Page 172 of 550 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 5491

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 172

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks, Jenn! I need a cheerleader!

I just got back from a 2.2 mile walk. YEAH ME!!!

Now - to tackle the paperwork and take it the tax preparer. UGH - I hate tax time.

breakfast/lunch = 1 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks - cooked all crispy in lots of butter! with a dash of garam masala and cayenne!

Question - I'm thinking about how to make chicken enchilada's without the flour tortilla.............. you think I could do it with lots of egg and maybe some almond flour? I'm gonna try this weekend........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    thanks, Jenn! I need a cheerleader!

I just got back from a 2.2 mile walk. YEAH ME!!!

Now - to tackle the paperwork and take it the tax preparer. UGH - I hate tax time.

breakfast/lunch = 1 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks - cooked all crispy in lots of butter! with a dash of garam masala and cayenne!

Question - I'm thinking about how to make chicken enchilada's without the flour tortilla.............. you think I could do it with lots of egg and maybe some almond flour? I'm gonna try this weekend........
    You can google paleo/primal tortillas. Mark has a recipe.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, one thing that works for me is planning "a treat". I also like to tie it to meeting a preset goal. As an example--my goal this month(Feb) was to put the equivalent of 5 miles each day on the treadmill. That meant 140 miles. If I met that goal I told myself I was getting a Padington's lunch sized pizza.

This "game" I play helps keep me honest, on plan, focused and not feeling deprived.

Marcadav!! Nice to hear from you!

Thats a good suggestion - I may give it a try.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Hubby and I talked and decided to sell the 5th wheel and put the money on the mortgage. I also used a mortgage amortization calculator and if we can put ALL of our extra money on the mortgage (meaning my entire paycheck) we can pay off the mortgage by 2020. Thats 8 years early! We'll be 60 years old and mortgage free! So.......... I'm on a mission to make that happen.

Yesterday was a great food day! Numbers were perfect! And I was down a pound this morning. I walked 2.2 miles yesterday, and 3.2 miles today. That included mowing the grass - which combines lots of movement and lifting (empying the bag) I'm back in the game! YEAH! I hate being off plan. and I hate taking too many days off of my walking - I hate taking ANY days off of my walking.

My spring goal is clean the shop that I used to make garden art in. Thanks economy for killing that venture! Its filled with all kinds of stuff that I used in the making of the garden art. I need to clean it up and try to sell the peices and parts. Maybe I'll try to do it again someday.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

What a great weekend! fun stuff, relaxing stuff, productive stuff!

I walked 1.7 miles yesterday. Not my best - but it was something.

We forgot to fill the hopper on the pellet stove last night and go up to a 56 degree house! Burr! I caved and turned on the furnace to warm things a bit faster.

I ate almost 100% primal over the weekend........ last night I had a small amount of rice, and 4 oreos. And then promptly had a fibro flare that had me curled into a ball and crying for about 30 minutes. So........ again I need to remind myself that sugar will make me feel like I want to die.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sorry about the fibro flare. I can only imagine how miserable that must be. Sugar makes me want to die in a different way (depression!).

That's exciting about the mortgage & 5th wheel. Wish I had things to sell, but I'll just have to keep picking away at my loans. 7 more years if I don't ever earn less or accrue any other crazy debt! And I should have some EE bonds that mature around that time, too .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    You are doing so great! You have been busy. I know about those damn fibro flares. Mine always take days to go away. Just tell yourself over and over sugar=pain. Keep on rockin'! You are really beating this stuff!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sorry about the fibro flare. I can only imagine how miserable that must be. Sugar makes me want to die in a different way (depression!).

That's exciting about the mortgage & 5th wheel. Wish I had things to sell, but I'll just have to keep picking away at my loans. 7 more years if I don't ever earn less or accrue any other crazy debt! And I should have some EE bonds that mature around that time, too .
    I've never thought about sugar effecting mood that way, but then it makes total sense when I think about it. At least you've figured it out early in life and can deal with it from now forward! Thats a big plus! As for the loans - they will ease up in time. Pay extra when you can - put the tax refunds and stuff on them - it really makes a big difference in the final pay-off if you can add a little bit here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    You are doing so great! You have been busy. I know about those damn fibro flares. Mine always take days to go away. Just tell yourself over and over sugar=pain. Keep on rockin'! You are really beating this stuff!
    I need to have it tattoed onto the back of my hand I think! That way everytime I reach from something sugary I'll see it! Thanks for the encouragement - I need it right now. I'm 12 pounds over what I was hoping to be by this time. I need to kick it in gear and start seeing some weight loss!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I just did my first multi-quote thingy!

Today was a good day. I got up early, but didn't finish the task I got up early to do. I will finish it this evening - I'm home alone cuz hubby is at his men's bible study. So, I have the next 2 1/2 hours alone.

I ate eggs for breakfast, had a small snack of cream cheese clouds after work, and am now eating 2 cans of Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup - not primal - but only slightly. It is processed but the list of ingredients isn't really all that aweful. It has NO MSG - but it has yeast extract and hydrolyzed vegetable protein (whatever that is) - but it says it contains less than 2% of it. I just didn't have the energy to make dinner tonight. There is enough left over meatloaf and rice for hubby. I'm gonna need more calories so I will have some pork rinds and sour cream later. I need to take something out for dinner tomorrow.

I'm tired. I'm going to finish up this task and then turn on the TV and do nothing for the rest of the night.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation