Page 166 of 522 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 5218

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 166

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sounds like you're having a dream vacation! I would love to do a similar trip sometime! Maybe hubby and I can find a place that rents RV's and fly out to Cali or Oregon or something, rent a camper and go sight-seeing for a week! How fun!

Enjoy your time away and know that I am thoroughly jealous of your awesome vacation!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad to hear about your wonderful vacation! Have a great, great, great time!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    we are having a really great time! Today we went on a 2.5 mile hike through Myrtlewood groves and Old Growth Redwood forest! The first part of the trail was pretty easy and classed easy to moderate - although the river side was a pretty long steep drop off to the water. The second part was classed "moderate to steep" - that was a mile long through the deep forest! The trail was well maintained and we managed well through the entire thing. I'll try to post a couple pics when I get home.

I'm eating fairly well - I've had a few non-primal bits and peices - but meals have been strictly primal and snacking has been minimal. I've had a couple bowls of ice cream and Rum and diet coke - thats the worst of it. We've stayed very active though so I don't think I've done any damage to my weight loss efforts.

Tomorrow we'll try our hand at salmon fishing on the Umpqua river!

As for the romance.......... lots of it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Glad to hear the "romance" is flourishing. Maybe with an empty house, you will be more frisky!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thats what I'm hoping for, Pedidoc!

Jenn - you should absolutely look into coming to the Oregon Coast - it is breath takingly beautiful! There are RV rentals available. I believe RV America or something to that effect.

Hubby is talking about going back to a motorhome in a few years. He likes the ease of simply driving in and hooking up. We would need to have a car in tow though. He says my Pathfinder would be a good car to tow - but I think something smaller would be better. A little electric something maybe. But thats years away. Perhaps when we get the mortgage paid off we can looking into it further.

Speaking of - I'm working on a plan to pay off the mortgage in about 10 years. I need to do some more planning and figuring but I think its doable. I'm not telling hubby about it and will just surprise him with the paid off deed of ownership when we get it. I'm hoping to make it a gift for our 20th anniversary!

Today we are heading but up to Winchester Bay RV and Marina - that is a really nice place!!!! The waves crash on the rocks that form the bay and its very loud! Hubby wants to rent a couple quad wheelers and play on the dunes. In case you don't know about the Oregon Dunes - check this out: Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I wish I knew how to type "this" and make it connect to the website - but I haven't figured that out yet........ Anyway....... He wants to go have some fun playing in the sand. But I think its too much money for few hours of play. We'll see......
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I wish I knew how to type "this" and make it connect to the website - but I haven't figured that out yet........ Anyway....... He wants to go have some fun playing in the sand. But I think its too much money for few hours of play. We'll see......
    Type the word "this", highlight it, click the hyperlink button, paste your hyperlink, click ok.

okay lets see if I'm smart enough to do this!

Jenn - I found this and thought you might be interested! Its a bit pricey but could be lots of fun! Fly over, rent a car and go camping!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Worked! good job! I'm pinning that site for use later.

Fishing was not successful. The places we wanted to go - and were rigged up for - were closed to native salmon. We don't do catch and release since most of the time the fish dies anyway so we found a beautiful lake threw in our lines and waited - and waited - and waited. NADA! We weren't set up for the lake fishing so it was unlikely we would have caught anything.

Its been a lazy day - only walked about 1/2 a mile. Feeling very sleepy. Hubby slept for a bit as the sun warmed him through the rear window of the 5th wheel. So cute. We're having filet mignon for dinner - we bought a loin at Costco and cut extra thick steaks! It is sure to taste wonderful as hubby is an excellent BBQ'r We'll have shriHamp sauteed in butter and garlic salt and spuds to go with the steak! YUMMY!

We're not big on the Hallmark holidays so no cards, no gifts, no expectations.

Thinking about heading home as the week of leisure is coming to a close. Our neighbor told me on fb that our dog has been sitting in the front yard howling for hours each day He's not used to being home all day by himself. Saturday morning we'll load her up and make the drive back to reality.

I've not been too terribly off track with my eating. Snacking has been mostly pork rinds and cream cheese clouds. My cheats have been some m&m's, 2 bowls of ice cream, and a few 1/2 primal home made cookies. And then there's the rum - lots of rum. I'm not apologizing cuz I'm on vacation! Saturday starts my strictness and quest for NK again!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Tomi you are smarter than me. I can't figure it out So glad your vacation is going well!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs