instead of going cold turkey on the rum, what about drinking less quantity of it less frequently and weaning yourself off of it? I did that with wine and it was the way to go for me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.