Page 169 of 523 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 5222

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 169

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love the success story today. Its great to read how changing to a primal diet improves health issues and quality of life. That is my story - primal eating keeps the fibro at bay and I can live my life!

Mom shopping today went okay. She didn't need a lot even though she hadn't been shopping in a month. He cupboards were well stocked! She said she wants to look into moving to another apartment - there is only one option for her income level in her town, and my sister says she doesn't want mom there cuz it isn't safe. Sister is with her now discussing options for her future. Sister works at the Retirement Village and knows what to do to get mom on Medicaid so she can get on the wait list to move into that facility. I'm waiting to find out what they decided. If she can't get into the Village she will eventually have to come live with us. Our house is the only one that will be right for her needs. I'm not ready to take in my mother.

Not sure how that would look for me............ would I need to quit my job at the doc office? Or will I be able to continue since its just p/t. Its not like she needs constant care........ so I wouldn't need to be here 24/7. I could actually work all 5 days since I wouldn't be going to take care of her on fridays. That would be a plus. Our house has space that would be her bedroom and living area - and there is a full bath (although in need of some repair) on the main floor as well. I suppose I have to accept the fact that she will be living with us if we cannot find another option. Its not like I haven't been thinking of this for a long time - its just that my son moved out only a month ago - and I'm really enjoying the freedom!

Well........... whatever happens it won't be for at least 6 months or a year. Mom's able to stay where she is for a while longer. I need to stop worrying about it.

I've felt a bit bloated today. I had eggs for lunch, then CCC's and some almonds. I have decided to fast until breakfast tomorrow. Total calories today: 1026 macros 84/12/4 --- perfect - although a bit shy on calories. I'll drink lots of water and have a big mug of tea later. Hubby will finish up the killer curry I made last night! HAWT!!!!! but REALLY yummy. I left out the chili powder and didn't get sick!

better get some stuff done...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

181.4. I'm down to pre-vaca weight now to get down to 177 by march 1st. This EMF thing is really doing it!

Yesterday I made some more cream cheese clouds. Instead of chocolate I added some maple flavoring and cinnamon and cloves. Too much cloves for sure! And I'll go easier on the flavoring next time too. But they are different and pretty good. Sorta a nice break from the chocolate.

I skipped dinner last night but ate some pork rinds around 9 pm. I'm pretty hungry this morning so I'm making my eggs.

Going up to see my son this afternoon and help him with getting up curtains and stuff
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Job! You controlled yourself on vacation and got that extra weight off fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Great Job! You controlled yourself on vacation and got that extra weight off fast.
    thanks! I could use some praise and encouragement right now!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Can't wait to hear more about son's place. I'm impressed at how quickly he is ready for tenants!

Grats on the weight loss etc. Seems like you're doing really well with getting back on track.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Having room mates should be so good for your son. Hoping he gets some good ones.

I just talked to my son. He had a woman look at the rooms today - she's gonna get back to him a couple days. He's ready for people to move in, but the house is still not quite ready. We got curtain rods on all the main floor windows, but the 2 rooms upstairs still need coverings. He ordered curtains on line and is waiting for them to be delivered. He is installing electronic combination locks on all the bedroom doors and on the entry door that tennants will use. They can be controlled on his computer and are all wireless. I guess they all batteries in them for power? He bought some stuff for the kitchen, a knife set and a coffee maker. He's making good progress. I'm proud of him!

I've done great staying on track - except I had rum over the weekend. I wonder if that would throw me out of ketosis? Weight is holding at 181. Still hoping to see 177 by friday so I better stay on the straight and narrow! I've had eggs for the last 3 meals! Yesterday, eggs for breakfast - then we got home late and ended up just making eggs and bacon for dinner - this morning eggs for breakfast again! I've snacked on some pork rinds with Uncle Dans Ranch mix. Dinner is going to be steak and sweet potato with loads of butter!

I think I'll splurg on those ketostix tomorrow cuz I really want to see if I'm in ketosis now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I haven't walked in a week! actually more than a week. My last walk was on the 15th! 10 days with no walk........... UGH!

Its the wet and the cold - I just don't want to go out in it.

Weight today 181.8 Gotta get this moving again.

I'm tired.......... I think I had some sort of bug yesterday. I slept really late, then just sat on the couch all freakin' day! Moving made my body ache and I just couldn't think clearly. Today seems to be okay. I've been up since 6:30 - thats pretty rare for me! I normally get up between 8 and 9. I might have to go back to bed for a bit............

I think I'm having the winter blahs. I need some sunshine. I'm feeling lethargic and just sorta flatline emotionally.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

My midsection is feeling smaller today!

Thats what I'm going to focus on for the day
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi! Congrats on the weight loss. There must be something in the air today b/c I feel emotionally low as well. I hope your day gets better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)