Page 171 of 462 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 171

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I usually opt for an omelet or eggs when I go out to places like that. Tonight I'll be dining at Village Inn (I have class) and will order 3 eggs scrambled with green peppers, ham and onion, topped with cheese with a side of buttah (they usually bring 2 tbsp). I'll likely have the same thing tomorrow night before class, again. It's a pretty safe meal and I can input it into MFP as a denver omelet. I get this with a side salad and top it with herb infused olive oil (I got it at the farmers market but could make it myself at home).

Oh and the reason I order it this way instead of as an omelet is b/c it's cheaper and I don't have to answer all the "no pancake, no toast, no english muffin, no.... blah blah blah" questions.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thats a good idea, Jenn - I'll try that if the situation comes up again. Usually when we have to eat out due to unforeseen circumstances we find a steak house - but this time it didn't work out that way.

Note: sushi causes water retention!!!! Up to 183.8 this morning and feeling squishy! I wish I could wring myself out like a wet towel! The sushi was awesome though. I got shrimp topped with mango! yum............... and then apple pie for dessert. The calories aren't that bad, but it is totally NOT primal and NOT the best choice for my needs. But I figure - I eat dessert so rarely I'm not going to beat myself up over it. There is one peice left for both of us and then it is gone............ and I probably won't have another peice of pie for another year. It doesn't help with my goals, but, it helps with my constant craving for apple pie!

WARNING: Non primal, boring life stuff...........

Have to go in to the office early today and work a longer day than normal. I've been given more stuff to do and its requiring more time - good for the paycheck. Doc has to get re-certified and part of the requirements are now chart reviews on 25 patients who were seen in the last calendar year. Once he gives me the list of patients its my job to complete all the necessary paperwork for the chart reviews. I like doing that sort of stuff - hunting for the info and filling out the forms. Thats pretty much what I did as a research coordinator - 'cept I also had to see study patients, take vitals, blood and urine samples, process and send the samples to labs........... it was a fun job when we could find qualified study patients. Anyway - I'm looking forward to doing this. It will take a while to complete. I'm also going through 30 years of paperwork that has accumulated since doc opened his practice. Figuring out what needs to be saved - scan it into the system - and shred the papers. I'm barely started with that task. Bottom line - I need to plan on working about 6 hours a day now - maybe even adding in fridays when I'm not taking mom shopping.

Saw MIL last night. She's getting thin, but looks good otherwise. She has about 30% of hearing even when wearing her hearing aids - and her eyesight is very poor. She has Macular Degeneration and Glaucoma. So the light is dim, and she sees as if looking through swiss cheese. It pretty hard to talk to her - you have to yell, and then sometimes she doesn't know who's talking to her. She's so darn sweet though........... I just love the dickens out of her!

Zeus discovered while we were on vacation that the little sting he gets from the invisible fence isn't enough to keep him in the yard anymore!!! so for the past 2 weeks we have been hearing from the neighbors that he's out in the front wandering around and barking at passing cars. He only does this when we leave. So, we bought a new reciever, thinking maybe the old one was giving out - that didn't work. Last night we widened the fence barrier so he gets the signal sooner and gets zapped longer if he chooses to enter the NO ZONE! This puts the zap zone so wide that he can't go by the garage side of the house without getting zapped. I need to take him outside and teach him the new boundaries. I will have to do that before I leave for work today.

Its only 7:45 and I'm thinking its time to go shower and get to the office. I need to get my stuff done before the dietician comes in cuz we share work space. She starts at 12:30 on Thursdays. I'd like to get a lot done today so I should get started. But first I'll catch up on some journals
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Good morning, Tomi. My guess is that the water retention is from the apple pie, not the sushi??

Sounds like a nice work project. I'd like to have a project... lol The work you just described sounds like interesting work to me. What certifications did you need to do that work? Phlebotomy? CNA? Just curious.

Hope you get the fence thing figured out with Zeus. Sneaky dogs.

Good morning, Jenn!

To be a research coordinator you need a degree, preferably with a medical context. I have a degree in Psychology, but my program was a scienced based corriculum so I had lots of classes in anatomy/physiology, biology, ect. Training in phlebotomy is also required. The rest is on the job training stuff. I worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator for about 7 years after getting my degree in 2000. It was a good job. I had to fly over the country for training meetings and interum meetings for long term studies. I traveled a lot - sometimes 6 times a year. The pharmaceutical companies always held the meetings at 5 star resorts - so it was VERY nice! Long boring meetings in cold drafty auditoriums - but the food was always wonderful, and the bar was open every night! Usually I traveled with my best friend, who was also a coordinator and/or the doc so we would hang out in the evenings. If in Vegas, he would pay for a nice show, or something. It was good. I loved it while doing it - but don't miss it. I do enjoy what I'm doing now. When I enter new patients into the system I have to read all the incoming chart notes and pull out pertinent info to enter into our system. Every office has a different charting system so its sometimes a challenge to weed through all the junk to find the important stuff! I have always loved research so this sorta feeds that need.

I hope we get Zeus to stay home too. He doesn't wander off down the street - he just won't stay inside the space he's supposed to be in!!! Danged Dog!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Travel... yuck. Fine if you don't have a family and kids... Sounds like an interesting occupation, though.

Well, I did have a family and kids - but a husband who would step in a take over sure is helpful! He's pretty much worth his weight in gold!

I think you're right about the extra weight being from the apple pie! DUH! I wasn't even thinking SUGAR and FLOUR and CRAP OILS in the mix. I was thinking APPLES and SPICES and BUTTER! It tastes wonderful - but maybe not so much worth the extra pounds or the delay of seeing my goal. Next time I'm craving apple pie I'm going to back down some apples with butter and honey and eat them in a bowl! Maybe with some HWC or homemade ice cream.

I'm learning - slowly.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Next time you crave apple pie just saute them in butter until soft and add cinnamon. Seriously tasty. If you use a sweet apple like Fuji you don't need any sugary stuff.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I had apple pie last night with ice cream. It kicked my ass. I spent the rest of the night feeling 8 months pregnant (and looking it too) and had some digestive distress this morning. What is it about apple pie??

Apple pie is the best dessert invented! It has all of my favorite things in it!

Honeybuns - you are absolutely right. I decided to do just that after seeing pound 2 on the scale. This morning pound 4 appeared after 3 nights of having a peice of pie. I should have just spent the $3.49 on ONE peice instead of bringing home an entire pie to share with hubby at $7.99 for the whole pie. But seriously - $6.98 for 2 peices - vs $7.99 for the whole freakin' pie! why do they that!??? Makes me mad! Another reason I should not eat at Shari's. Course it wasn't by choice so much as the need to find something to eat. Next time - NO DESSERT!

Whatever............ It's done and I'm now 17 pounds above where I was hoping to be that this time. I should never lay out a weight loss chart. It kills me cuz I never meet my lofty goals! If I was 100% perfect 100% of the time - I would probably meet those goals. But I'm 80% perfect 50% of the time so it just doesn't pencil out. GRRRR!

My birthday is now - 21 week away and I still have 49 pounds to get to goal. HUM - thats not likely to happen now is it!! I'm done playing footsie with this stuff - its time for some full on serious PRIMAL living!

Here's my goals.......

Goal weight 135
    Calories 1200
    Fat 70%
    Prot 20%
    Carb 10%

I will walk 2 miles every day regardless of weather or mood!
    I will have NO sugar or wheat!

This is totally doable - I just have to keep my eye on the goal and not let it wander off onto some temperary yummy treat. My TREAT will be the smaller numbers on the scale - NOT some 20 seconds on the tongue goal killer! EYES ON THE GOAL!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Go get 'em Tomi!